Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

I had a slow down on my weight loss for about 6 weeks. Very frustrating. But finally the lbs have been coming off again. I started working out on a regular basis and I'm sure that has helped. But, I have also been pretty tight with my band lately. I think sometimes if we go out to dinner, I stress about not being able to eat and then I can't eat. I know I don't always make the right choices but it is a learning process and hopefully I'm finally learning. Getting past the 1/2 way point was a good motivator for me. Now I take it 10 lbs at a time. It is very exciting to see the numbers getting smaller on the scales.< /p>

I struggled big time after my last fill. Just hours after I got 1 cc, I had to go back because I couldn't even swallow my own spit without throwing it up. So he took out .5 cc. For about 5 weeks, I threw up EVERYTHING I ate. EVERYTHING. And at night I had to sleep sitting straight up or the acid would come up and I would wake up vomiting in my sleep. Why did I let it go on for so long without going back to the doctor for another unfill? I lost 22 pounds in that 5 weeks, that's why. Isn't that sick? I suffered every day just to lose some weight.

My best friend is 5'3" and weighs MAYBE 85 pounds. She doesn't understand what I'm going through and actually encouraged me to keep all my Fluid and tried to discourage me from getting an unfill. She asked, "Isn't this what you want? To lose weight?" This was so frustrating and hurtful. I honestly dont' think she meant harm by it, she doesn't get it.

I just couldn't handle it anymore. Every time I'd go out to eat, after just a few small bites of food, I was excusing myself to the restroom and praying no one was in there to hear me throw up. I finally went back to the doctor where he took out .25 cc. The weight loss has coming to a screeching halt, but I feel so much better.

I joined Curves for about a month and grew very bored with it and haven't done any exercising since. I know if I were to add this to my daily routine, the pounds and inches would just slide off. I just haven't mentally gotten there yet.

Hi everyone!

Well for many of us we are approaching the one year mark. How do you feel? I feel so much better than I did this time last year mentally and physically but I am a bit discouraged that I let myself slide for the past few months. However, I'm not going to let that get the best of me. I intend to re-start from scratch.

I have heard about a 3 or 5 day pouch "test" to get things back to basics and jump start things a bit. Has anyone else heard of this?

I am also making exercise a priority. I have let that go in lieu of many other things that I've been doing for various family members and also working from home at night. I just am not going to do that anymore.

I'm hoping these changes will get me back on track quickly.

Any other tips or encouragement for me??

Thanks for listening and hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season. :)

Claricey

I never thought about how much I lost each week on average. I just did the calculations...1.37. Amazing! Now some weeks I lost more, and some I lost nothing, but to see how it all averaged out...well, that's just GREAT! Thanks Bobbi! HIGH FIVE!

I was at 75lbs for my bandiversary on the 14th. I had lost 30 before my pre-op putting me over 100lbs. I wanted to lose 100lbs by the 14th of Jan 2011, post op. Looking at the average, that is 1.4 lbs a week, so i should fill pretty good, even if I did not make my goal. Had port revision surgery Wednesday. My port flipped back in October and was turned awkwardly before that making fills painful, so my weight loss slowed. I am trying to get really focussed this year because I still have close to 90lbs to reach my goal!

Today is my 1 year band-aversary and I am very happy to report I have lost 62 lbs :rolleyes:

This is by far the best weight loss decision I have ever made!

Anyone else have a slide in the wrong direction. I had about a 3-4 month plateau and about 15 pounds have crept back on. Just cant seem to motivate. I guess I've figured ways to defeat the band and I've lost my momentum.

Would love to hear from anyone else that experienced a set back. I'm trying to keep the depression at bay but with lots of personal family and work issues right now I'm finding it so difficult.

Thanks for listening and congrats to everyone for working so hard this year.

:)

Today is my 1 year band-aversary and I am very happy to report I have lost 62 lbs

This is by far the best weight loss decision I have ever made!

Hello everyone. . . my one-year "bandiversay" was January 12. I haven't been on this site for a while . . . have been thinking getting banded wasn't such a good idea. Had lost 42 lbs. by June 1, then between now and then, i've gained 20 lbs. Had last fill in September....thought I was at sweet spot, but now don't know. Get really filled with a ceral/milk/banana Breakfast, and am really tight, and do not get hungry until late afternoon....then have late lunch and lots of "productive burps", but once the sun goes down, all hell breaks loose!!!! Seems like after 7:00 p.m., there is no restriction and lots of hunger......WHAT IS GOING ON....please let me know if you have experienced this or something similar!!! Thanks! :rolleyes:

Barb - Try eating Protein when "all hell breaks loose". I find if I eat protein first, I don't have room for anything else. Maybe you should set up an appointment with your nutrionist to give you some guidenance. Good Luck!

I was banded january 15, 2010. Two plus years and 150 lb later I feel like a new person...my life has been saved. I excecise 1 hour a day and eat what I like. I dont weigh and measure but i try to eat healthy and keep the sweers to a treat before bed. Weigh myself daily and have 5 3/4 cc fill. Would love to hear from others and hear about what works and does not