Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Happy B-Day krstjump03,,,,

Hi--I just registered and found this thread! I have my surgery Jan 7--Dr. Ortiz in Mexico will be my surgeon and I'm self-pay. I've been thinking about this for at least a year, found out my insurance wouldn't cover it, and began researching less expensive places. I'm so excited to find this group--I have lots of questions and know I'll find answers here. Here's to all of us January bandsters! Jill

HI JILL! I'm using Dr Ortiz too! I am scheduled for the weekend after you though. How great would it be to do it at the same time?!?! I can't wait to hear ALL about it! I'm super excited for you! :thumbup:

Well, one month from tomorrow I will be banded. I am happy, nervous and excited. I really can't wait.

I don't have the support of my family. My mother says why are you doing this and you can do it on your own. Why sould you starve yourself. Thats why I weigh 366 and she is close to 400. You would think she would be more understanding,

My daughter is taking me to and from the hospital. She is really not interested. She's 18 and about 290.

When I started the process two and a half years ago (insurance problems) I told my best friend of 15 years she stopped talking to me. Only started talking to me 3 weeks ago. I am not going to tell her.

I am going to need the support of my LAP-BAND® family who do understand.

When I get to goal I'm gonna do everything.

Kudos to you Joyce13! Do not give up on yourself! And we are all here for you as we all have similar battles and struggles. hang in there!

I get banded on jan 13 - a new year and a new me!:thumbup:

Hi Joyce,

I think it is great that you are going to sit down and explain it to everyone. Don't let them talk you out of it either. It is for you and no one else.

I know that he is afraid I am going to leave him but he doesn't have such a great attitude now so that is not making me want to be with him anymore.

As for your boyfriend... That is great that you want to concentrate on yourself. You will be one hot woman and don't need to be tied down.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 226/145

2.What is your surgery date? 1/13/10

3.What is your age? 31

4.Where do you live? Birmingham, AL

5.Where are you having surgery? The Surgery Center

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Touliatos

7.Insurance or self-pay? self pay

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I have been over weight my entire life, lost up to 40 lbs on LA Weight Loss and gained it all back and have only been able to lose 5 -15 lbs since with lots of effort. I particpated in a weight loss study w/ twice a day injections (supposed to control your appetite) and lost 17 lbs. 3 months after the study was over I had gained back 8 lbs. I am tired of yo-yo dieting!!!! My insurance will not cover the surgery and I am now in a position that I can pay for it. Yay!!

Here is my mantra for the new year: Leaving the fat behind in 2009 and getting thin in 2010!!!!

I am getting banded in January and I am holding on to this diet and losing weight slowly right now. I am dieting but sometimes the scale does not move some days even though I walk my 30 minutes and I try to eat under 1500 calories a day. I hope that I can get another 10 lbs off before January 11 when I go to have the surgery. Good luck everyone.

1.What is your current and goal weight? 350/197

2.What is your surgery date? 1/27/10

3.What is your age? 44

4.Where do you live? Orange Country CA

5.Where are you having surgery? Orange Hospital

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Oliak

7.Insurance or self-pay? Self pay

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? It is affecting my life and career to an unacceptable level. I know conventional wisdom states that this should be about health and other higher purposes. However, I must say that it is mostly vanity and business.

Kudos to you Joyce13! Do not give up on yourself! And we are all here for you as we all have similar battles and struggles. hang in there!

I get banded on jan 13 - a new year and a new me!:thumbup:

me too! My date is Jan 13. Bright and early at 8:00 am!

A lot of you January bandsters read on here that my surgery was scheduled for January 4th. Well it was until today! I don't know if any of you remember me telling about my liver transplant last year in April at mayo Clinic, Jacksonville? Anyway, my family just kept insisting that I call my liver doctor before I went through with this so to please them I gave in. Well, my transplant co-ordinator (nurse) called me back today and said that my doctor said no way, no how.

He wants me to at least wait until I have my yearly check-up with biopsy in April before he will make a decision. He said that most liver transplants have to wait 3 years before they will ok this procedure! I am so discouraged, have been crying ever since the call and don't know what I can possibly do to lose this weight! lapband was my last resort as I'm sure it is for most of you! I am still going to visit here often, and hope that maybe I will be able to get it in May after my tests at Mayo. I'm sure the doctors know what's best for me and I don't want to take the chance of messing up this NEW liver so I guess I will just stay fat for the time being.

Good luck to all of you and May God Bless.:thumbup:

A lot of you January bandsters read on here that my surgery was scheduled for January 4th. Well it was until today! I don't know if any of you remember me telling about my liver transplant last year in April at mayo Clinic, Jacksonville? Anyway, my family just kept insisting that I call my liver doctor before I went through with this so to please them I gave in. Well, my transplant co-ordinator (nurse) called me back today and said that my doctor said no way, no how.

He wants me to at least wait until I have my yearly check-up with biopsy in April before he will make a decision. He said that most liver transplants have to wait 3 years before they will ok this procedure! I am so discouraged, have been crying ever since the call and don't know what I can possibly do to lose this weight! LAP-BAND® was my last resort as I'm sure it is for most of you! I am still going to visit here often, and hope that maybe I will be able to get it in May after my tests at Mayo. I'm sure the doctors know what's best for me and I don't want to take the chance of messing up this NEW liver so I guess I will just stay fat for the time being.

Good luck to all of you and May God Bless.:)

Con, I am so sorry for your setback.. however I'm VERY EXCITED that your new liver is functioning so well! This will all happen for you when it is best for your body. I expect to see you around again.. and soon!

As I said, my date is January 13.

I'm already looking very hard at what I eat and why I eat it. In fact, I'd go tomorrow for this procedure if I could. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I have realized a lot of what I have done in the past that has added the weight on. I have also noticed that I have done very little to stop it since I kind of feel like I am on a countdown. I will follow my pre and post diet to a "t" - because failure is NOT an option. I guess I am not cracking the whip on myself for the last days (until my 10 day diet) because I know I am going to make life changes forever. I already have my treadmill ready and have picked out a home gym that I am hoping Santa will bring me. I am in therapy for bone spurs on my right heel so that I can USE the treadmill come January. Anyone else feeling like they are on a slippery slope?

Hello , Anyone being banded by Dr Chris De Bruyne in Belguim on the 15Jan09? Just wondering if there is anyone else there for that date as I am going on my own and would be nice to hear from other people going that day : )

My bariatric co-ordinator called me on Monday to set up a surgery date and I was out doing errands. I called her back a few times and left messages - today her assistant called me to let me know the co-ordinator has the flu and will most likely not be back in this week!!!

Arrrrgh!

The good news, i guess, is that she called - right???

I'm hoping to be scheduled in Jan. but it might be in February if it keeps getting dealyed.

Con - Sorry to hear about your delay. Your better off knowing your body and liver can handle it but I know your bummed out. Hang in there and it will happen when the time is right.

Just Ice - I'm so excited and also nervous. I feel I'm about as educated as possible but there is such a big "unknown" factor to how my body will react to the band. I'm trying to be good with my food choices too. I have been practising with the small bites and lots of chewing but I have a feeling that until I'm in the situation I will not get the whole effect. I've noticed that I chew very little when I'm talking while eating - our family usually goes over the day while eating dinner. This may be one of my humps I have to get over. Not drinking while eating shouldn't be a problem for me - I forget to drink with dinner all the time anyway.

Good luck all and I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed for January!

Just-Ice that is my date too!! I think I am scheduled for 6:30a.m. Shouldn't be a problem for me since I get up at 5:30, but I am not sure my sister or Mom will be too excited when one of them has to take me. I have very similar feelings. I have started to really think about my chewing. I took a whole 15 mins to eat my lunch today as I read on this site. Normally, I think I would finish in about 5 mins. I ordered some Protein Shakes yesterday that should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!!

I get banded on jan 13 - a new year and a new me!:scared2:

Anul, thanks so much. None of us can give up. It's going to be hard but I know I can do it.

:thumbup: