Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January 2010 Bandsters????

Hey Krstjump03,

My BCBS only took a day too for approval and I was so surprised. It took the scheduler about 2 weeks to call me and set the appointments though. My Dr. consultation is on Dec 18th as well and then endoscopy on the 22nd. I have been through one before and they are not that bad. I still have to do my cardiologist and pulmonologist appts but those are easy too. Good luck with it all. I am NOT telling work because it is none of their business. I will tell them I had to get my appendix out or go in for minor surgery but that is it. I did at first tell a couple of people at work that I was considering it and it was mixed reviews, so that is when I decided not to say anything. The people I work with are on Jenny Craig so I feel like what the heck do they care anyway. Well good luck with it....maybe tell them you are going on vacation!

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to add the ticker to their profile. I see alot of people with them and I tried to add it but it is not working.

Thanks

Hi, I'm Bree. I expect to get a surgery date this week, some time around Christmas or early in Jan. I would love to have someone to go through the experience with. I am 48, 5 feet 8.5 inches tall and weigh 284 today. I will be getting the Realize band. I'd love to hear about you.

Bree

I'm hoping to be scheduled in January 2010.

I'm still wating on a surgery date. I have jumped through all the hoops and received BCBS approval - just waiting on my surgeon to call me and tell me when it will be.......... I should add, impatiently waiting :thumbup:

1.What is your current and goal weight? 280/175

2.What is your surgery date? Not sure yet

3.What is your age? 38

4.Where do you live? Michigan

5.Where are you having surgery? Grand Traverse Surgery

6.Who is your Doctor?? Dr. Nizzi

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance ($2400 of it is my cost)

8.What was your "deciding factor" for having this surgery?

My health - High blood pressure, knee pain, joint pain, not being able to do everything I want to.

Life is to short to sit on the sidelines.

Edited by Northern Mist

I am going in to set the date on the 18 of this month...and I am very fortunate that I do have my husbands support. He is going to all doc appointments with me so he can get the info first hand. Knowing that this is really gonna happen for me...and as excited as i am....I'm kinda nervous. But of all things....I am the most nervous about the 10 days of liquids before the surgery. Holy Moly....talk about a test. I know it is for a reason, but I am gonna need some serious support and I think that my poor husband may need to go into hiding those 10 days. I cant imagine the mood I could potentially be in...LOL! I am just thankful that I have this site and that if I am feeling anxious or have concerns, that I can just hop on here and let all of out....

What is your current and goal weight? 306/160

2.What is your surgery date? 1/21/2010

3.What is your age? 53

4.Where do you live? KCMO area

5.Where are you having surgery? Menorah Medical Center

6.Who is your Doctor?? Stephen Malley, MD

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance but only 50%, I have to pay up to my catastrophic limit of $3,000

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I can't keep up with my 80 year old mother! I really fear that if I don't do something about my weight, I will not live to enjoy retirement with my husband!

What do I want to do after I lose the weight? Do anything and not be short of breath, I long to take a walk or ride a bike and enjoy it instead of looking forward to resting.

Hey Dr Malley is banding me in January too! I'm self pay so I am having my surgery at New Hope, but it's nice to know someone on here that is using the same surgeon and have the same band month. I am so excited and yet pretty nervous at the same time. I had a moment today after my family had our yearly christmas picture taken. I thought this could be the last year I don't try to hide behind my kid. It was such a cool moment. I am so ready for this journey to begin.

I am probably looking at February. My psych, seminar, and referrals are done, but I can't get my first surgeon/nutrition appt till Jan 7th, THEN they submit for insurance approval although I have all of the info that my insurance requires into my clinic already. I have United Healthcare, and I meet the BMI, plus I have diabetes, hypertension, high triglycerides, and cholesterol. Although from learning here that I could be approved in 1 - 21 days, I could still get something in January, but I'm dubious.

I have about 100 lbs to lose (I'm at 229 on 5'3"). I'd love to read along at the very least and continue to be inspired by you all. Perhaps I'll be the one to start the Feb 2010 group.

Thanks to everyone for all of the info. This website has made my decision to be banded so much easier and taken a lot of the mystery out of it!

Hi January Bandsters

I have a surgery appt for Jan 15th. I was on such a high leaving the Dr office. But its been over two weeks and they have not yet gotten approval. Everytime I call they say its pending. Its getting me really down. I just want to know. If ins says no to coverage I pretty much cant get the surgery. I really cant afford to self pay for this.

Has everyone (or most of you) already gotten your ins approval? The surgical coordinator at my Dr. office said she is still waiting on December approvals.

There is no way I would start the liquid diet without knowing if its a go or not. How about all of you?

Good luck everyone keep in touch. I am having the surgery (hopefully) at NYU anyone else?

J:ohmy:

Hello JGF,

It took me 2 weeks to find out if I was approved and I have a opponent to see my doctor to schedule my surgery on Thursday.

I have my pre-op this Friday (12/11), they told me there should be no problem with a 1/7/10 surgery date.

I am lucky, I started the process 2 weeks ago.

Great to hear Baja Pete... I am so glad its moving along so fast for you. :thumbup::thumbup::sneaky:

AHHHHHH!!!!!! I just got the call for my sleep study, the last appointment before I can get scheduled!! What can I expect for this???

All new me 2010,

Thanks for the support, and I do need it. I think my daughter is worried about me not cooking for a while. And when I do it's not going to be the same. As far as friends right now I don't want to tell anyone because of what happened with the other friend.

As for my boyfriend who I have been dating on and off for 10 years (the last 3 have been on and off) first 7 were good. I am not telling him. I have decided not to date anyone right now. I have to take care of myself.

As my family daughter, mother, brother, Sister in law and neices. I am going to have to sit them down and explain why I am doing this.

Your boyfriend is afraid you might leave him.

Thanks

Joyce

I meet with my surgeon on Dec. 11 to get a surgery date --hoping for middle of January . . . however, my insurance approved it back in the summer with an approval expiraion date of Nov. 3 . .. well, I didn't have surgery prior to that date because of various reasons (not all tests were done and some preplanned travel during October) . . . anyhow the surgeon's admin person called today (although I had asked her in early November to get an extension date), to say that insurance needs more information from my primary physician to actually give me clearance for the surgery . . . They already approved it, so why the turnaround now with more infor needed . . . what do you think it up with this? Has this happend to any of you?

Now I'm afraid it won't be approved and my worry/anxiety level is off the chart . . . let me hear from somebody, please ~!! :thumbup:

What is your current and goal weight? 268/155

2.What is your surgery date? Hoping for mid January...spproval letter is in hand!

3.What is your age? 30...but tomorrow is my birthday!

4.Where do you live? Mobile area

5.Where are you having surgery? Providence

6.Who is your Doctor?? , Dr. Dyas

7.Insurance or self-pay? Insurance w/ 10% out of pocket

8.What was you "deciding factor" for having this surgery? I want to have babies! Have a healthy and positive pregnancy and just enjoy my husband and our lives together.

9.What do I want to do after I lose the weight? I want to run just because I can. I want to ride a mechanical bull and not be afraid I cant get on it. I want to climb a rock wall and not be afraid the harness wont fit. I want to ride a roller coaster and not be afraid that the safety bar wont shut. I want to go to the theater and be comfortable in the seats. I just want to live my life...