Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Dr. Daniel Huacuz-Tijuana?

:think :Bunny I have overweight ,diabetes,high cholesterol ,but i couldnt find the real solution to my problem i call to many doctor's offices but they only should lap band surgery, I know about this procedure but I, like one procedure that i don't need to spend more money every monht for fill, and works for long time for me.:) :Bunny

I have overweight ,diabetes,high cholesterol ,but i couldnt find the real solution to my problem i call to many doctor's offices but they only should lap band surgery, I know about this procedure but I, like one procedure that i don't need to spend more money every monht for fill, and works for long time for me.:D :Bunny

HELLO SOME BODY CAN HELP ME .....

lucartwlucy -- if you have a general question, you need to take it to another post, or start a new one. This one won't help you out with that. Hope this helps.

i just got back from mexico on oct 24, and was banded by dr haucuz, i have complete trust in him , he was great with me, i had to stay an extra day in the hospital from abd pain, i could sit up at a 90 degree angle but could not lay down, it was almost like a stabbing pain!!! dr haucuz gave me moriphine x one dose and i was able to lay down in the bed, he cradled me to the bed , i have never in my life had an american doc do this or seem to care sooo much { in the states he would have written a pain med order in the chart and ordered the nurse to help me and then give him a call later} I read some really neg and scary things about all docs in mexico, no one is perfect, I am only saying that i am glad haucuz did my surgery, and i would also like to mention that while at the hotel on sat he checked on everyone as a group in their rooms about 3x just in case we needed anything. yes he uses a clinic wich is different than what we are all use to but it is clean the instruments are sterile and in packages, he does not re-use the trochanter tool , as many would like to suggest, and I had an inamed band placed, dr haucuz and dr romero are very kind and very patient and so far everything is good for me, i did my homework and i am also an RN so i feel like i would have been more leary than most,the only neg thing is that it would have been great for more english speaking nurses, although they were also good , i should have learned more spanish prior to going was the only downfall

I'll be going November 3rd and I can't wait! My Spanish teacher has whipped me into shape so I can communicate with the night nurses, but he says he will be with me anyway, so why bother. LOL! I'm glad all went well for you and anticpate the same for myself!

you will be fine, now dont get scared at the facility initially i reassure you that it is clean just older, i mean the janitor must have mopped 5x per day, almost to the point i was like get out!!! the nurses have a low pt ratio wich was good compared to us nurses in the states, there was only 5 double rooms and 3 nurses and the rooms were not full so in a nurses eyes thats pretty good, oh the doc on 3rd shift speaks good english and is very caring. it is a good idea to have your friend with you i think your expierince will be good, oh something that i did remember is that there is no call bell it is on the wall out of reach but it never seemed a problem for me because i was in room 1 but it could be an issue if your friend isnt there: relax !!! is the only thing i would change, oh if this helps and remember everyone responds to surgery differently the girl that got banded 2 hours before me was walking stairs and all over the next day wich is pretty good it took me a whole more day to get to that point i am doing real good this morning and had a great night sleep last night, let me tell ya gasx,water, chicken broth, and that old faithful lounge chair are great items to have

AHAHAHAHA! If youi knew me, you would know that the LAST thing you would ever need to tell me to do is relax. I have been in countries where I knew a whole lot less of the launguage and did well. Must be my Air Force brat background.

My Spanish teacher/boyfriend and I have already been to the hospital, hotel and general area. I have even done some grocery shopping in the CaliMex grocery store across the street from the hotel. Oh yeah, I livei n San Diego, so Tijuana is not foreign to me at all.

I spoke with the doctor last night and I am TOOO excited! My boyfriend is going to bring me all the Clear Liquids I can handle this afternoon. I had to calm him down because he was talking case loads. LOL.

I was banded by Dr. Huacuz on Oct 21st and would recommend him to anyone. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Huacuz and his entire staff.

i just had my inmed band put in by dr. huacuz. he was excellent. no problems. doesnt hurt that he looks like antonio bandaras. he was charming and very attentive to my every need and concern. great service. nice hotel and hospital. all first class. i highly recommend dr. huacuz. he treated me right.

I was banded by the good Doctor Huacuz on November 3 and it was a VERY good experience! I absolutely LOVED the bedside manner! The caring that was shown was above and beyond my expectations. Kudos to him and his entire staff! You know I actually expected left shoulder pain and had NONE. Believe me, that was a good thing because getting rid of all that gas was no joke! ahahahahahaha!

I have made sure that all my follow up appointments will be with him and his team since I live here in San Diego. They have maintained contact with me through emails and phone calls to acertain my progress. I LOVE it!

I have just been so busy getting stuff done here at work that I have not had time to come in here and post. And by the way, yes, I am STILL excited! I can't believe I have already dropped a dress size.

ANDRES BETANCOURT IS NOT LOOKING OUT FOR ANYONE EXCEPT HIS BANK ACCOUNT AND HIS BOYFRIEND AS SOON AS YOUR CHECK CLEARS ITS YOUR BABY FROM THERE ON OUT. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. GOOD LUCK, P.S... HIS STAFF MONITORS ALL FORUMS AND SAYS GOOD THINGS TO TRUMP UP BUISINESS,,,,,,,,,,,,,BEWARE THIS IS NOT HERE SAY WE LIVED IT. AND LUCKY MY WIFE IS STILL ALIVE.

Talk to Andres with a problem..... What a joke. Don't call him from the US with a problem. If you do, he just tells you to jump up and down and if that doesn't help give it a few days. Well, the few days I gave it almost cost me my life. That's how Andres deals with a problem. He tells you to wait and then will not return your calls. This is not gossip.... this is what actually happened to me.

I am considering huaz, but i talked with someone at the clinic and they indicated that i would have to take my own stiches out, did you have to do this, and how was it. ]

I went to Dr. Huacuz on 8/30/05. I did not anticipate having to get my stitches removed, but yes, I did go to my local doctor and he removed them. I do not know why he doesn't use the ones that dissolve. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a doctor to do it, so I was considering doing it myself. I chickened out and called, they got me right in no problem. I also felt good seeing the doctor so he could check them and make sure everything was healing ok. Dr. Huacuz was absolutely wonderful, would recommend him to anyone! Good luck!

Missy

Banded 8/30/05

Dr. Huacuz - TJ Mexico