Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Dr. Daniel Huacuz-Tijuana?

Yes, My wife used this Doctor when he worked for Andres Betancourt at the moulding clinic approx. a year or so ago...It was a nightmare!

She was in a lot of Pain and stayed an extra 2 days we were abandoned in a hotel room..She could'nt drink anything she was throwing up etc. with a lot of chest pain..a male nurse showed up with the coordinator and gave her a shot without any help,Other than that The doctor was'nt calling the shots it seems they work for these clinics and the coordinators ..Not like in the Us. We had to pay $5500.00 extra dollars to remove the band she was severely dehidrated and her blood pressure was down ...she vomited in her lung during the surgery removing the band...I believe this doctor no longer works with the moulding clinic or betancourt medical.?..She is paying the extra few thousand dollars more $3,000.00 to be exact and having the band put back in in the United states...I would NEVER go back to this clinic again ...I paid twice the amount to have this horrible experience..I should have stayed in the Us. Go ANYWHERE BUT HERE! Johnny

Me and my best friend went to him in March of this year (2006) and our experience could not have been better. She has not had one fill and has lost over 50 pounds. I've had 2 fills and a reflux problem and have lost 50 pounds. When I had my reflux problem he told me exactly what to tell my doctor here to do form me and everything is great now!!! He phoned me back with in 3 hours of my email and has since kept intouch with me to make sure I'm doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your wife, I hope all is well now.

Yes, My wife used this Doctor when he worked for Andres Betancourt at the moulding clinic approx. a year or so ago...It was a nightmare!

. Go ANYWHERE BUT HERE! Johnny

I'm sorry your wife had a hard time, but Dr. Huacuz has been my doctor for over a year and he was not at the Molding Clinic that whole time. My surgery was performed in a nice little hospital. I was and have always been well taken care of and have done marvelously with the band. He has his own brand new surgical center and I will be popping across the border to see it this weekend. He and his staff are great and I would not trade them for anything.

Arealsweety

I would'nt go back to Dr. Huacuz or even get near the moulding clinic or andres Betancourt or his new medical center betancourt Medical ...my wife and I had a horrible experience with them dr. huacuz as of now 2006-2007 can not get an inamed band to save his life call 1800 and get the free number for inamed ASK them?

as for Andres Betancourt at Betancourt Medical he CAN NOT get any INamed bands either Call inamed they have no problem telling anyone who asks....HUMMMMMMMMM i wounder why they wont suppy these doctors or places with these us approved bands,,,This is a No brainer I am only trying to help ...Please rememer you can also check out how many bands these doctors really put in ...The true number of operations...I almost died there ,,,search you will find others like me...Please remember you get waht you pay for...and try getting the swiss band or a doctor in the us before you get the operation....

I so sorry... I received my band from Dr. Huacuz in March of 2006 and he sends me updates form his pratice all the time. I've lost 50 pounds and only have 30 pounds to go. I went for a band adjustment Tuesday of last week November 21 and my doctor here in Columbia said that I had the best placed port that he has seem. It was very easy to get to making my adjustmest almost pain free. Needle always hurt. Did your wife get a new band?

I would'nt go back to Dr. Huacuz or even get near the moulding clinic or andres Betancourt or his new medical center betancourt Medical ...my wife and I had a horrible experience with them dr. huacuz as of now 2006-2007 can not get an inamed band to save his life call 1800 and get the free number for inamed ASK them?

as for Andres Betancourt at Betancourt Medical he CAN NOT get any INamed bands either Call inamed they have no problem telling anyone who asks....HUMMMMMMMMM i wounder why they wont suppy these doctors or places with these us approved bands,,,This is a No brainer I am only trying to help ...Please rememer you can also check out how many bands these doctors really put in ...The true number of operations...I almost died there ,,,search you will find others like me...Please remember you get waht you pay for...and try getting the swiss band or a doctor in the us before you get the operation....

Again, I'm sorry you and your wife had a bad experience. Tell me of any American doctor who has not had something happen to his patient. Not everyone is perfect and not every operation is perfect. I know that my band is Inamed. I can't speak to any other. If someone gets a Swiss band how could they get filled by an American doctor? They aren't even FDA approved.

I so sorry... I received my band from Dr. Huacuz in March of 2006 and he sends me updates form his pratice all the time. I've lost 50 pounds and only have 30 pounds to go. I went for a band adjustment Tuesday of last week November 21 and my doctor here in Columbia said that I had the best placed port that he has seem. It was very easy to get to making my adjustmest almost pain free. Needle always hurt. Did your wife get a new band? Oh yeah he was not with mayo clinic when I received my band.

DON'T TRUST THEM! Please don't be another victim of Huacuz or Andres Betancourt or the moulding clinic ...andres owns both..its public record...

A Doctor Being Nice has Nothing to do with him being experienced or a Good Surgeon....I am happy you had a good experience but that s not the case for All of us...Just like you are trying to tell your story So am I...It was horrible...I almost died! Oh but that would have been Ok because he was NICE?

Please don't be another victim of Huacuz or Andres Betancourt Let others Share their experience Also...

What do you mean I opened the box saw the band and signed by my S/N I have a Patient Identification Card, exrays and have been for adjustments twice. Yes he was very nice put also very professional. Again I'm sorry for your experience

I was just wondering if anyone has had surgery by this Dr. and would be willing to give me information on him and his Clinic. His site says he is Cert. by INAMED, but I am making sure I am doing all my homework before I decide what Dr. to use. I know there are a lot of good ones in Mexico, so I am trying to decide, and any help would be appre:confused: ciated.

Thanks,

Shelley

I would recommend him hands down. I was just banded by him on 11/27/06. Great Dr. and great personality. Let me know if you need more. Will be writing a long testimonial soon. Just got back in tonight.

What do you mean I opened the box saw the band and signed by my S/N I have a Patient Identification Card, exrays and have been for adjustments twice. Yes he was very nice put also very professional. Again I'm sorry for your experience

I too saw the band, signed and have my Patient ID card. I have had fills with NO problem. I only have good things to say about Dr. Huacuz.

i think dr. huacuz is a very kind and caring surgeon. i had my band put in last november and i have lost 80lbs. dr.huacuz has his own surgery center . i went to him for another operation that was totally unrelated to my band. i went to him even though i have complete medical coverage here in the us. i went to him because i trust him and i knew he would get me in quickly and take good care of me. im not just a number or another case. dr.huacuz has the best medical staff . i feel so confident in him that i sent all my friends. so far all are very satisfied. i had such a great experience that i want people to feel safe and secure going to mexico for surgery. i can only say good things about dr.huacuz. i also think dr romero is the best nutritionist ive ever met. he gave me the best info on what to eat and how to eat. i dont always follow the RULES perfectly, but having the correct information on how to eat and take care of yourself after getting banded is essential to your success. dr.romero takes the time to go over everything with you and also is available to call and talk to after you get home. i can only say that im so lucky that i went to dr. huacuz. he is nice yes, but he is more importantly , genuine, caring and talented.