Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Dr. Daniel Huacuz-Tijuana?

Well, I have heard some rumors about Dr. Huacuz. I will tell you my experience. I had lapband with Dr. H in Oct 2007. Very easy experience. Good care. Lots of attention. I have lost 65 lbs. No problems. I have been to my Dr. here and to another Dr. in Houston for fills. they said very good job. Not sure why people are saying bad things about him. You need to talk to one of my best friends to has lost over 100 lbs with her band put in by him. That's how I found out about Dr. H. Email me and I will give you her name and email. She can tell you more.,

Vickie

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for your in-put. I love hearing from everyone about their journey. I am interested about the gastric sleeve, but YES, I would love to hear from your friend!!

WARM REGUARDS,

Cyndy (wannabefree)

You have got to be kidding. I wouldn't want him in the same building where I was getting surgery.

That's what I was going to say. He has a proven track record of incompetence, leaks, and death. He does way too many surgeries in a day. When he gets in over his head, instead of calling in someone more experienced, he goes in and makes things worse.

=Not sure why people are saying bad things about him.

Because he's killed people. And the fact that he can put in a band in some people and nothing bad happens doesn't make him a good surgeon.

I wouldn't let him operate on a dog.

A gal named Adrienne went to him for a sleeve and almost died. If she'd listened to him and stayed in the clinic, she would have. But she managed to escape and get to San Diego and was fixed. They had to put her in a coma for a while to do it though.

Has anyone had the gastric sleeve by DR. Huacuz???

Thanks

There is no way I'd let that man do surgery on me, not unless I had a death wish. I do know someone he almost killed doing her sleeve. She left his clinic and went to a San Diego emergency room where she was in ICU for three weeks undoing the damage he did to her. Then he offered her $3,000 to not post of her experiences at his clinic.

Suffice it to say, she declined the offer.

OUCH!!!!

I am doing reasearch on medical tourism, this Dr. came up.

I need to know, so I make the correct choice.

Thanks

Honestly, the right choice is NOT Huacuz! I'd rather my local butcher do my sleeve than Huacuz. He's nothing short of dangerous.

There are only two surgeons I would go to for a sleeve in MX and that is my doc, Aceves or Rumbaut in Monterrey. There is another but he is very expensive and won't let you leave the hospital until you pay for any complications you may have had. There is one on the other side of TX but he lies about his stats, claims he's done far more than he has, he has at least a 2% leak stat, and you couldn't get the truth out of he or his coordinator if you paid them for the truth.

Aceves or Rumbaut for a sleeve.

Well, I have heard some rumors about Dr. Huacuz. I will tell you my experience. I had lapband with Dr. H in Oct 2007. Very easy experience. Good care. Lots of attention. I have lost 65 lbs. No problems. I have been to my Dr. here and to another Dr. in Houston for fills. they said very good job. Not sure why people are saying bad things about him. You need to talk to one of my best friends to has lost over 100 lbs with her band put in by him. That's how I found out about Dr. H. Email me and I will give you her name and email. She can tell you more.,

Vickie

They are not rumors, they are facts. Huacuz and Betancourt have the two worst reps in Mexico. Huacuz latest victim (that I know of) was Marty, a DS patient that Huacuz almost killed. Then there was Adrienne, then there was a girl he gave an infection to... actually, there have been many of those. His leak stats for sleeves are poor, his infection stat is out of line, his re ops are the highest of any doctor I am aware of in MX.

He used to claim to be FACS until a little digging paid off, he's never been a fellow of the American College of Surgeons as he claimed. The FACS doesn't take kindly to people like Huacuz making such claims. Suffice it to say he will never be FACS now. He's a liar.

He claims to have never had a complication with any surgery, that's a flat out lie unless you don't consider infections, leaks, and deaths complications.

We used to catch him all the time posting here posing as patients. He's not smart enough to get away with it let alone operate on someone.

If you didn't have any complications you are lucky.

To everyone that has written to me with a good or bad comment, I THANK YOU!! Gosh, I didn't realize how important this site would be, but the information is so, well, informative...

Has anyone used the medical tourism route? I have been talking with MedToGo and MedJourneys...Any comments are welcome!!!

I will "hopefully" have everything in order before April of '09, as I would like to have surgery by May or June.

Thanks ALL!!!

wannabefree

To everyone that has written to me with a good or bad comment, I THANK YOU!! Gosh, I didn't realize how important this site would be, but the information is so, well, informative...

Has anyone used the medical tourism route? I have been talking with MedToGo and MedJourneys...Any comments are welcome!!!

I will "hopefully" have everything in order before April of '09, as I would like to have surgery by May or June.

Thanks ALL!!!

wannabefree

I wouldn't, it's usually more expensive and they simply aren't necessary. Just go to the doctor directly. Why mess with a middle man? I don't use a middle man for my medical care here in the US. I choose my own doctor, I don't want to be limited in MD choices because someone doesn't contract with enough doctors.

Besides, if anyone is suggesting you go to Huacuz, do you really trust them to lead you to a good doctor? Maybe they have good doctors, maybe they don't. But why would they even suggest you go to one of the worst in MX?

I did he was great, his staff was wonderful and they were all very friendly.

I went to get my first fill and they said they could not fill it. I called him in a hysteria. He said there was no way that it was put in wrong , he called me right back once I called. He told me not to worry If I could get back there he would fill it and if It had to be redone he would make sure I was taken care of!

I calmed down and went to a local surgeon to have it filled within a min. or two he filled it and also told me it was just fine.

I am now considering going back to get my Tummy Tuck this spring. I will testify to this my email is scalisisolano@yahoo.com

I did he was great, his staff was wonderful and they were all very friendly.

I went to get my first fill and they said they could not fill it. I called him in a hysteria. He said there was no way that it was put in wrong , he called me right back once I called. He told me not to worry If I could get back there he would fill it and if It had to be redone he would make sure I was taken care of!

I calmed down and went to a local surgeon to have it filled within a min. or two he filled it and also told me it was just fine.

I am now considering going back to get my Tummy Tuck this spring. I will testify to this my email is scalisisolano@yahoo.com

You do realize he is not a plastic surgeon but he does plastics anyway, right?