Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Dr. Daniel Huacuz-Tijuana?

I was banded by Huacuz on March 27th 2006 and had a great experience...very pleased with their before and after care. If you have any problems they get back to you right away. I have already lost 16 pounds YEAH. Don't know what I am going to do about fills since I live in Florida...

Lola..

Im so happy for you- YOU GO GIRL.. 10 pounds is TEN POUNDS honey so celebrate! :uwelcome: And take those before pictures, I know theyre painful to take now but you will be so amazed later and proud of yourself!

And its true Dr Huacuz is one of the best isnt he? Very inexpensive and easy on the eyes to boot ladies I tell ya what! lol..

Wishing you all the best of success!

Gitana

Gitanav@hotmail.com

Hi all, this is my first post. I have been dilligently reading thru numerous postings , websites, heated discussions about Huacuz, etc. in my research phase. I have been doing lots of research, but the piece that has been lacking is specific feedback about Dr. Ortiz from his patients on this site.

It is easy to read his testimonials on his site, but I would like to hear from y'all about him, his staff, his facility, and how YOU are doing now. I would like to know about follow up care and have you chose him or another physician. :confused:

Did you feel as though you received enough information prior to the surgery about his post-op requirements?

I have not scheduled my surgery yet. I am still goinging back and forth between US surgeons and Dr. Ortiz.< /p>

THanks for any insight

Hi all, this is my first post. I have been dilligently reading thru numerous postings , websites, heated discussions about Huacuz, etc. in my research phase. I have been doing lots of research, but the piece that has been lacking is specific feedback about Dr. Ortiz from his patients on this site.

It is easy to read his testimonials on his site, but I would like to hear from y'all about him, his staff, his facility, and how YOU are doing now. I would like to know about follow up care and have you chose him or another physician. :confused:

Did you feel as though you received enough information prior to the surgery about his post-op requirements?

I have not scheduled my surgery yet. I am still goinging back and forth between US surgeons and Dr. Ortiz.< /p>

THanks for any insight

I didn't have Dr. Ortiz, but from what I've read it sounds like his patients had good experiences with him. Good luck in your decision, it is a really hard one. There are so many doctors to choose from and it is hard to make that decision based on facts you are reading about on the internet, as opposed to meeting with them in person, going home and thinking about it, you know? It is a HUGE decision, good luck!!!

Missy

:party: :rolleyes: WHEN IS YOUR SURGERY...? ARE YOU EXCITED I WAS BANDED BY DR. HUACUZ ON FEB.23 ,2006 WISHING LOTS OF LUCK!!

I will be banded on april 24th with Dr. Huacuz.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I received my band with Dr Huacuz on March 10th and have my first fill tomorrow!! I lost 16 pounds but have gained 5 back, but no worries I'm sure the weight will drop off and stay gone after mt first fill!!! Dr Huacuz and his staff are the best. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

;) hey thats great you continue with the sucess.I've been struggling alittle but now after my 2nd fill I feel my weight loss really has begun.I'm @ 5 cc and feel really good about it. I guess like the doc says everyone is so different and we vary on fills.So let me know how you feel after your first fill ok...chau...

Well I’m back from what was going to be a great and happy appointment with my first fill and it turned out to be one of the worse experiences I have ever had. I had an appointment at 11:00 (the appointment was made by the office manager herself while on the phone disputing a charge they quoted me earlier. Their office quoted me 200.00 in an email for a fill which should have been 500.00, she did not know Mexico was a country she thought it was a state.) After I agreed to pay the 500.00 she told me to come on in and made me an appointment for today. I go into the office with a friend, hand the receptionist my paper work, insurance information, because she requested it and have a seat with my friend. Fifteen minutes past and the office manager came out and told me to step into her office. She proceeds in telling me that Dr. Givens has refused to see me because I have upset and scared their staff and because I did not bring my paper work back with me (evidently he never saw my paper work or x-rays the first time I took it into the office to even get an appointment). I told the office manager my paper work was right down the road I could go and get it she told me NO again and told me they would not see me now or ever. I was crying and was trying to figure out what in the hell was going on so I grab my pocket book and headed out the door, she told me I could not leave out the front, I told her I had a friend in the front and she could not tell me what to do. She then threaten to call security on me, I told her to go ahead, I work for a security department, she said I know where you work and I don’t think they would be please to see how you are representing them. I went back out and told my friend what was going on and she laughed because it was such a freaking joke. I asked for my paper work I had filled out she refused to give it to me because she said it was hospital property. Well after all this I’m still without a fill.

Can anyone recommend a fill doctor near SC that will take Mexico lap bandster???

No money was exchanged -- That makes me kinda think they were not going to see me at all anyway. She told me on the phone 2 weeks ago whe i asked her why was a fill 500 for out of counrty and 200 for out of state, she said because they price it that way to discourage out of counry patient from coming there.

I plan on having surgery with Dr. Huacuz Aug 29th. I am still having troubles deciding whether to have the lap band surgery or a sleeve gastrectomy. I was planning on the lap band but, started to wonder if I should have a surgery where I don't need to worry about having fills post operatively.

I worry about the port twisting and then having a problem in Canada. The gastrectomy means I odn't have to worry about fills or a port. I realize this is the lap band forum - I would appreciate hearing the reasons that made all of you choose this procedure.

Oh, my BMI is 35.

Dianna,

Do you live in Canada? Have you looked for any nearby fill doctors? It is very important that you arrange your after care before your surgery.

I chose AGB because 1st, it is adjustable; 2nd, I didn't want a malabsorptive surgery; 3rd, I didn't want any internal organs cut; 4th, I never have to worry about going back and trying something else to lose and keep the weight off. I have have very few fills but so far the ones I have had are working. Everyone is different (your mileage may vary).

Where did you hear about ports twisting? I have heard of rare cases where tubing twisted but not ports.

My BMI was 57.5 and I decided to have the band and boy am I GLAD! I'm down 80#. I went from a size 34 to some 22s in 9 months. I just have 80 more pounds to go.

The Vertical sleep gastrectomy is supposed to be very effective as a FIRST STAGE procedure for high BMI patients (BMI over 55). According to what I have been reading LIMITED results appear promising as a single stage procedure for low BMI patients (BMI 35-45). Also the procedure does involve stomach stapling so you may have leaks and other complications related to that.

I'm just happy to have the band. Yeah, it's a foreign object, but I'm not creeped out by it or anything. It's like having a pacemaker for my stomach. The only way I would have my band removed is if it was medically necessary or at my autopsy, preferably the latter.

This little bit of plastic and titanium is my friend. I am rediscovering LIFE, day by day! I can reach my feet. I can tie my shoes with the bow on top. I can walk into Macy's and such and buy clothes. I can sit in a booth in a reastaurant. My feet are back down to medium width. I can walk from the bedroom to the living room without coughing up a lung. I no longer sweat like I work in a sauna. I am no longer on high blood pressure meds. I now know how much I lied to myself pre-band when I said that I didn't eat that much. I no longer think about food all the time. I can actually walk the mall, shop till I drop and have taken up salsa dancing.

Good luck on what ever decision you make. If I could do it over again, I wouldnt' change a thing!

Lynette

Dr. Huacuz

11/3/05

I started out 207- 5'3" so my BMI was not that much either. I was band on March 10th 2006 and have lost 32 pounds-- the weight is coming off slowly for me but I do see results and I would not change a thing. I've only had 2 fills and my best friend that went with me has not had a fill yet!!! She has lost right at 40 pounds. I would not change a thing. I do not lose weight every week but then the scales will go down 3 or 4 pounds in one week. It by be 3 or 4 more weeks before I lose again but I do lose!!! Its nice to be able to go out and not feel like everyone is smaller than you, and you dont belong because you are over weight. I feel like I fit in more now and I'm not so judgemental about myself anylonger.

What keeps me going is 32 pounds in 23 weeks== That's results, I never had before.

Mindy

Dr. Haucuz 3/10/06

-32 pounds

2 fills