Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Dr. Daniel Huacuz-Tijuana?

Dr. Huacuz has his own clinic and it seems to me that all these problems seem to involve this Andre guy. Gee, who do you think was making those decisions not to give the Inamed band, could it be that Dr. Huacuz was doing what Andre set up??? I have no idea, but maybe it is for those reasons that the good Doctor is not with Molding anymore, ya think?? I was very pleased with Dr. Huacuz at his own surgical center and was given the Inamed band, even took pictures with it. I was given the serial number and card from the band before I paid him. Interesting that all these problems were at a clinic he is no longer a part of.

Happy patient,

Missy

banded 8/30/05

Dr. Huacuz - TJ Mexico (Huacuz Surgical Center, not Molding Clinic)

Not to say that Dr. Huacuz is totally responsible for all the miscommuniction, but I called Dr. Huacuz with my band problems 4 days after surgery and he would not talk to me. He stated that I had to speak with the patient coordinator, Andres. I even had my Dr. from the US call him so she could get the additional information she needed and he would not discuss anything with her. I would like to give Dr. Haucuz the benefit of the doubt, but I just can't. He got his money and did not follow up when I needed him the most.

Dr. Huacuz has his own clinic and it seems to me that all these problems seem to involve this Andre guy. Gee, who do you think was making those decisions not to give the Inamed band, could it be that Dr. Huacuz was doing what Andre set up???

I would have to say that 75% of the blame would have to go to the Molding clinic and Andres Betancourt. However, if I am associated with a facility it would be in my best interests to insure that I have the proper bands to place. There was a two day window between when I was originally scheduled to have my surgery and when it actually happened. A well connected physician should have been able to secure a back up band in that time frame. According to the literature I received with my band it states that a back up band should always be on hand in case the original is damaged during the surgical procedure. I also would follow up with my patients after surgery in some form or fashion. I was wisked out and never spoken to again. No follow-up whatsoever, no diet to follow, no mention that the stitches that were placed needed to be removed-nothing. I called and e-mailed on several occasions and got zero response from anyone. Whether it is his own personal clinic or if he is performing his services through another facility he still should have a certain level of involvement after the surgery.

You may know how to shooo them away in Spanish or to get your boyfriend to get someone else to help but when I was there the sick nurse was the only person in the building except for another patient. Hopefully the hospital will have additional staff. It was quite the uneasy feeling to not have "an option" when it came to my attending nurse.

I always wish everyone the best of luck. I was very happy with my decision too, before hand.

I am thankful that this type of message board exists so everyone can make informed decision.

LeeLee, I was told along time ago the Dr. Haucuz was not able to use the Inamed band because of some problems. If all he could get was J&J, did it not set off some bells in your head?

I think Andres has handled the problems down there very well. This is why there is no Molding Clinic. To many mistakes being made by the Doctor. I was banded in April by Dr. Haucuz, and I have lost 113 pounds with no problems. I would not let the Doctor touch me again after all the problems I have heard and read about. Andres has no control over which bands are used, since he is not the doctor applying them. I believe he was doing the job he was hired for, whatever band the Doctor uses. He has since opened his own clinic and takes very good care of the patients, and their families. Andres has been banded himself, and I think he is just as mad at the past problems as we are. If you have a problem with him, why don't you talk to him. As for your records, they are the property of Dr. Haucuz, not Andres.

Talk to Andres with a problem..... What a joke. Don't call him from the US with a problem. If you do, he just tells you to jump up and down and if that doesn't help give it a few days. Well, the few days I gave it almost cost me my life. That's how Andres deals with a problem. He tells you to wait and then will not return your calls. This is not gossip.... this is what actually happened to me.

Shirley, you must have been misinformed because I can assure you that I do have an Inamed band and Dr. Huacuz was the surgeon who put it in me. I have no bad things to say about him at all, he was great! He came to my room and spent over an hour talking to me, explaining everything, asking me over and over if I have any questions. Then he came in shortly before my surgery and brought me my band, showed me everything as it was sealed up, we took pictures, he gave me the serial number card and the little booklet thing. The next day he personally took me to do the barium swallow, sat next to me (and my mom) in the waiting room talking and explaining things, brought my mom in a special room to see the screen as I was swallowing and I was able to see it on another screen while he was explaining what things were. Then he personally took us to our hotel room and brought a ton of juice and Jello. He then came back a couple of hours later to our room to check on me and he brought me my operative report, gave me his home phone and cell phone in case we needed anything. His driver picked us up the next day and took us to San Diego. I couldn't have been happier with him as a caring and skilled doctor. It is extremely unfortunate what has happened to others at the Molding Clinic, but I am more suspicious of this Andre person since he ultimately was the one people would deal with and schedule with leading up to their surgery. I read in an earlier post that business men, like himself, rather than the physicians, own these clinics there and make the decisions, and I know what it is like when business people make decisions, they are only thinking about the bottom line, $$$. Anyway, I feel the need to defend Dr. Huacuz because I would have missed out on a great man and surgeon had I read all this stuff BEFORE I scheduled my surgery. It is hard for me to believe that he could be so different at another clinic, which leads me to believe there were underlying issues within the organization and possibly other people making the health care decisions. Of course I really have no idea what went on there, I am totally making assumptions. So anyway, I'm so sorry others had terrible experiences with him but there have been others that have had wonderful experiences with him and those stories need to be told also. Thanks for listening!

Happy patient of Dr. Huacuz at Huacuz Surgical Center

Missy

North Dakota

banded 8/30/05

so far 23 lbs gone!! YEAH!

Even though I have my differences with Andres Betancourt, Huacuz was the surgeon who misplaced the band during my surgery. It appears that this happened to Shannon also and she too had to have her band removed. As far as Missy having the barium swallow AFTER surgery, I think this is a new thing he is doing. I had the barium swallow 3 days post-op, but apparently Huacuz misinterpreted the x-rays or he would have seen that I had a total obstruction. I was very happy with my descision to use Huacuz also, before the surgery. Maybe Huacuz needs a refresher course in the proper placement of the band. If the band was misplaced on me and on Shannon, you can bet there are more.

Hi Missy,

Dr. Haucuz did my surgery also, with no problems. Andres has followed me since April, and I have been back 3 times for fills. He has never misrepresented himself to me in anyway. I think Fran has said it all, he (DR.Haucuz) messed up big time and tried to cover it up at her expense, Healthwise and financially. I also agree he is a nice person, but I think greed played a big part in this. The more surgeries he could do in a day the more money he makes. When that happens, mistakes are made. My band is place ok, and I have had no problems. I think I said I and now at a weight loss of 116 pounds since April of this year. Andres has helped me by being there and supporting me along the way. I have followed their program to the line, with a few chocolate chip Cookies thrown in. I think we all have to take into account that we are all human and mistakes are made. But it seems to me that the bashing that goes on and is fueled by all of us need to quit. I think reading about personal experiences is great and uplifting and also lets us make a sound decision for our selves. This is a great journey, the lap band, and I am so glad I had it placed. I am past all the doctor crap, just because it only matters to me who I see. I only wanted to let people know what I had found out in the beginning so that they could make a well informed decision on their own surgery. This is still me feelings. We all have people we like and dislike, but I think we need to move on and enjoy what is ahead for us, and that is the freedom from fat. I love all of you who have had or are trying to make this move. This is not an easy step to take, and althought it is removable, it is permanent for me. If anyone says we have taken the easy way out, then I will fight with everything I have. As for the Doctors, they are a dime a dozen down there, and research is the only answer for yourself protection. If you choose not to research, then you cannot blame anyone but yourself. I can say I am proud to be banded, and I am proud of the work I have done. The credit goes to Andres and I. Thanks for listening.

:think :Bunny I have overweight ,diabetes,high cholesterol ,but i couldnt find the real solution to my problem i call to many doctor's offices but they only should lap band surgery, I know about this procedure but I, like one procedure that i don't need to spend more money every monht for fill, and works for long time for me.:P :Bunny

A very reliable source (Mexican medical associate) warned me to stay far away from the Moulding Clinic. I personally don't consider it gossip considering the source.

Does this surgeon work out of that facility?

I agree DeLarla,

I don't even think it is up and running now. I was told Dr.Haucuz is working out of a little hospital now. By the way I love your picture, you are so pretty!!