Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one use Dr. Daniel Huacuz-Tijuana?

Are you saying that Dr. Huacuz is not able to do the Inamed band anymore? WHAT? I am scheduled for surgery with him on August 30! Now I am scared because they said I would be getting the Inamed band.

Missy,

Just wondering how your feeling about Dr. Huacuz. I am also from ND (Bismarck) and thought about using him for my surgeon. I am still researching.

Cindyh

I am still going to go through with the surgery with Dr. Huacuz. While I truly do appreciate all the information given, I have decided to stick with him. Wish me luck!! Let me know who you decide! Nice to see another North Dakotan!

Best of luck to you Missy!! When is your surgery scheduled? I would like to use Dr. Huacuz and actually made up my mind to do so, but the negative info has me stalling out on this decision and keeps me searching. I want to have a surgery scheduled by the end of Oct but the search is time consuming and confusing. I also have a limited budget as a self pay, so it narrows my search with some of the prospective docs in Mexico. I hope your experience in Mexico is all that you hope and more!!

I wish you skinny days for the rest of your life!!!

Cindyh

Missy,

Check to make sure is is back, I was told he went on vacation and won't be back until after the first of Sept. We all wish you luck and gods speed.

Gina,

I thought you knew Fran? and had surgery the same night? I think its strange that you reccomend calling Inamed. I called and was told not to use him, to many complaints were going on. Again, he was a good surgeon, but maybe in a hurry to make the bigger buck. I know he is a good looking man, and that has triggered some patients to use him but I am due for a Tummy Tuck, and no way will I use him while he is under investagation.

Hi everyone!!

While I appreciate everyones comments on competent & not so competent docs in Mexico, I was informed that 'beware' of people on the talk forums who promote certain ones for free refills or some type of reward from that particular surgeon or facility. If this is fact, it makes it hard to weed out this type of information if this is true. It also presents more difficulty in making a decision regarding surgeons in Mexico. Thank you Fran for sharing your experience. I wish more people like yourself would share with some of us that are searching to make wise decisions regarding our lives/health. I also understand that complications can occur with anyone or any surgeon. I personally would like to know, besides Fran's misfortune with Dr. Huacuz any other so-called complications with his surgeries since there are supposed to be 'several' complaints. Is there anyone out there willing to share? I spoke to Don Mills also. He has been very helpful. But, is there a chance that Don works to promote american surgeons? I dont know. I would like to hear from others or even the surgeons if they view the talk forums.

Suspicious in ND,

Cindyh

Guest UroDoc

Good Afternoon All,

I am a medically trained physician and have been following this conversation closely and have decided against my better judgment to post this one and only message for information’s sake and should be considered as such. Names will not be mentioned for ethical reasons.

Recently a colleague and I decided to have the lapband procedure done in Mexico. I decided to go with a particular surgeon in a smaller clinic and because of scheduling conflicts my friend decided to have his procedure done with a different surgeon with a different band (Johnson & Johnson). Our surgeries went well and we both recovered without incident.

During a follow up trip, and after learning that I too had been operated on although by a different surgeon, the physician whom operated on my friend approached me with a rather interesting prospect. If I would consent to filing a public complaint against my doctor stating that there was a problem with my band, the port and or the placement that he would gladly compensate me financially. Needless to say we decided to discontinue seeking service with this particular physician and my own doctor now adjusts my colleague. This incident was never brought up again until now.

As physicians we are obligated to keep our patients best interest in mind at all times, to never put financial gain ahead of a patient’s safety. The thought that a patient could be operated on merely to damage the reputation of another doctor is appalling, yet it’s become painfully evident that it happens all too frequently.

UroDoc.

Thank you UroDoc. Don't ever regret posting this. I don't suppose you would PM me the name of the doc who propositioned you? Worth a try. Thanks for speaking up and remaining professional.

Dear UroDoc,

Thank you for caring enough to give us some insight regarding political dynamics that unfortunatley occur in the Doc world. In our world, we could never know important information as such. I appreciate that you are respectful and caring enough to take the time to be concerned enough to comment. Do not regret your involvement, as it is proof that you are the kind of doctor that people like myself are searching for to entrust our lives, health and welfare with. I too, would want to know the name of the physician that would be capable of this. I can only assume that is the Doc in controversy.

With all my respect & gratefulness,

Cindyh

My 2 cents.... I have the J and J band... my Dr. prefered it to the Inamed band...he is a great Dr. .... On the other side I wish I had the inamed band for one reason and one only...I want to go to Dr. Billy in Ventura for follow up and cant because of the band I have. not leagal in the us yet!

Ok.. heres a little tidbit I had forgot to add in my long drawn out posts.. lol

When I initially started researching for my lapband, and had contacted Andres Betancourt at Molding Clinic I was told another doctor, Im trying to think of his name... would be the operating surgeon. About a month later Dr Huacuz was thrown in to the mix. I was told that because of differences, personality or otherwise that the other doctor wasnt operating anymore at the clinic.

I thought this was interesting at the time but opted to go with Dr Huacuz anyhow because of his experience, credentials, etc. My point I guess is that apparently this isnt the first time that "professional or personality differences" have occured where a doctor has decided to stop operating with Andres acting as coordinator.

Anyhow, just food for thought I suppose. And to anyone interested, I dont recieve free fills, or any other type of free services for my testimonies or opinions. Dr Huacuz does offer a discount on any related services after youve had initial surgery with him. But most do, Im still a ways away from thinking about cosmetic surgery but will I use him when the time comes? For sure..

Oh and to the comment made that some people have decided to go with Dr Huacuz because he is attractive I would say thats the most idiotic reason to chose any particular doctor, true he is attractive and he is cheap but Im not familiar with anyone chosing him for that particular reason. Are you kidding me here? Wow..

Brad Pitts a hunk but I wouldnt trust him with my life. We're all a bit smarter than that- I would hope! lol

-45 pounds and going strong..

Gitana

Just an observation.......the Molding Clinic does not show Andres Betancourt as patient coordinator any more. Also I haven't been able to access anything for Betancourt Medical either. So what happened to Andres?

Sorry I didn't respond to this any sooner....I am a very busy person....

I most certainly had surgery same day as Fran.... what's your point??? Why do you care? Or challenge me? Diane, Cheryl, her & I....Who cares????? I talked to her days after her surgery, (corrective), who cares?????? I called her...I have her phone number, who cares??????....I kept track of her through one of the other women who went down for the surgery....so what???!!!! Shirley, what's your issue and why are you compelled to prove some point?

I happen to ALSO know that Fran is getting a band for free from Dr. Ortiz in September...organized by Dr. Ortiz's close associate and patient, Dr. Grossberg, her doctor here in the US. In case you didn't know, Dr. Huacuz is a competitor of Dr. Ortiz. Perhaps Dr. Ortiz's book should be read....he writes about puncturing stomachs, and esophagaus', complications from the Lap Band surgery and how that happens and how that is not indicative of a substandard doctor...it just happens sometimes. Let's EDUCATE ourselves.

Sorry Fran, didn't know if you already told the group about your arrangement with Dr. Ortiz.

Gina

Gina- I'm glad that you know about the arrangement with Dr. Ortiz. I sure don't. I have never spoken with the man. I have spoken with Dr. Grossbard about getting a new band and Dr. Ortiz was one of the options. NO ONE has promised me a FREE anything.I don't remember you from Tijuana. I had surgery the night of July 4. A lady by the name of Michelle Groves had surgery the same night as me and Cheryl the next day. I have spoken with Cheryl since the surgeries. I had a voice mail from someone named Gina, who said that I didn't know her, but she had heard about what happened to me. I never called back because I didn't want to discuss it.I spoke out on this board because this was my experience. I decided to use Dr. Huacuz because of all the wonderfull experiences people like you had with him. I was hoping for the same experience.For whatever reason my band was malpositioned by Huacuz and had to come out. I'm not saying that Huacuz is bad or any other surgeon is better. This is just what happened to me. People rely on this board for the descisions that they make for the doctor's that they choose. If the only postings on the board are positive, how does one make the desicion? Please don't make assumptions about me or what my band plans are for the future. The 2 surgeries that I had have emptied by bank account. There is no way that I can afford to get another band. Oh by the way, Dr. Huacuz did offer to redo the surgery for me, but I declined.