Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Carmen are you going to the Lap band group in Sacramento on the 16th? The one at Sutter?? IF so I will be there and I think Pam will be there as well..........:-)

I am 18 months out and glad I got the band. I have had my ups and downs but I am down 60 pounds and I know that when they loosened my band I gained........so I know I need my band. I need to lose another 40 at least maybe a bit more. I like that my band reminds me to stop eating........I still would have have bariatric surgery if I could go back I needed the kick start it gave me.

We have alot of band people that have lost 50+ pounds.......some even 100+

I heard that bandsters take about 2-3 years to lose all their weight. But I think it stays off cause by than you have the rules down.................if not than the band wasn't gonna work for you anyway.

Welcome!!

Carmen the first month was really hard for me........my swelling didn't totally go down until the 8th week. My port hurt for a bit longer than that. But I am so used to the band and port now.......fills are a breeze......

I had the terrible gas in my shoulder and under my ribs but it went away. Walk, walk, walk.........it goes away.

The head hunger was a killer still is some days. The food commercials I hated.........I was mad at myself some days that I got to a point where I needed a band becuase I was in pain for the first month. I think that is part of the process.......

I was wiped out tired for month and worn out. I slept alot the first month.......about 8 weeks I got back to normal again.

I lost 12 pounds the month after surgery. Than I lost in bunches 5-6 pounds, stall, 5-6 pounds..........same now. It goes in waves.

Will look forward to meeting you.

Thank you so much for the information you shared, I have been sleeping a lot since my surgery I didn't really know why, I thought that I was getting lazy. I am not a lazy person so I was getting worried that I could not get a handle on myself and get to working out already, I used to go to the gym 3-4 times a week but never made much progress with the weight loss. Hopefully this sleeping thing is just part of the recovery process as you mentioned that you slept some too the first month.

I can't tell you and everyone else who posts stuff on this site how much help you all are too me, before the surgery I didn't think I needed the support groups but now I know that they will help me immensly to stay positive about all of these changes.

I thought my shoulder pain would never go away and got a little depressed about it thinking that I would have it forever, but it did finally go away.

oh and yes I am going to the meeting at Sutter on the 16th I look forward to meeting all of you, it will be my first meeting ever. The only things I have attended were the nutrition classes with Robin.

See you on the 16th and thanks again for your words of wisdom!! It gives me hope that I will feel 99% sure some day that I made the right decision.

Hey all, happy Monday!

Just on for a sec to say hey - this sort of thing @ work gets me in trouble nowadays. Have been doing the Kaiser Bodywatch trial for almost 3 weeks now and have lost less than 5 lbs despite a heavy amount of daily excercise and tracking EVERYTHING I eat. It's SO SLOW . . . . maybe I need to go in for a fill again, it has been 10 months since my last one . . . but I have gained, not lost in that time and I think I need to at least be back down to where I was @ my last fill or he won't do it. Head hunger, darn it!! And being in love :)

Slowly moving furniture to Chris's now, stay there about half the time. Still have not gotten my grown boys out of my condo! Do not know WHAT my mortgage payment is going to go up to in January, so still don't know if I should be paying it so I can keep it or letting it go so I have $ to pay the other bills that are WAY overdue. One thing about the band: I can't stress eat! Even watching a ball game where I'm all excited (go Giants!!!) the food won't go down, so it's all good even when I'm stressed about the house, at least I can't eat my way through it!

Pay hunny so sorry to hear that news - I sent you a PM!

Tina, Reggie, Pammist, Candra, all my girls, when r we walking in Vallejo??

OMG!! where is everybody? Do I need to find new friends? :laugh:

Im hanging, I have lots of restriction since my last fill. Just need to know when to say when...and stop PB'n. It's hard though. other than that I feel great, doing Zumba twice a week and boot camp on saturdays.

hope to hear from you soon....I need the support.

smooches

Hi Jes,

I'm here! I've been off in New Orleans celebrating my 60th Birthday. Can you say "good food" ? My son met me there for 4 days to Celebrate. We went to Jazz clubs, walked the streets of several neighborhoods and ate great food. It was a wonderful way to welcome in the next decade of my life.

I'm still doing my best to follow my eating plan and exercising 90 minutes a day which is what it takes for me to lose weight. I'm really learning about what a commitment to better health really means. Surgery is definitely not the easy way out. I go to the Kaiser support group meetings, have a WLS mini support group that I walk the lake with and have added Weight Watchers for the additional accountability. I want all the insurance in the bank that I can muster to not be one of the 1 in 3 that gains their weight back.

Does anyone go to the Sonoma Support Group? Can I get information on where it is, time etc? I heard through the grapevine that Dr. Baggs is the November speaker.

I hope everyone is doing ok. While I generally just post at OH and VST, I do peek in to see what all of you are up to around here. :smile2:

All is well here too. Just not much to say...lol I remembered yesterday that I never did have a 3 month check up; they called and scheduled a phone appt but Robin never called...oh well, I am doing great so its all good I just don't want them to think I was the flake...

I am still losing weight and am at 93 pounds lost since end of January. I am trying to bump up my walking to get 7 more pounds done by 10/26...that would put me at 100 in 9 months! I am so happy that I started this journey and am thankful to everyone of you as you have each had a part in this.

I am doing another 5k walk this Sunday in Downtown Sac; It's a fun way to get more walking in. Its a breast cancer walk with Am cancer society, you can sign up that day if anyone else is interested.

I'm just sayin' people!!!! Joel is speaking to US this morning!!!

Speak Faith into Your Future

Posted by Joel Osteen on October 11th, 2010

A couple of years ago after service, I talked to gentleman who had lost 150 pounds. He looked fantastic and was beaming with joy! He seemed like a different person. I asked him how he did it, and he explained that when he was growing up he had a very defeated mindset. For years he would go around saying, "I'll never lose this weight. Everybody in my family is overweight. I'm not disciplined. I'm not focused. I just don't have what it takes."

Those negative words created the wrong image on the inside of him. He saw himself as a failure. One day, he heard me talking about speaking victory over your life, and he took it to heart. Every morning and all through the day, he would declare, "I weigh what I should weigh. I'm thin. I'm healthy. I'm disciplined. I'm focused. I have what it takes." When he first started saying those things, none of it was true. But he understood that he was establishing his life with his words. He was prophesying his future. He was sending his words out in the direction he wanted his life to go. No, it didn't happen overnight, but little by little he became exactly what he had been declaring.

My question today is, "Are you sending your words out in the direction you want your life to go? Are you speaking defeat or victory into your future?" Remember, your life is moving toward whatever you are constantly saying. When you speak words of faith and victory into your future, that's what will be waiting for you when you arrive!

"It is written: 'I believed; therefore I have spoken.' With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak" (2 Corinthians 4:13, NIV).

Thanks Riley, those words are right on!!!

Someone from Kaiser is checking this board becuase I got an email today with an appointment for a check in....pretty funny!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Great Job Ali!

Don't worry Jes! We are all still here lol! I know that I have been supper swamped between my home day care and my school. But every now and then I check in to see what you all are up to!

Hey Tina, glad you are doing well!

Carmen this is a great group they will give you lots of support.

Mo, where are you lady! Call me to check in girl :smile2:

I am so happy with my results so far. My stalls are no longer then a 2 weeks at a time, I have only saggy skin on my belly and mostly from being prego's with my two boys lol! I can only eat a cup of food at most times. I do get off track sometimes but I know that it is a mental thing lol. I have only 25-30 lbs left to lose to get to my goal weight. I have lots more energy these days which is great for all my kiddos I have (8 daily!) So for now that is my exercise. I'm gonna join the gym next month and I will be able to bring some of the kids with me to it so that will be a good thing! I hope the rest of you are doing well too!

Hey 'erbody!!! All is well here. I am losing again... I was stuck for a while at 197, 196, 195... Then 191, 192.... Now I'm hovering around 185, 184 and working towards the 170's by the end of October. I have reset my goal weight to 170... I have 15lbs to go!!!! I feel great. Although I still struggle and want to eat a cow!!! It's just that I can't... I need to follow the rules and eat just enough...not to the point where it hurts.....

We do need to schedule a meet and greet!!!! Soon!!!

TTYL

Ali that is funny. THey were suppose to call me to set up my November appointment but I never got a call back.....lets see if I do now!! LOL.

I was told they read the board every single day. The girls at the reception office not sure who else but I would guess Robin and Liz as well. Maybe even the docs. But yes we have made a name for ourselves over here.

I am busy too, but I come over and check in a couple times a week. I am taking a cognitive therapy group (ok yes for teens) with my daughter and learning so much. ALso taking a parenting teens class which has been really great. THey combine the parenting with the learning the cognitive stuff so we can "be one step ahead" of our teens.

sleep, exercise and a non stress life are essential for health, losing weight and avoiding anxiety and depression. Serotonin can only be rebuilt if we get 8-9 hours sleep a night, and exercise can build it up a bit more too. Than if you have stress and anxiety the cortisone can totally rob it all your seratonin and deplete it even if you sleep and exercise. enough..........So I would have to guess I am seratonin deficent due to stress!! I don't think I am going to lose well and consistently until I figure out how to deal with stress.

And seratonin is a must for positive thinking and mood regulation.

So much information...............to bad it is only a six week class!! Gonna sign up for another class of some sort after the holidays!! My daughter has to take anger managment in January and that puts into another parenting group.

But I want to pick a group for me too. SOmething like stress management ...........I want more info on all this serotonin research it fascinates me.

Anyone intersted should check out Dr. Daniel Amen who has all the latest research on this stuff.

I guess I have been busy and distracted lately!! :-)

Edited by swrktp

Hi Lady - Happy belated birthday!

The Sonoma County Weight Loss group meets the 2nd Saturday of each month at 10 am to 12 noon at the Wells Fargo Center in Santa Rosa. Yes, Dr. Baggs is going to be the speaker for the November 13th meeting. It is a good group. Every other month is a speaker and the non-speaker months are check in meetings where members can talk about their weight loss journey. Dr. Woodbury, a baratric surgeon, usually attends the end of the check in meetings and will answer any general questions.

Would love to see you at that meeting - maybe we could do lunch after and walk.

Hi Jes,

I'm here! I've been off in New Orleans celebrating my 60th Birthday. Can you say "good food" ? My son met me there for 4 days to Celebrate. We went to Jazz clubs, walked the streets of several neighborhoods and ate great food. It was a wonderful way to welcome in the next decade of my life.

I'm still doing my best to follow my eating plan and exercising 90 minutes a day which is what it takes for me to lose weight. I'm really learning about what a commitment to better health really means. Surgery is definitely not the easy way out. I go to the Kaiser support group meetings, have a WLS mini support group that I walk the lake with and have added Weight Watchers for the additional accountability. I want all the insurance in the bank that I can muster to not be one of the 1 in 3 that gains their weight back.

Does anyone go to the Sonoma Support Group? Can I get information on where it is, time etc? I heard through the grapevine that Dr. Baggs is the November speaker.

I hope everyone is doing ok. While I generally just post at OH and VST, I do peek in to see what all of you are up to around here. :)

OMG!! where is everybody? Do I need to find new friends? :)

Im hanging, I have lots of restriction since my last fill. Just need to know when to say when...and stop PB'n. It's hard though. other than that I feel great, doing Zumba twice a week and boot camp on saturdays.

hope to hear from you soon....I need the support.

smooches

Hey Jes,

I miss you. I just got a fill on 10/6 and am 7 ccs. It is my sweet spot - I can't believe how much difference the 1/2 cc had made! I am actually full when I eat what the binder says I should eat - finally! I finally broke my 190"s plateau that I have been in for 5 months! I weighed in at 189.6 yesterday. I am so excited.

Would love to try to get together for a marina walk before the rains come.

So glad you are doing well. You have always been great at exercise. I need to get back on my exercise - I hurt my knee 3 weeks ago and have been laying low but it is feeling better so I need to reengage.

Hugs

Hi All!

I wanted to jump in really quick to tell you, I finally got a surgery date! I will be getting the sleeve on Nov. 29. I go back to Dr. Le on the 23rd and then meet with the anesthesiologist. That afternoon, I am going to the pre-op class. The one caveat to the date is, I have to continue to lose before the 23rd, or he will cancel the surgery. So I am looking for anyway to keep myself more motivated!

When is the next support group in Sacramento? I really like that one.