Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather I miss you whats up?? We haven't talked forever..........:-(

Tamra: 70 is really good and I think it is important to count the pre op weight too. I know Dr. Baggs does :-) I am down 30 something from surgery but 60 totally and I often forget to count the pre op :-) I needed to lose 100 so I am more than halfway there........I like counting pre op too we all worked hard for that as well.

PAT: You came and went. How are you?

JESS/MONIQUE/REGGIE/ DONNA/CHRISTINE/NICOLE/PAM........who am I missing where is everyone??

But than again where I have been as well!! I Haven't been on for a long, long time either............

Tina,

Thanks for the shout out. I am here, just coming to terms with being unemployeed. Have some good optomistic days and some down days.

I have a question for you. I know that you have dealt with GERD - but I think you had it before surgery. I have noticed that I get a sore throat off and on - with no other symptons of flu. It seems like after I have overeaten and/or PB'd. It will usually last for a few days. I tried to research it - esphoagitis is listed as a complication from band surgery. All I can find on it is a reference to GERD which sounds much more like pain/heart burn. Nothing I have found mentions sore throat. Any thoughts?

Hi Pat,

It's great to see you on here! I am talking some bay folks into coming to the Sonoma meeting. I'll have to see if their schedules leave room for lunch and walk and if so, YES, let's do it! I really look forward to seeing you.

Congratulations on breaking your stall! I seem to stall all the time as well and just have to wait it out. Even 90 minutes of exercise 7 days a week doesn't seem to make a difference. :)

Pat!!!

I have missed you SO MUCH!! Don't worry you will be fine!! Best advice I can give you is live on severence for as long as you can, and THEN collect unemployment. When Longs was purchased by CVS all of my co-workers and friends did it that way, so they had enough money to live. Don't let it get you down, I have been out of work a year this Oct, and still made things happen and so can you!! =) Think of this as a way to workout more :) hehe!

Hello everyone else, and welcome new comers!

Tamra, triplet sista! Thank you so much. I miss you too. Let's get together. Your new avatar picture looks great. We are sooo sisters - can't believe we are now both at 7 cc's. (Both Dr. Park and Robin say that is alot - that most don't get that much - Dr. P thought it would be too much1) I guess we are special!!! I think I have your phone number so I will call you.

Hugs to you and Brianna

Hey 'erbody!!! All is well here. I am losing again... I was stuck for a while at 197, 196, 195... Then 191, 192.... Now I'm hovering around 185, 184 and working towards the 170's by the end of October. I have reset my goal weight to 170... I have 15lbs to go!!!! I feel great. Although I still struggle and want to eat a cow!!! It's just that I can't... I need to follow the rules and eat just enough...not to the point where it hurts.....

We do need to schedule a meet and greet!!!! Soon!!!

TTYL

Monique,

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I hope to be following you now that I have finally broken my @!X&8 5 month plateau. I can't tell you how good it is psychologically to be out of the 190's! You are doing so great - it must feel so good to be so close to goal. I too am reevaluating my end goal. When people hear that I have 50 more pounds to lose they are shocked and don't think it is right. I am going to see what I feel like and look like when I get into the 150's.

Hugs,

Hi All!

I wanted to jump in really quick to tell you, I finally got a surgery date! I will be getting the sleeve on Nov. 29. I go back to Dr. Le on the 23rd and then meet with the anesthesiologist. That afternoon, I am going to the pre-op class. The one caveat to the date is, I have to continue to lose before the 23rd, or he will cancel the surgery. So I am looking for anyway to keep myself more motivated!

When is the next support group in Sacramento? I really like that one.

Congrats Stacey! I was told the same thing and the thought of having the surgery cancelled kept me focused. Just stick to the diet and get some exercise and you will be fine. Don't weigh yourself everyday, I would go every 3 days otherwise you get to obsessed about it.

Congrats!:thumbup:

Congratulations Stacey! I'm so happy that you've finally gotten your date. :thumbup:

Congrats Stacey! I was told the same thing and the thought of having the surgery cancelled kept me focused. Just stick to the diet and get some exercise and you will be fine. Don't weigh yourself everyday, I would go every 3 days otherwise you get to obsessed about it.

Congrats!:thumbup:

Thanks Ali! Funny story, this morning I got on the scale and it was in a funky mood! I weight 20 lbs less than I did at the doctor! I was momentarily thrilled and then reality hit and I got back on them. No dice. I didn't lose 20 lbs. :smile:

Congratulations Stacey! I'm so happy that you've finally gotten your date. :tt2:

Thanks Lee! I am really excited and nervous about it. But I have 6 weeks to get used to the idea that it is really happening.

That scale is a mind tricker....lol

Are you going to be off through the holidays?

That scale is a mind tricker....lol

Are you going to be off through the holidays?

I will, I lucked out in the timing. I will have Thanksgiving and that Friday off with pay and then surgery on the following Monday. Figure a month off to recover, that puts me back after Jan. 1. That works for me. We don't really do any big celebratory meals for holidays since my family all lives with me, it's kind of just another day, so I won't feel left out or anything. It's really a perfect time for me.

Hi girls! Sorry I havent been around, got sucked into my failing relationship. Now im single. SO, i should be on here m ore, and working at getting back on track:)

How is everyone?

Sorry Nicole! Things are tough all around these days...don't get down, now you will have time to focus on you :smile:!

That's great Stacey, the time off around the holidays is a bonus!

I am so sorry to hear it Nicole, I have been there and it does completely turn your world upside down.

Ali, the best part is it get me out of our lame christmas party! BONUS!!!

Hey everyone!!!! All is well here. I can't believe that tomorrow is my 1 year Banniversary!!!! October 20, 2009

I certainly doesn't feel like it has been one full year. I am still happy with my decision and look forward to losing this last 15-20lbs.....

We really need to plan a get together.

Congrats Monique! Time flys so fast, happy that your journey has been a success!!!

YAY Monique! You're going to be at goal in no time flat! Keep up the good work.