Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I am up for a walk - anyone interested in Vallejo like we did before? I keep up with most of you on Facebook, but don't really like talking about lapband on there - too personal. Did you figure out how to track the thread? Don't know why they went and changed the website - made it harder to do everything.

Hi everyone, Pam thanks for pinging me on FB. I miss you guys. I'm able to see your post too. Glad you got your fill. I think i'm done with fills for a while. I sometimes over-do-it and things get stuck. I'm kind of in a rut right now, been eating carbs since turkey day and I need to break that cycle. I had lost like 5 lbs but I think I've gained them back.

Reggie good to hear from you too. I keep saying I'm going to check in more often and don't but I'll try, I know I need the support.

Maybe we should plan a holiday get together and walk in the cool winter air?

ok, .iloveuall.GIF

Well I Found te site again thanks to Pam...........................

I was suppose to get a fill on 12 13 but have family hear and don't want to drive to RIcomond while tey are hear. Next appointment is Jan 28 in vacaville...................I guess he doesn't go there much anymore.

Richmond is such a drive...............

So I am wondering if when I get the airport x rays if our bands will show. I hVe been told they will. So I guess our business is gonna be out there..........................Maybe we will get the extra pat down. I sure do wonder what it would looke like to the screener if they don't know what it is...........................a little bomb with a pull cord??

Anyone deal with this yeat????

That is an interesting question about the airport screening - I would guess if they asked you could show them your lapband card - people with pacemakers would like interesting too with the wires. Maybe Dr. Baggs is taking time off over the holidays.

I did so great today - we had a winter celebration for our whole agency to Celebrate department accomplishments - there was a couple of big tables with cake, Cookies, candy - all kinds of homemade and store bought goodies. I took put my hands in my pants pockets and then got a bottle of Water and a tangerine on the way out the door. I was so proud of myself. I brought the tangerine home as I was afraid to try to eat it at work. My unit went to Cheesecake Factory this afternoon for our Christmas event and I had clam chowder and iced tea - no bread, no cheesecake. Everyone else's food looked so yummy but it didn't bother me.

Where are you flying to Tina?

Well I Found te site again thanks to Pam...........................

I was suppose to get a fill on 12 13 but have family hear and don't want to drive to RIcomond while tey are hear. Next appointment is Jan 28 in vacaville...................I guess he doesn't go there much anymore.

Richmond is such a drive...............

So I am wondering if when I get the airport x rays if our bands will show. I hVe been told they will. So I guess our business is gonna be out there..........................Maybe we will get the extra pat down. I sure do wonder what it would looke like to the screener if they don't know what it is...........................a little bomb with a pull cord??

Anyone deal with this yeat????

I am not flying until March to Florida..................but I did talk to someone who said it is an x ray it will show up!!

I just wonder what it would look like if you didn't know what it was. I hear anyone with medical devices is getting the second pat down.

The girls in te office said he doesn't go to Vacaville as much anymore. I call te end of September to get te December 23 appointment it was all e had until January............but we are having a family party that night and the appointment was at 2pm in Richmond!! LOL. I don't know if I would be back at 5pm.

I am ok wit Jan 28, 2010. I have some restriction. I can still eat bread as long as it is not really soft. I want to go back to not eating bread at all!! It has been 8 month and I am ready for a bit more restriction. Just another half a cc and I am done I think.

Well been stressed out. My band works wonders when I am stressed out. I can tell it is more sensitive when I feel stressed out..............

Great weekend all!!

OH FINALLY! Thank you Pammie :-) We've found each other at last YAY!

I was doing well until yesterday. Pammie it sounds like you had the perfect office party!!! Me . . . not so much. Oh well today is a new day! I usually start off good but by mid- afternoon I've done wrong :-( Lots of stress is my life right now, 2 or my 3 kids are in some sort of crisis, they are out and I've moved in with Chris, WE at least are good but layoffs loom again and, well, my budget aint what it used to be!! All prayers welcomed :-) I miss you guys!!

Hi everyone!!! THANKS PAM!!! I so missed u guys. okwhere do I start I haven't

lost ANYTHING!! I', still at 196 !! I was hoping to be at least at 156 by my one year anniversary which was 11/18. That would have been 100 llbs lost I havent went in for a fill since May. I really should get my butt in there. But Robin wants me to log and I have been so bad about that. sorry just venting.

I was doing well until yesterday. Pammie it sounds like you had the perfect office party!!! Me . . . not so much. Oh well today is a new day! I usually start off good but by mid- afternoon I've done wrong :-( Lots of stress is my life right now, 2 or my 3 kids are in some sort of crisis, they are out and I've moved in with Chris, WE at least are good but layoffs loom again and, well, my budget aint what it used to be!! All prayers welcomed :-) I miss you guys!!

I am so happy we have reconnected on LBT . I guess someone needs to post at least once each day so we don't lose the thread again. Robin asked me to log my food too and fax it to her - I am going to comply and do it for a while and see if it helps me - the leader of my other Kaiser group that meets on Tuesdays is big on journaling too. I ate a handful of pretzels last night and then drank some iced tea - oops forgot I can't do that now - tea came right back up like an overflowing toilet.

Hello Everyone!!!! Yes, the site has changed and with the holidays looming....it's getting harder and harder for me to get on here. I am doing well and would also love to meet-up!!! You know I'm down to meet and walk in Vallejo if we can go to that place where I had the clam chowder!!!! Yes, I still eat soups... Matter of fact, I could eat some right now.... I'm hungary!!! I'm home sick and decided I needed to check in!!!! Let's plan a date...TTYL............

Hello Everyone,

It sure was tough to find this thread again. I just wanted to remind everyone that the Kaiser meeting is this Wednesday night. I think Robin is doing a presentation on Holiday eating. Liz said Robin would have recipes and ideas for navigating December successfully. She said it would be different than what we generally hear from Robin.

I've been having a really hard time shedding the pounds. I was started on thyroid meds in August but I'm not really seeing a difference. Regardless of the surgery, it takes a lot of determination and commitment.

Happy December everyone.

Let us know how the meeting goes. Here is the information for the Sacramento Bandsters meeting this Saturday.

PLEASE ATTEND SO OUR SUPPORT GROUP CAN BE SUCCESSFUL! IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REACHED YOUR GOAL, GIVE BACK BY ATTENDING AND SHARING YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS! IF YOU STILL STRUGGLE, COME FOR SUPPORT AND GAIN NEW INSIGHT! WE NEED EACH OTHER!

Don't forget that our monthly in-person support group meets this Saturday, December 18!

Sacramento Valley Bandsters Support Group

Third Saturday Every Month

10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Sutter Cancer Center

Classroom 1, First Floor

2800 L Street in midtown Sacramento

Please note that this is a band-only support group and band patients from any doctor or hospital are welcome to attend.

Whether you've had your band ten years or ten days, let's encourage each other to be successful!

Note: this building does not provide parking on weekends. There is 2-hour metered parking on the streets as well as a covered parking lot just a half a block away (enter on 29th, between K and L streets - cost is $1 per hour, same as metered parking, which is 25 cents for 15 minutes)

HI Everyone,

Hope all is well. I have not been on here in a while and just wanted to say hi. Also I was wondering if the kaiser support group at point west is meeting this saturday?

Let us know how the meeting goes. Here is the information for the Sacramento Bandsters meeting this Saturday.

PLEASE ATTEND SO OUR SUPPORT GROUP CAN BE SUCCESSFUL! IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REACHED YOUR GOAL, GIVE BACK BY ATTENDING AND SHARING YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS! IF YOU STILL STRUGGLE, COME FOR SUPPORT AND GAIN NEW INSIGHT! WE NEED EACH OTHER!

Don't forget that our monthly in-person support group meets this Saturday, December 18!

Sacramento Valley Bandsters Support Group

Third Saturday Every Month

10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.

Sutter Cancer Center

Classroom 1, First Floor

2800 L Street in midtown Sacramento

Please note that this is a band-only support group and band patients from any doctor or hospital are welcome to attend.

Whether you've had your band ten years or ten days, let's encourage each other to be successful!

Note: this building does not provide parking on weekends. There is 2-hour metered parking on the streets as well as a covered parking lot just a half a block away (enter on 29th, between K and L streets - cost is $1 per hour, same as metered parking, which is 25 cents for 15 minutes)

The support group meeting wasn't very good. Robin was there to talk nutrition for the holidays but Liz basically talked the entire time. It's still the same meeting as it was previously. It's really not possible to be honest about what's going on with eating etc.

I'm grateful for Kaiser, Dr. Baggs and my WLS and the surgical care that I received, but the support group meetings have been lacking since Bev retired. Liz is trying to change up the format which can be a positive thing, so we'll see what happens in the New Year.

With my Sleeve, I find that OH is the best support group for me, for finding information etc.

I wish I had a better report about the Kaiser meeting. The first Wednesday is generally better because the post-ops meet in a separate room with no facilitator. That's where the honest talk happens.

Happy Holidays to all of you and your families!

John, surgery brother, where the heck are you? Friday was our 10 month anniversary! :)

If you're around, how about an update on how you're doing. Things have been slow for me since October when I injured my back and had to cut back to only around 30 minutes of walking a day. I haven't dropped many pounds since then. I'm happily wearing size 10 or 12 jeans and cords. I'm still aiming for my goal to get 100 pounds off. It's just not happening at the pace that I'd like but I'll continue forging ahead. I'm doing Physical Therapy at Kaiser now to help me get rid of this back pain.

How's it going for you?

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I have been on here and it looks like regular postings have really slowed down. Once I stopped getting the email ticklers that there was a new post in here it was hard to come back and check things out. I need to check out this new format to get used to it.

Reflecting this past could days has been rewarding; In January I started this journey and had surgery in April. To date I have lost 105 pds...a whole new me!! It has really slowed for me and its getting hard to push back from the foods that I can now tolerate since surgery. But I am getting refocused and looking to do 50 by 50!! That's 50 pds by my 50th birthday in August...we shall see!

Here is to all of you--I hope all is well with everyone!

Happy New Year everyone! Wishing all of you a very healthy and happy 2011.