Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OMG - I thought we had lost everyone! I was amazed to see the emails from my old dear friends, Candra, Heather, Tamra, Reggie and Pam. I hope we can start posting again - I miss you all a bunch. I agree with Heather that a walk is in order once this rain stops. I just got back from Sunny Florida - it was amazing and I am freezing here! Lots to update everyone on.

Hugs

Pat

Howdy Ladies & John if you're still around :) It's been so long since I've been on here but suddently I'm getting emails that you girls are back! woo hoo!!! I miss my LBT group. I NEED my LBT group cuz I'm suckin at this band crud. Love/Hate relationship with this band. Im in any time!! Love you guys

OMG - I thought we had lost everyone! I was amazed to see the emails from my old dear friends, Candra, Heather, Tamra, Reggie and Pam. I hope we can start posting again - I miss you all a bunch. I agree with Heather that a walk is in order once this rain stops. I just got back from Sunny Florida - it was amazing and I am freezing here! Lots to update everyone on.

Hugs

Pat

You look great Pat!

Hey Candra I MISS you girl!!!! Haven't seen you in almost 7 or 8 months! How are you doing? Call me sometime, we need to get together!!!!

I miss all of you wonderful ladies I hope we can all start to meet soon! I need more support as I know most of us do!

I am currently co-moderating a 3rd Sat of each month support group for LapBansters only but not sure how much longer this group will continue. The lady I co-moderating with will most likely not be heading the meetings anymore and I don't think I can commit to leading the group at all times each month. I'll have to see and decide more later.

But I would love to see you all and possibly start meeting for support, walking and lunch on occassions!

Again I hope to see you all again soon!

Take care,

April

And John too!!!!

Pat, it's great to see your face on here again! it looks like you're doing really well. I may be coming up to the Santa Rosa meeting with some friends in April. I'd love to see you there.

I just wanted to mention that the Richmond meeting now has a Facebook page. I don't really check into FB very often but wanted to put it out there that it's available. It's something like Richmond Bariatric and it's a private page so it won't show up on your regular FB if you participate.

YAY! We're BACK!

I took the poll; I have my "stepson" every weekend through April cause his mom took off to Mexico again, so I signed up for May but if we do April I'll figure it out! I miss you girls!!!

I have a good feeling about this people! Pat you look Awsome in your picture! I will need to diet big time before I see you guys because Im so ashamed at how horrible I've been doing LOL. I did get a call from Richmond saying they have new programs for those of us who lost our insurance and was so excited but then she called back and said she was "mistaken" there are no fills available for us :(

April - what's new sister?? Miss you so update me on the newest gossip!

Riley Jane - so glad the not so new anymore relationship is going so well!

shoot, you guys know I love to post forever but I'm running out the door so I will get back to you!

Kisses & hugs!!

OMG this is a sign i keep getting emails too... IT was LBTS way of gettin us banders back together. Honestly I was going to delete my account and thats why i got on here but to see and hear all of your posts lately i said NO WAY i miss you gals way too much. I hope everyone is doin good.. We need a walk day for sure..... Gunna go update my account info now!! I havent been on here since August... Oh incase i didnt mention... WE ARE BACK IN CALI!!!! Yes WA wasnt for us... back in SAc...

PAT!!!! I missed you SO MUCH!!!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!

I just completed Jess's poll. I too am struggling - need to meet with my gals - I have gone to the two other local support groups here but wasn't feeling the love.

Hi Pam,

Are you still working with Kaiser on the shakes diet plan they had?

I did get a call from Richmond saying they have new programs for those of us who lost our insurance and was so

Hey Candra - When I lost my insurance for a few months (got it back now), I spoke to Sara and she reassured me that if you need to see your surgeon, it's 100% free, you just need to tell them when you book that you are a bariatric patient with no coverage. You cannot get ANY fills tho, but if you want to be checked, etc just to make sure your band, port, etc is okay you can.

I would love to do a get-together or walk, just let me know and I will be there :)

oh YEA!!! I'm down to do a walk and then maybe after cocktails? lol j/k... but yes lemme know I'd love to see all you ladies again and play catch up!

Oh this is so great to hear from everyone. I can do 5/14 (I filled in the poll). It would be so great to get the whole gang back together and to start posting again.

Riley - what are you up to - I need a hug big time!

Candra, Jess and Tamra - I have missed you so much! Remember - this is about how much we love each other and support each other - not about being ashamed.

Canolie - yeah you are back - I can't wait to see you!

Pam, Heather, April, Ash - tell me what's going on.

Bella - I won't be at the Santa Rosa meeting in April cause I have to take my son to LA to look at the college he is going to go to (which we didn't visit when we went to LA in the summer - go figure!)

OK ladies here's a summary of what's been going on with me:

After about April / May I didn't really lose much more and didn't feel alot of restriction. I also wasn't staying on program since I could eat most things. I have to say though, at least I didn't gain - but plateauing for 5-6 months is no fun.

I also went back into therapy with the Dr. who specialized in weight / eating issues. Been doing a lot of hard work.

I finally went back to see Dr. Park in October and though she didn't think I should get another fill (thought I would be too tight) she gave me another .5 cc so I am at 7 cc. It really did make me tight. I wish I had gone back sooner before I was so discouraged. I lost another 7 lbs after that. And I have to be really careful with what I eat, how much and how much I chew. In other words, the band is working like it is suppose to work. And everything they say is true: I can only eat a little of dense protein/ dense veggies, but can eat tons of sliders (had 2 pieces of chocolate cake today!!!)

I lost my job November 1st, which really, in the long run, is a good thing since I was so miserable there.

I went into a bad depression in January and February, but continued to go to therapy and have finally had some break throughs this last month.

At the end of February I separated from my husband and began to start losing weight again (5 lbs in the last month). We've been together 26 years and married for 20 years. We are going to try counseling and I am hopeful it will work. We both know it can't continue as it has - there have to be changes.

My focus now is on putting me first. Taking care of myself and getting the rest of the weight off (although I am not sure I am still headed for 140 lbs. I think if I can lose an even 100 lbs and get to 156 it might be fine. Right now I am a size 12/ medium in good clothese / 14 in cheaper clothes and my goal was always to be a size 10. So I think if I lose another 26 lbs I will be there no problem. I am also trying to figure out what I am going to do for work. I'm not sure I want to go back to the same high stress work in IT, so I am giving myself the month of April without any pressure. (That being said I spent the whole day working on a job application for an IT Director job up here in So. County - so obviously the guilt sometimes wins out over doing what is best for me.)

Anyway, please post updates and let me know what has been going on with everyone and how you are doing.

I am so glad to see everyone posting again.

I am still in the Weight Management Program at Kaiser in Elk Grove although I only check in about once a month. I did go to a 6 wk exercise class with them and a 6 week cooking class and have gone walking a few times with the walking group. I am embarrassed to say the program with the Optifast worked for me while I was on it - lost 20 lbs - but once we went back on food I had a hard time. I know weigh 10 lbs more than I did last year before I started that program. :( . I have been depressed about life in general - work sucks and I am back in the vicious cycle of emotional eating and then feeling horrible that I ate it etc etc. I need to call and see if I can go see the therapist, but I think I will have to go through intake again as it has been a long time since I saw her. Guess I won't know until I call them.

I think I need a fill as I can still eat bread but no way in hell I am going to see Dr. Im until I lose some weight - I was up 6 lbs from my 20 lost when I saw him last to get a fill and that was bad enough. He was really nice about it, but I want to lose at least 10 lbs before seeing him again. I think I have 6 cc in my band and need at least .5 more.

I am putting Sat May 14 on my calendar - what time? Same place in Vallejo? Anyone in Sacto area want to get together before then for a walk?

Pam