Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Nicole, OMG! What do you mean they won't even talk to you? To heck with that...Justgo there. They will have to treat you! Did you recently get a large fill? Please go in now. Be sure to keep us posted.

Go in to any Kaiser emergency room Nicole - by law they have to treat you. Is there a reason you think it is band related? The only reason I would think it would be band related is if you were too tight - but I didn't think you had much in your band?

Let us know what happens

NIcole I agree if you just go there what can they do..........I do know by personal experience the ER's in town won't deal with the band. I was told to drive to Richmond for anything band related at all. Not even a barium swallow or x ray at the ER's in town. So I think you are better off over there. Seriously who said you can't come over there?? Did you actually get someone on the phone?? I thought our bands were covered for life just no labs or fills. Are you to tight suddenly?? Or did something slip or erode?? Those are reasons nothing would go down..................are you hurting? Is it just that your throwing up so much you can't keep things down OR is it that the band won't let it go down.

If you can't keep down liquids you have to go see someone you will get really sick. Been there and hated every minute of it...........

Call me or text me later.

Edited by swrktp

Ok I am home.

Yeah i talked to one of the ladies and she was totally cold and rude even with me crying.... So when i called back got annabell, she told me if i went they would have to see me but medical wouldnt cover it. so she recommended going to any emergency.

What was happening is i couldnt keep ANYTHING down. Not even my tea.. thats when i got worried. And no it wasnt from me getting sick cause i had woken up and waited an hour before trying.

Well results, i was put on an iv and given a lot of fluids, and nausea medication. Did a cat scan, 5 radiographs, and a barium swallow. Get this on my barium, you know how we saw it after surgery, well before you could see a tiny pouch where the barium got "stuck" in the first stomach then went thru the band very tightly and then the big stomach?? WELL, i have NO top stomach. And its going thru the band in 1 inch diameter. (yes remember im very loose) SO, now im totally confused.. why is there no pouch? And why am i so sick? I gave up on the hospital, they just put me on more nausea stuff. Im gonna try calling kaiser and see if they will pull the pictures, and have a surgeon see them... and see what they say. Annabell says i can get a consult. So im gonna only deal with her now when i call. But needless dr baggs needs to write me an rx for a nausea pill.

I don't know where your pouch went. Did you look up information on a slipped band? Maybe it slipped up? I hope you feel better soon

Yeah I looked it up and i saw nothing that looked like mine. How are you?

Anyone wanna get together tomororw?

Ah Nicole I am so sorry.............are you able to eat again? Glad you got everything done.........they wouldn't let me have any tests involving the band when I was in ER in June. THey said it had to all go through Richmond. Glad you were able to get help.

No pouch? Hmmm........that doesn't sound right. I am trying my hardest to get Richmond to let me do another barium swallow and x rays. I am waiting for them to decide. I need to see for myself everything is ok before I consider any more fills. The last one scared me.........I want to see the x rays so I know for sure.

I will do some research are you sure there was no pouch........or is it there is a pouch but it all runs through so fast you can't really tell.

I am worried about you.

Nicole could this be because of the stress of the custody stuff.................

I have dealt alot with Kaiser professionally the last month. I haven't liked the "customer service" I have seen lately. I am disappointed. People are people............I know money and profits are also important but really? really? I know that is the medical industry but so disappointed in what I have observed............Nicole I am sorry not have health insurance really puts you in a bad spot.

I hope Dr. Baggs will do a consult for you and I hope it all works out!!

Edited by swrktp

Thanks! Yeah im sure NO pouch. It was crazy shut ur eyes and imagine ur barium swallow after surgery, remember how you can see it go down our throat, into the esophagus and out and then pool above the band then a big pool under the band then a tiny trickel into the intestines??? WELL, mike is the same thickness, and width of barium from my throat to my band to the stomach where it finally pooled.

So, no pouch what so ever, and it flowed thru the band like it was down my throat. I dont get it either.

Heres the pathetic part the er was looking at my big stomach and not even worried about my "pouch" not being there lol.

Im gonna call keep your fingers crossed. I atleast need a nausia pill.. they can rx me something to fill at kmart:D

Nicole, I just want to send tea and sympathy. I'm so sorry you're feeling so poorly and now so darn worried about your pouch. I hope it all gets sorted out.

So i am on the hunt for a bariatric surgeon who takes Medical. I am about to just pay out of pocket for some insurance. This is RIDICULOUS.

Bad news or good first???

Kaiser might take medical i have to see how they do it, sometimes they will take it straight sometimes they make you pay it. EVERYONE PAY ATTN. If you loose insurance and get medical within 6 months, YOU CAN GET KAISER STILL. They grandfather you in with medical.

Bad news...

They do NOT take you at all, even with the waiving fees idea.. Not at all. Anabell said sorry i gave you wrong information nicole. So ya. They wont even look at my xrays. Or any of it. I told them no pouch and the other drs everyone says that sounds serious, but noone can do anything for me.

What is annoying is i remember them saying that my band was owned by them and they would always atleast consult us... this was before we got the band. AND now.... im screwed? Im lost.. kinda feels like a lawsuit.

ok I am so HAPPY I FOUND you guys again..you'll have to excuse not to computer savvy. Anyway first NICOLE!! no pouch WTF r u talkin about OMG u need to check that like NOW!! R u feelin any pain or r u still not able to consume anything?? Please let us know I am so worried for you.

Tina- I asked dr baggs for an xray today and he denied it, I have been concerned about the placement of my band. As I mentioned to some of you I messed around and gained some weight but let me tell you I almost am down the weight I had gained I think it was alot of Fluid becuase while in vegas although I didnt eat, I drank!! while the kids were in the pool I was by the pool with my lil'umbrella drinkie or glass of wine then at rush concert oooh girls let me tell you i had s few shots of patron so I know I was BAD!! I dont drink that often so to me that was alot of consumption. well I still feel tight but now I'm freakin out if maybe I hurt something..band erosion!!! Anyway he wants to see me again 9/24 to see how I am doing. Also I started eating alot of junk sliders..ice cream, spinach dip stuff that was fattening!! so now I kno how this band works. if I gain anymore I will probably throw up alot and possibly slip my band. So I am being good now..only hting is the erosion question what are the symptoms?? btw - I MISSED ALL OF YOU.

Hi Nicolie! I miss you. How's my little Auds?? Not so little now, I'm sure!

I am mourning the loss of my prior support groups all around, this one included! I am a culprit of this. We MUST get going again ladies, WE NEED EACH OTHER! I know that our new lives are busy, but it's important!

When's the next Vallejo walk? Not September 11, but another Sat I'm THERE

rILEY- I am so with you on this...

Maria - I think from what I have read about erosion you would be in a lot of pain if your band was eroding into your stomach. Glad to hear you are back on track.

Nicole - are you able to drink anything now? If so you should drink some Protein Drinks to keep up your strength. I would expect the Fluid to go right through your band if you are not very tight. Are you in pain too or just nauseaous? I wouldn't expect our stomachs and bands to look the same as they did right after surgery - we have lost a lot of weight since then so maybe all of our pouches look like that now but we just don't know it since we have not seen them? Have you checked the complication section of Lapbandtalk.com?