Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Thanks, Meshultz! Believe it or not, I've been drinking Slimfast LC chocolate shakes every morning for about a year now. I found that they help with my IBS (I have no idea why!) so when I take my meds in the morning, I drink one. That's usually around 6:30 and I'm good til about 10:30 or 11. They are definitely more cost effective! I, too, like them much better than the Atkins (which are cheaper than SF for some reason at my Wal-Mart). I've never seen the SF Low carb at Sam's before, I've seen Optima, but they're different.

I went and paid my fee, got my big book to read (I'm so excited!) and then went to the store for the nutrition center that my surgeon owns. I got a box of chocolate and a box of vanilla shakes. They're called "Weight and Inches" and that's what they recommend. They had everything there, even the chewable vitamins. But I didn't get them this time. I also got Mint hot chocolate, chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars, and a variety pack that has a shake, a pudding mix, a fruit juice mix, and 2 Soups. I figure I am not going to want a shake the WHOLE freakin' time for the next 2 months, LOL. But oddly, I love my SF LC shake every morning! DH thinks I'm crazy, but I love it.

Did any of you get a magic bullet or anything like that to puree your foods? I'm wondering if one of those wouldn't be easier to use than a blender and also hold a smaller amount of food, ya know? I'm thinking for the mushie stage.

Bridgette,

I have only seen the SlimFast LC in chocolate at my sams but you can go to samsclub.com and go to the product and then see if they have it at a club near you.. i hope everything is going good for you.. keep us up to date :thumbup: Enjoy your reading

hi anyone help me plz,the place thats doing my lap band tests called its set for oct3rd anyway i called her back asked her anything i need to do ,she forgot to tel, me this she said fast from midnite till the appt at 1.30 the nxt afternoon,does that mean i can drink?or fast me no food no drinks? i need to take a pill in am?anyone that has had tests plz lmk thanks

My date is Oct. 17 at 1pm...I am so excited.. We can help each other out. It will be good to chat with someone with the same time frame. Best of luck.. Be happy

Hey Meshultz, I got 2 boxes of them just now. Woohoo! I know I'll need more, but that beats buying them EVERY time I go to Wal-Mart! Yay!! And I figured it out, it's about 25 cents cheaper per shake to get them at Sam's than W-M. Thanks for the tip! You rock! :thumbup:

What book are you talking about? Does your surgeon recommend a certain Protein Drink? When will you be having your surgery? I had my cardiac testing today and will get the results Monday. Then all I have to do is fax all the information to them to be sent to Humana. Once they approve (pray) I will see the surgeon and they told me to go ahead and start the pre-surgery diet because I would probably be having surgery anywhere between the second and last week of October. So I need some hints before I get to the surgeon of what to eat for the diet? I know I am suppose to be on a high Protein diet. Please send helpful hints.

Cheryl

Cheryl, the "book" I'm referring to is a handbook of usefull information that my surgeon and his colleagues put together for us to use in our 3 hour class prior to surgery. I went to pick it up and get a start on reading it, that way if I have questions about what I've read, I can ask them then.

Vicki - you will like him. I was originally going to see him. My good friend that got me turned onto the LapBand had him and she loved him and the hospital staff there. Good luck on your journey!

Will you ask your friend that had the surgery in Mexico if I need to bring my own bottled Water, I remember people saying they got sick from drinking their water:confused:?

Cheryl, the "book" I'm referring to is a handbook of usefull information that my surgeon and his colleagues put together for us to use in our 3 hour class prior to surgery. I went to pick it up and get a start on reading it, that way if I have questions about what I've read, I can ask them then.

What is the name of the book? Maybe I could find one or something simular to read. I'll be banded on the 21st of October.:thumbup:

Regards,

Vickie

Bridgette,

I am glad you found the Slim Fast at sams.. .25 cents a can is totally worth the savings ha ha.. I have like 4 cases in the cabinet, but my hubby is having his surgery on Wednesday and then me the next Wednesday so I know for at lease 3 weeks we wont feel like going anywhere so this weekend I am going to sams and super stocking up ... Being that liquid is all we will be having for a whole week.. It is going to be fun :thumbup: I CANT WAIT..... I am looking forward to it :) My hubby is getting a bit nervous, but I am sure he is going to do fantastic..

How are you informational handouts going? I looked through ours and we got our meds filled for after surgery..Does your surgeon make you do a blood thinner shot??? we have to give ourselves 1 shot everyday for 7 days.. it is just about the only thing freaking me out.. HA HA I dont want to give myself a shot .. I told my mother she would have to drive over and do it everyday since she is a nurse.. She was not so keen on the idea though since she lives 45 min away from me HA HA.. well hope everyone has a super fantastic weekend :mellow:

I am set for Oct 8th in Louisville KY. I can't wait, it seems like it took forever and now its so close! I just bought a huge canister of body fortress choc whey Protein at Walmart. It makes 28 shakes and was only $12. I hope I like it. I go in for pre-op on Sep 23 and I start my liquid diet on Oct 1st. I am very curious of the detailed instructions for this so called "liquid diet". That sounds so awful to do before the band. Nothing to make you feel full at all. But its definatley worth it.

Ok, I read through all those pages and now I'm kinda freaked out! How in the world am I going to go on a family vacation with my folks, aunt, uncle, grandma, and DH for Thanksgiving?!?! What am I going to do? Sip shakes while they eat food at restaurants? I guess I'm going to have to tell them or they'll think I'm sick or something.... I'm a detail person and that is one of my concerns... I need to get over it I know. I didn't read anything about blood thinning shots. I actually have to get tested for a rare blood disorder that my mom has (it's hereditary) where the blood doesn't clot. I have an appt with a hematologist. He's got a month to get me tested and figure it out!