Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Cheryl -

Go visit the Before & After pictures thread. Yes, there is some negative out there - this isn't an easy step - but those pictures prove that it can work if you work it.

Good luck with the rest of the testing.

I'm a little nervous because I don't see my surgeon again until the day before the surgery. I'm really hoping all goes well.

The Upper GI really wasn't bad at all. They had me drink some stuff (kind of like Alka Seltzer that didn't taste great but there wasn't much of it) then I had to stand in front of a table while they told me to turn certain ways. Then the table tilts back with you on it :thumbup: (that was a little freaky) until you are lying down.
Yep, I agree the upper GI took about 10 mins. and does NOT hurt....stuff does not even taste bad......so cool, they could see my acid reflux happening...they said that did not happen a lot! I would be the weird one! Do NOT sweat it! :confused:

Joy

Thanks to both of you. I have been so scared of the upper GI. I had a barium swallow a couple of years back and they gave me this stuff that was as thick if not thicker than cooking oil.:confused: They didn't warn me, and I almost puked it right back up.:smile: The radiologist told me i wouldn't have been the first one. gross!

This is my first post on this forum. and yes I'm getting banded on Oct 7 with Dr k in Aurora Co. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. But i should be OK. I been reading this forum and studying as much as possible. But have the support of family behind and also this web site for help and info if needed.

Mark

Hello! Dr. K is also doing my surgery. My original date was Oct.1 but I got bumped up to Sept.29th. Have you visited the thread for Dr.K? You will find a lot of info on that thread. I have a hard time keeping up with everyone over there but tend to chime in when I can. :lol:

I am so scared of life after banding. The "what ifs" are killing me!

Slim:

You and I are too much alike with our thoughts and belly buttons. :cursing:

I am so worried about getting something "stuck" the first time. Ugh...I know it won't be pleasant.:lol:

I have a tentative date of October 29, pending approval and such. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I keep worrying that I'll screw this up somehow.

My surgery date is October 14 in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. I am also self-pay. The waiting is painful; I am so excited. Someone mentioned concern about gaining weight. This weekend I ate a couple of things that I really loved like Pasta that may be a no-go after surgery. I want to make the transition to the pre-op diet easier so today I went back on Phase 1 of South Beach/low GI/low carb. Plus I don't want to risk gaining and having the surgery canceled. I can seriously think of nothing else but the lapband surgery.

I'm going to Mexico too in Oct. the 21st. with Dr. Lopez Corvala

Slim:

You and I are too much alike with our thoughts and belly buttons. :cursing:

I am so worried about getting something "stuck" the first time. Ugh...I know it won't be pleasant.:lol:

I know! I am so scared of that happening! I figure once will be enough for me!

I have a tentative date of October 29, pending approval and such. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I keep worrying that I'll screw this up somehow.

My guess is that being nervous and excited at the same time is perfectly normal. My surgery date is Oct 2nd- and I am feeling the same way. I've never had surgery, so there is all that to deal with- but I am bound and determined that I will follow all the guidelines and I WILL lose the weight. I feel like this is kind of my last chance!! Think of the 'little train that could'- "I think I can, I think I can"- If you think you can, you will!!!!!

Keep in touch!

Bev:thumbup:

My doctor has decided I have to leave October behind. I have been moved up to next week. I was mentally prepared for October. I am not ready for next week. OMG!

Wow Bev, your 59 and never had any kind of surgery? That is wonderful and amazing to me. My first surgery was when I was 10 and I've had 6 surgeries since then so this will be number 8. The worst part of surgery is knowing they are going to put you to sleep and that is before the surgery so---if thats been the worst part for me then it couldn't be that bad. I really don't mind temporary pain, that means your still alive. (smile) Oh I'm 58 and my date for the lap band is the 21st of October in Mexico, I pay.

not to be nosey but how much did it cost yato have done in mexico?did it inclde airfare

Hi Nazzy;997476

Your not being nosey--It will cost 7 thousand dollars American cashier's check. This does not include airfare and I live in Alaska. My husband wants to go to monitor everything so I can safely add on another 2 thousand and hope I can say it only cost 9 thousand altogether. I found a doctor that will do the fills in Anchorage and that is only about an hour away. I'm excited about this too and praying it works and hope I can learn to make it work.:embaressed_smile:

My date is October 21!!!!

I'm so excited, but scared. I've never hace surgery. I'm 5' 4", 236 (last weigh in). Are you still trying to loose weight?

I've just recently bought some Protein Drinks trying to get an idea as to how it is going to be but no I haven't tried to lose anymore. My birthday was Saturday and I had cheese cake, my favorite.

Sarah Palin seems quite knowledgable and has all of her ducks in a roll. Although I was unhappy when they dismissed the BRIDGE to Nowhere. Believe the bridge is to somewhere and the bridge could save us about 30 minutes instead of having to fight the freeway traffic into Anchorage. Many of the people in the Matsu-Vally must drive to work and if you were on the freeway you would ask why doesn't someone do something about this. I hope that Charlie, the guy that interviewed her last week at her home had to drive on that confounded freeway so he could say--we don't need that bridge--I hope she didn't fly him to her house.