Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I do not have a date yet but anticipate Oct as I cannot get any time off in September due to staffing issues. Hopefully hear something soon. :tt2:

I just got my date today - I will be joining you all in October surgeries. I am so excited!!!!!

Congrats to all...October starts in less than 4 weeks!

I am scheduled for sugery on October 6th. I cant wait, it is all I think about. I having been going through the process since June 12th and it is hard to beleive that I am so close now. I just received insurance approval this past Monday.

:tt2: Hey all October Bandsters! Just wanted to check in and see how you are all doing? I can't believe that in less than a month some of you will already be banded! I know that it has seemed like a lon road - BUT WE ARE ALMOST THERE! I can't believe that it has come so fast. I remember thinking to myself - I can't believe I have to wait 10 weeks! LOL!

So have any of you started your specialized diets? I have not started hardcore yet - but have been playing around with some Protein recipes and drinks. This way, when the time comes I am all prepared to start the rest of my life.

If you have all tried any new recipes I would love to see them! Let me know if you would like some recipes for yourself!

Talk to you all soon!

:lol::thumbup::lol::thumbup::):thumbup::eek::thumbup::lol::thumbup::tt2:

:tt2: Hey all October Bandsters! Just wanted to check in and see how you are all doing? I can't believe that in less than a month some of you will already be banded! I know that it has seemed like a lon road - BUT WE ARE ALMOST THERE! I can't believe that it has come so fast. I remember thinking to myself - I can't believe I have to wait 10 weeks! LOL!

So have any of you started your specialized diets? I have not started hardcore yet - but have been playing around with some Protein recipes and drinks. This way, when the time comes I am all prepared to start the rest of my life.

If you have all tried any new recipes I would love to see them! Let me know if you would like some recipes for yourself!

Talk to you all soon!

:lol::thumbup::):thumbup::eek::thumbup::lol::thumbup::tt2::thumbup::tt2:

I'm scared!:lol: They have given me too long to think about this. I am now up to 9th and 10th thoughts about going through with this. I know I need to do it. I know I obviously can't do it alone, but I am so scared of life after banding. The "what ifs" are killing me!

Sounds like we are alike Sue. I am in process, have my consult Sept 29th hoping for surgery in OCT. BMI 35 with diabetes.

I am set to go on Oct 10! I cant wait. I had some insurance problems, my first date was 1/24, so it has been a struggle for them to approve. I know this month will fly by.

I'm scared!:thumbup: They have given me too long to think about this. I am now up to 9th and 10th thoughts about going through with this. I know I need to do it. I know I obviously can't do it alone, but I am so scared of life after banding. The "what ifs" are killing me!

I know you are stressed - but remember this is just the beginning of something great! Kind of like brides before they get married! LOL!

I know that you can do this. I was like the way you are feeling now about two weeks ago. Just think four weeks from now and it will all be over. The anticipation, the nerves, the jitters. You CAN do this! Just think about how great your life will be after the band. You are the only one that can make this work and we all have faith in each other. When you are down let us know so we can kick you ack into shape!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

My surgery date is October 14 in Mexico with Dr. Ortiz. I am also self-pay. The waiting is painful; I am so excited. Someone mentioned concern about gaining weight. This weekend I ate a couple of things that I really loved like Pasta that may be a no-go after surgery. I want to make the transition to the pre-op diet easier so today I went back on Phase 1 of South Beach/low GI/low carb. Plus I don't want to risk gaining and having the surgery canceled. I can seriously think of nothing else but the lapband surgery.

I know you are stressed - but remember this is just the beginning of something great! Kind of like brides before they get married! LOL!

I know that you can do this. I was like the way you are feeling now about two weeks ago. Just think four weeks from now and it will all be over. The anticipation, the nerves, the jitters. You CAN do this! Just think about how great your life will be after the band. You are the only one that can make this work and we all have faith in each other. When you are down let us know so we can kick you ack into shape!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Thanks I needed a kick in the pants.:thumbup:

I'm scheduled for October 9th. I go see the surgeon again on the 8th, and then surgery on the 9th. It would have been sooner, but I ended up with laryngitis and so they scheduled me a little further out than usual.

I go see the dietician about the pre-op diet on the 25th, and am ready to go!

This has been a long road for me. I was originally scheduled for September 2006. Yep, 2006. A week before surgery they discovered I was severely anemic and cancelled. Two years, one hysterectomy, and a metric ton of Iron pills later, I am on my way again. Fingers Crossed.

Edited by KarenK

I am set to go on Oct 10! I cant wait. I had some insurance problems, my first date was 1/24, so it has been a struggle for them to approve. I know this month will fly by.

Congrats! I am happy that all is settled and you can finally have the surgery! I am on the 9th so I will let you know how it goes!:redface:

I'm scheduled for October 9th. I go see the surgeon again on the 8th, and then surgery on the 9th. It would have been sooner, but I ended up with laryngitis and so they scheduled me a little further out than usual.

I go see the dietician about the pre-op diet on the 25th, and am ready to go!

This has been a long road for me. I was originally scheduled for September 2006. Yep, 2006. A week before surgery they discovered I was severely anemic and cancelled. Two years, one hysterectomy, and a metric ton of Iron pills later, I am on my way again. Fingers Crossed.

YEAH! Another 9ther like me! Can you believe that tomorrow will be one month until the day! I can't wait. These next four weeks are going to fly! SOOOOO EXCITED!

hi all october bannders my date is for Oct. 1st,,,,not yet gotten approval but my coordinator at the surgeon's office is pretty sure.......anyone else starting next month?

let me know

thanks

linda

hi all october bannders my date is for Oct. 1st,,,,not yet gotten approval but my coordinator at the surgeon's office is pretty sure.......anyone else starting next month?

let me know

thanks

linda

I am October 2nd. I start my pre-op liquid diet next week. Yuck!