Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

god i hope im oct to,i posted today lap band dr called today told me they wanted my dr to send the charts of my 6 month diet i went jan thru june,i asked my dr if i needed to come july she said no i had my 6 months so aug i saw her,now lap b and says i neded 1 more month even tho i payed 6 months to see my dr,i feel i shouldnot have to start over ,i was so upset today when i went up to dr office tryin g to see what they was gonna do,no ones called back but i know she pulled my chart,so now ive got to wait see whata they say?hoping me

I applaud u!....I still sneak a smoke or two.......BUT NOT after the banding....who in the world wants ulcers?....Fear is a mighty motivator in my world!:omg_smile:

Joy

I have October 3 as my surgery date. I got a big lump in my throat making the call to set it up. Never having spent a night in the hospital, breaking a bone, etc., surgery is all new to me. My wife's class has a H.S. reunion, so I wanted to go with her toward the end of the month. And then Friday, the 3rd was better for her work schedule, so I took that date.

Dr. Spivak, in Houston will do it. He doesn't require much in the way of dieting pre-op, I understand other than not to gain weight. I'm thinking I'll start a low fat diet (his ofc. said low fat or S. Beach might be good if I wanted to). Start giving up the sodas, red meat, Pasta and breads as it get closer. (He does ask to give up red meat and Pasta for 5 days "for my comfort")

Any suggestions on pre op diets?

Edited by Gary Smithey

Hi everyone. Just got my surgery date yesterday. OCTOBER 7th!! 26 days and counting. Still in shock, can't believe it is finally going to happen. Seems like everything has taken forever up to this point. It is all going to be worth it. Can't wait! Good luck to all of you.:)

Hello everyone! Okay below are some of my new favs for Protein drinks. Hope you like them. Some are from the book, "Weight Loss Surgery with the AGB," by Robert W. Sewell, M.D. and others are from, "Before and After," by Susan Maria Leach.

* When I talk about Protein powder I use the Isopure mix. It has 50 grams of Protein for two scoops! Plus low carb and low in calories!

Basic Recipe:

In a Blender:

Mix 8oz. of Water, or more

6-8 ice cubes or more

2 scoops of Protein shake powder

Vanilla/Cinnamon Shake:

2 scoops of vanilla Protein Powder

1/2 scoop fat-free/sugar-free (ff/sf) vanilla instant pudding mix

1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla extract

cinnamon to taste

Blend with Water then,

Blend all with crushed ice

300 calories-50 grams of protein

Pistachio shake

2 scoops vanilla protein powder

1/2 to 1 scoop FF/SF Pistachio instant pudding

1/2 to 1 tsp. almond extract

Blend with water then,

banana Shake

2 scoops of vanilla protein powder

1/2 to 1 scoop FF/SF banana instant pudding

1/2 to 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Blend with water then,

Oreo-Like Blizzard Shake

2 scoops Vanilla protein powder

2 sugar-free Oreos

1 tablespoon Cool Whip

1/2 vanilla

Blend with water then,

350 calories-50 grams of protein

More to come after I start testing out new recipes!

From the looks of things I had better be on the lookout for a good deal on a blender sometime soon.

The pre-op diet my program uses isn't all liquid, but is after for a while.

From the looks of things I had better be on the lookout for a good deal on a blender sometime soon.

The pre-op diet my program uses isn't all liquid, but is after for a while.

Karen - I have read and heard from a lot of people that the blender becomes their best friend for the first few eeks of surgery and after. I am not sure if you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond or a Linens and Things near you - but these businesses are always offerig 20% flyers in the mail. Way cheap.

I also purchased a mini food processor. It was funny really - I was debating between the large which holds 6 - 8 cups and the small one, 1 - 3 cups. I really was sitting there thinking about - and suddenly it hit me - HELLO!!! YOU CAN ONLY EAT WHAT THE SMALL ONE OFFERS. It is so funny to me that I actually thought about picking the big one!:rolleyes2::lol:

Well, I guess I know what I'm going shopping for while my daughter is at dance tonight.

We just got a B B & B recently. This will give me a good excuse to check them out.

Thanks for the recipes.

Well, I guess I know what I'm going shopping for while my daughter is at dance tonight.

We just got a B B & B recently. This will give me a good excuse to check them out.

Thanks for the recipes.

My pleasure! Like I said, there will be more to come...

When you go to BB&B make sure to sign their mailing list. This will ensure that you get those great 20% off coupons once a week. Plus the greatest part - THEY NEVER EXPIRE! Although there are expiration dates on them, they will always take the. TRUST ME! LOL! BB&B is like my home away from home. I love it there and I am sure you will enjoy it.

Take care Karen.

Hello October Bandsters... so far, looks like I am in with you!

I have set a date of 10/30/08 with Dr. Kirshenbaum in Colorado.

Sooooo nervous - but so happy. :unsure:

Going to read all of your info here to get familiar with everyone and everything.

Continued Sucess to Everyone!

Hi everyone! The surgery is all I can think about also. I read what to expect and what to eat etc, etc, and it's like I can't get enough information!! I'll be glad when the surgery part is over- then the hard part, right? I keep telling myself that this is a tool, and that I have to do the work. I just hope it is different from the 100's of other weight loss programs I have been in. It has been a long road, but IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!!!!!

Bev:thumbup:

wow i hope i get oct,thats month my birthday to,the 13th,i did the 6 months got letter jan thru june,insurance says i needed 1 more month,i payed 6 times.im seein g dr monday so think shes gonna fix it,i asked if i needed to come 1 more and my dr office said no,so ill know monday costged me 100 a month for dr diet seems like id be out over 900 when u include the lap band office visit,no way could i pay again,when wasnt my fault think shes gonna fix it,im hoping,if she doies my chart will be sent over,and hopefully oked by insurance,ive be so ujpset for 3 days now.i payed jan thru july 5 times ik payed,upset me