Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I am scheduled for October 7, my brother's birthday, so I hope that's a good sign! It seems like so far away but I am a teacher and school starts tomorrow so I am sure it will be here before I know it!

Good luck to all October banders!

Went for my psych eval today and I asked them if I could pencil in the date I wanted, since they're already scheduling for the time I want. I will hear back by the end of the week if my psych eval is okay and then the next step is to meet with the surgeon & send stuff in for insurance approval! :crying: I'm so excited! So my "penciled in date" is Wednesday, October 15th!! I can't wait!! I hope the insurance approval doesn't take too long. I think waiting is so frustrating! I'm a pretty impatient person when I'm waiting for something I want though. Hope to write again soon to have a set date for surgery!! :wink2: :wub:

Hi there,

I have tentatively been told a date of either mid september or october and i'm thinking it will be october. Like alot of others I cannot wait and am hoping they will say september!! I feel all I have been doing since starting this process is having my last supper before the preop diet starts :crying: so need it soon :wink2:

Congrats everyone on their upcoming surgeries! I am so thrilled that I am going nuts! I just want this all to get going asap! The longer the wait the more thoughts that cross my mind of insecurities. What about the rest of you? By the way... new to the site - how do you get your picture up when you post a comment?

sorry cant help you with the pics etc, i'm new too, now i'm addicted to reading everything on here!! and yes I agree the more I read the more worries I have about everything :thumbup: like you I can't wait to get this done :biggrin2:

I've been working on this since march of last year, and I finally have a surgery date of October 8th. I have lupus and a clotting disorder, so I had to have a lot of other tests done. Two days before the surgery, I have to have a filter put in so it can hopefully get any clots that may form. I started Optifast yesterday...and right now I feel like trash. Ugh. My stomach is cramping and I think at some point today I will throw up. I've tried a few of the Optifast "recipes" with no success so far. I can't seem to find one that's really good. Just having them plain is not too bad, I may just stick to that.

I weigh 280 now and hope to get to somewhere around 150. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure, severe sleep apnea, too much pressure in my spinal Fluid, and a fatty liver...all thanks to being overweight. I just want to be healthy again. :w00t:

I have met all the qualifications and am just waiting for my surgeon to get my psyc eval. If insurance goes well I will be banded on October 13th. As far as not gaining any weight before then I have actually lost 24lbs as of this morning. If you practice eating like a person who already has a lapband you almost can't help but loose. I chew my food so much that I get bored eating before I even eat half of what I use too. It is still hard to get motivated to exercise, but I hope the motivation will come when I loose more and it is not like exercising with an extra person attached.

I have Aetna, I was approved in 9 days. I did the 3 month program and most of my tests. I have 2 more test to do. My date is Oct. 9th.

Can't wait.

I've been working on this since march of last year, and I finally have a surgery date of October 8th. I have lupus and a clotting disorder, so I had to have a lot of other tests done. Two days before the surgery, I have to have a filter put in so it can hopefully get any clots that may form. I started Optifast yesterday...and right now I feel like trash. Ugh. My stomach is cramping and I think at some point today I will throw up. I've tried a few of the Optifast "recipes" with no success so far. I can't seem to find one that's really good. Just having them plain is not too bad, I may just stick to that.

I weigh 280 now and hope to get to somewhere around 150. I'm diabetic, have high blood pressure, severe sleep apnea, too much pressure in my spinal Fluid, and a fatty liver...all thanks to being overweight. I just want to be healthy again. :w00t:

That sounds like a lot to take in! No worries though! You are on your way. I can't wait to hear how everything goes. You are the day before me! I am for sure going to be asking you a ton of questions! Take care girl and stay focusd!

I have Aetna, I was approved in 9 days. I did the 3 month program and most of my tests. I have 2 more test to do. My date is Oct. 9th.

Can't wait.

YEAH! Another Oct. 9ther! I can't wait! Doesn't it seem like light years away!? You are lucky though... I am an out of pocketer... so this has been really interesting trying to figure out where this money is going to be coming from - but where there is a will there is a way!

Take care!

YEAH! Another Oct. 9ther! I can't wait! Doesn't it seem like light years away!? You are lucky though... I am an out of pocketer... so this has been really interesting trying to figure out where this money is going to be coming from - but where there is a will there is a way!

Take care!

I won't be home until about 6 days after surgery. I have to stay for a while afterward just incase anything goes wrong, the hospital is 5 hours away. I have to go to a VA hospital otherwise I'd have to pay for my visit, and I can't afford that. The VA is free for me because I have a service connected illness. They might have a computer somewhere in the hospital they'll let me use. ;)

Heather

Congrats everyone on their upcoming surgeries! I am so thrilled that I am going nuts! I just want this all to get going asap! The longer the wait the more thoughts that cross my mind of insecurities. What about the rest of you? By the way... new to the site - how do you get your picture up when you post a comment?

Hi Cassie! Looks like you are manuevering around the site pretty well. I accepted your friend request so hopefully you got it since I have no clue as to what I'm doing on here. lol... Reminds me of when I first opened a myspace account. :crying:

When I first found this site and started reading I was having a lot of doubts about surgery. I have since decided to experience my own journey b/c everyones body/experiences are vastly different. So...now I am at least not driving myself insane but am still very nervous and think about surgery every day. I'm hoping this is normal. :boink:

I'm so glad you started this thread! ;):biggrin::thumbup::biggrin::tt1:

Woohoo, I am going to be an October bandster!:cursing:

Good luck to us all!