Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Yeah for all of the October Bandsters!!

I am on the diet shakes in the morning Slim Fast and for lunch and then I eat a salad at supper.

I bought some EAS Protein Shakes for after surgery.

I have lost 12 lbs in two weeks! I have been walking a mile or two every evening also and I think that has helped alot.

I can't wait to hear about everyones success after surgery!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OCTOBER BABIES :crying:

What a great gift to get in your birthday month!

Renita

My birthday is in November, but I'm considering 10/29 my "rebirth"... I'm going to get a new start! I will have the opportunity to make new choices that lead to a brand new me. :crying:

After being denied in June, I have finally been approved for surgery on Oct. 7. I first started thinking about this surgery last summer and began the actual process in April of this year. It has been a long road but worth it.:crying:

I have a quick question: what is the group name for October bandsters? Is it Smashing Pumpkins??? Just wanna play along now that I have a surgery date/month! Wooohoooo!!!!!

Bridgette.. I was wondering the samething. The only thing I had seen for October was smashing pumpkins, but it does not really go with the "month" theme.. hmmm wonder what it is ... I had my pre op today everyone and it went great.. My journey is just beginning and the path to the new me is looking super great.. I have lost 14 lbs since my last visit on 08/22. I almost wanted to stand on the scale again before I left to make sure it was right HA HA .. hope everyone is well :wub::thumbup::biggrin:

Edited by meschultz

Sassy.. Congrats on being approved.. this is just the most amazing journey we are all on and it is nice to have so many amazing people to talk to :biggrin: about it..

My birthday is October 15th. I have my cardiac testing in the morning at 9:00. I need prayers that I will pass this test. Heart disease runs in my family. I have been taking cholestrol medicine for about 15 years. After they fax everything next week I will see the surgeon in another week and they are looking for surgery to be anywhere between my birthday and the 28th. Now I am getting a little scared. But also excited. What kind of pre surgery diet are y ou going on to shrink the liver?

Cheryl

NICE TO SEE ALL THE NEW FACES! Welcome newcommers! I am so excited for ALL of us! WE are almost there... I can't believe that after all the months of debating, and waiting, WE ARE ALMOST THERE!

Today, I found out my 2 weeks pre op diet consists of "Liquids" only..2 - 3 Protein Shakes ( Atkins Advantage or EAS Atkins from Walmart Pharmacy), sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles and sugar free pudding. Drink non-carbonated Water, flavored water, tea, green tea, diet soda, coffee and diluted fruit juice ( 1/2 juice and 1/2 water). Sounds like it's easy. I can handle this. I will start Monday, 22nd!!!

Congrats and welcome October Bandsters,

Sweet Gothic

No, I don't know. I have in here somewhere that a few had to have thier gall bladder removed sometimes after being banded due to stopped eating fats.

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of the October group. I had been so upset about being denied in June. I had to go through the appeal process. I like the name "Smashing Pumpkins."

My doctor only requied me to take off 15 lbs prior to surgery to shrink my liver. I don't have to do the liquid thing.

Cheryl,

I have coronary heart disease (3 stents) and my cardiologist is VERY happy I am doing the lap band. (not so excited about the gastric bypass for me) So don't worry about the tests- the further they check the more knowledge you (and they) will have.

My surgery is Oct 2nd and I am vey excited!! My doctor requires full liquid 48 hours before surgery. Every doctor appears to be different, and it probably depends on the patient, too.

Good luck!!!

Bev

I'm thrilled! I'm going to the surgeon's office today and pay my fee and pick up my pre-op packet/book so I can start reading before my class. I'll probably go by the diet store nearby as well to see what kind of Protein Shakes they have so I can get some and start trying them. I figure if I stop eating Breakfast and do the shake thing in the mornings, that'll help jumpstart me on my liquid phase and will get me used to liquids for nurishment and not refreshment. LOL

Bridgette.. that is what my husband and I did.. we started using the shake just for breakfast and then we phased in to using it for lunch.. our doctor only requires us on liquid for breastfast and lunch, but we will prob phase in all liquids the last two days before surgery just because that will help us adjust to all liquids after the surgery for that week. I am not sure what kind of Protein Shake your doctor has recommended, but I spend a few bucks trying out different ones and let me just recommend a few.. I really enjoy and use the chocolate slim fast low carb it is most cost effective and really fills you up... I have also tried the Adkins advantage chocolate one and it was pretty good..little pricer then slimfast, but maybe you could find them at sams club if you have one near you.. That is where I buy my slimfast.. I would stear clear of Isopure because well you will be so pure after drinking it.. It was AWFUL ha ha..

I also tried the musle milk light which was just ok. again for the price i always go back to slimfast. I emphasize on the price because I have to buy everything for two people since it is me and my husband. So I was looking for healthy and less exspensive Gotta count our pennys for now.. I figure once we get through all this our grocery bill will go down. However, i think we will stick with the slimfast shake for at least breakfast for always It has been a really easy breakfast ..

I wish you well today. Good luck on your Protein Drink hunt :thumbup: