Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I just got the book "weight loss surgery for dummies" , lots of info.. It has says to take pic. and measurements before surg. and then start to journel and write down the things you think you will be able to do when you start losing the weight and that will be a great goal starter. I thought it was a great idea. It also has sample menu's for liquid diet then soft foods. It has been answering a lot of my questions. It also gives a lot of other web sites to check out.

Good luck to all those who are on their liquids.!

I just got the book "weight loss surgery for dummies" , lots of info.. It has says to take pic. and measurements before surg. and then start to journel and write down the things you think you will be able to do when you start losing the weight and that will be a great goal starter. I thought it was a great idea. It also has sample menu's for liquid diet then soft foods. It has been answering a lot of my questions. It also gives a lot of other web sites to check out.

Good luck to all those who are on their liquids.!

In your opinion, was the book primarily geared towards gastric or did it have separate sections for lap banders? I know the liquid diets etc are probably the same for both types of patients, but I was curious. I was thinking of heading to the book store this week to see what they have before ordering online. I love to look through the books before buying them to see what they're all about. I'm usually a novel reader, so this would be out of my reading range, but for my new lifestyle, it'll be worth it! :cry_smile:

Fellow Liquid dieters........ Has anyone experiences muscles pains in upper abdomen and upper back ??? I dont know what it is but I just feel really weak today and it sucks.. I mean I am on day 5 I am not hungry or anything just really tired and achey.... :cry_smile::cool2:

I hope everyone else is doing well..... Keep on drinking our liquid food.. we are 1 days closer to our surgery day :w00t: :mellow:

In your opinion, was the book primarily geared towards gastric or did it have separate sections for lap banders? I know the liquid diets etc are probably the same for both types of patients, but I was curious. I was thinking of heading to the book store this week to see what they have before ordering online. I love to look through the books before buying them to see what they're all about. I'm usually a novel reader, so this would be out of my reading range, but for my new lifestyle, it'll be worth it! :cry_smile:

I went to Barnes & Nobel and they only had the one book. It has all types of weight loss surgery in it, but mainly gastric and lap band. I wish they had a better selection.

Fellow Liquid dieters........ Has anyone experiences muscles pains in upper abdomen and upper back ??? I dont know what it is but I just feel really weak today and it sucks.. I mean I am on day 5 I am not hungry or anything just really tired and achey.... :cry_smile::tt2:

I hope everyone else is doing well..... Keep on drinking our liquid food.. we are 1 days closer to our surgery day :):mellow:

I don't know, but I sure hope you feel better! It'll be worth it in the long run! :cool2:

Cyndy~ Thanks. I'll have to look for it when I go "walking" in the mall, later. :w00t:

Ok, now some of you may not know about this thread I posted.... I had a bunch of ideas/thoughts and didn't want to totally hijack this thread (I've been pretty chatty already) so here's a link... what do y'all think? Please read it and give me some ideas. I'm too excited to just sit and wait for my surgery. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f282/what-have-you-done-so-far-76609/

hi all,i got a weird question i saw the dietician few weeks back and got the diet im to be on brfore surgery im surprized its not a liquad diet?says i cant eat certaon foods till day suregry.does that sound right?

Nazzy ... Every doctor has a different diet they want you to be on So I would just follow the one your doctor has given you.. I am sure it is very low to no carb that is the trick. All pre op diets are to help shrink your liver so that there is more room to work and less chance of damaging other organs.. Anyways best thing is to follow what your surgeon says :cry_smile: Besides he is the one you want to trust the most :mellow: I hope everything goes well with your pre op diet and surgery.

As far as Protein powders.. I do not use a powder. I use the Ready to drink slimfast low carb it works best for me.

Bridgette.

I am feeling a little better right now.. Thank you.. The closer it gets to going home time the better I feel ha ha.. But I am going to cuddle up in my bed when I get there and nap :cry_smile: hopefully that will help as well.

Hey everyone! I know that October seems like forever away, but I was just seeing if there is anyone out there that wants some help and support through the long days leading up to the best thing that will every happen to us!? Can't wait to hear some support and excitement.

Hi, yes i am an October bandster! I was approved on the 15th and my surgery is scheduled for October 1st! I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I have uhc and didnt have to do any 6 month diet or anything!

I only have to do a liquid diet for 2 days before surgery. I have heard that some people have to do 2 weeks! Boy, i am trying to mentally handle the upcoming 2 days! I am scheduled for my pre-ops on wednesday. Hope everything goes well with that.:cry_smile: