Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I am going to be banded on Oct. 21st. Scared...excited...and all that good stuff. It's to long away, I hate waiting.....:thumbup:

Hi Cyndy: Yes, me too--Oct. 21st. Good Luck:thumbs_up:

I am set for Oct 8th in Louisville KY. I can't wait, it seems like it took forever and now its so close! I just bought a huge canister of body fortress choc whey Protein at Walmart. It makes 28 shakes and was only $12. I hope I like it. I go in for pre-op on Sep 23 and I start my liquid diet on Oct 1st. I am very curious of the detailed instructions for this so called "liquid diet". That sounds so awful to do before the band. Nothing to make you feel full at all. But its definatley worth it.

Hey! My surgery is set for the exact day as yours :thumbup:

My pre op is Sept. 25th so please post to let me know how yours goes on the 23rd!

am so excited..

Renita

My surgery is also scheduled for Oct 8th in Louisville. My husband's is Oct 7th. We're going through St. Mary's.

Lisa

My surgery is Oct 6 and I start my preop on mon. what is everyone having for the last meal? I keep telling my dh that is it no more this no more that I think he is getting tired of me saying that. Anyone else from Oct 6 want to be my buddy? I can realyl use someone else to help me with this preop diet and through the surgery.

Hi Cyndy: Yes, me too--Oct. 21st. Good Luck:thumbs_up:

Thanks maybe we can keep in touch. Where are you getting your surg? Do you have to do a 2 week liquid diet? Im nervous about that.

Good luck to you too.:embaressed_smile:

BRIDGETTE... Glad you read all your info packet.. and I would suggest telling your family what you are doing and going through that way everyone will be supportive and not trying to shove food in your face.. MY husband was unsure of telling people about it, but I discussed those issues with him.. told him if he did not tell people they would be trying to give him food he did not need or did not want..Now of course I was like only tell the people we are close to you dont have to tell every random person.. But he has told his family and a few co workers and our close friends and he feels a lot better about and everyone is being extremely supportive which is helping him even more :embaressed_smile:

TO EVERYONE ---- congrats on your surgery dates. Best of luck on your liquid diets.. They really are not as bad as they seem. I have been on mine since Wednesday of last week and I have to say the hardest day was the first, but the Protein Shakes really do help to keep you full.. Just remember why you are doing this and keep busy and active and you will be fine :cursing: it is all going to be worth it. The 2 weeks before will make the all liquid diet after that much easier :mellow:

i will get my band oct 6 at 7:30 am got to be at the hosp at 5:30. i am already on the liquid diet. have been for 5 days. yesterday i had a hard time but i hope things go bettet today. i will be in silver cross hosp. in Joliet il.

:embaressed_smile: Hi everyone,

I have made a couple of posts, but mostly lurking!!

I decided not to fight with the insurance companie and do a self pay. I am close to Great Lakes Medical so I am going that route. I am a little worried about spending my savings with all of the financial woes in the news.

I am a lower BMI I guess 36-37. I only have to do a week pre-op and my surgery is Oct 17th! I am have a good response from mostly everyone, but a few people tell me it is extreme. I have thought about it for two years now, and it's the right choice.

I would love to set my signature up. If you make a ticker for your weight loss, how to you add it? And is October the Smashing Pumpkins? I wouldn't mind adding a picture as well.

It's great to see so many of us are making the plunge in October! I am a worried that the Protein diet before surgery is going to be hard, I am hungry all of the time :cursing: I am also worried that the weight is going to be very slow for me. Of course giving up Diet Coke hasn't happened yet, but will very soon. And the thought of no more Pasta, even in small amounts is a little sad (but worth it). I just ordered the book I keep seeing on here.

Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band by Robert W. Swell from Half.com.

Ok, I am rambling and I want to work on the signature. Good Luck everyone and I hope we will all be healthy and have more confidence in the near future~!~!

Hi everyone! We're another day closer to our journey to fitness!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm making my wish list today. All the things I have always wanted to be able to do but haven't been comfortable to do so because of my weight. I want to keep this so if the scale isn't moving as fast as I may like, I can look for NSV's like the things on my list.

Meshultz~ I'm going to tell my family, but I'll wait til they're back from their vacation.. I don't want them to spend their vacation worrying abotu me, LOL. I know I'll need the support and understanding to know shove food in my face just "because it's tiime to eat"...

Hi Bridgette,

I saw the book mentioned in this thread, so hopefully it will arrive soon. I am so very excited!!

Ok, feeling silly here but, I managed the picture and I can't figure out how to add the WL ticker? I mdae one, but where do you put it? And if anyone doesn't mind helping, is Smashing Pumpkins the theme for the October bandsters? Thanks much!