Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Alteration..... My surgery is also on Oct 1st I have to be there at 5:45 am and buy 8 am hopefully I will be banded.. I am so excited.. I wish you the best of luck.. I can't wait for this journey to begin.. I am with you on the liquid thing for awhile. I have been doing my pre op diet for about 5 or 6 days now which is all liquids except one very small meal for dinner which consist of zero carbs.. It has been a very big learning experience.. ... well I just wanted to say hi..

Leann I wanted to wish you luck as well. that is a lot of travel to do after surgery.. iS it cheaper in texas? or do you just know the doctor there??? I hope everything goes well for you two..

Ok I was trying to add the "smashing pumpkins" to my signature, but apparently I dont have enough lines avail to put it :redface: why is the code so long:(

Don't feel bad about getting in on the conversations...I am in teh same boat!! I feel like I am just a lurker...I have posted twice adn no comments back...I will read up to see if there is some info I am missing....BTW, when is ur surgery?

ANGELX5------Sorry about missing your post... No one here means to miss anyones post, but sometimes if it is a day or so your a lot of post happen since the last time you were on you might just miss it..

I wanna say CONGRATS... on your upcoming surgery.. we are all nervous.. But of COURSE SUPER EXCITED :) I agree with you I wanna live the rest of my life so much healthier then the first part.. Keep us posted on your progress and ask any questions you want.. I try to look back if I have not been on for awhile.. I have been so icky feeling today though so I have not been as good as posting today..

I love this thread everyone is super friendly and we all have our surgery month in common and that is awesome... :)

Hope you are well :redface:

Hey Everyone! Brand new member here in Texas. Want to wish everyone that has or will have their surgery the best of luck. My band date is exactly 2 weeks away. Hope this is going to be a place of inspiration and support. Will be having my surgery at Baylor in Ft Worth.

Start the two week pre op diet tomorrow. Why does it seem easier to give up something on your own than when you are told you CAN"T have them? Crazy isn't it?

If any DFW posters are around would love to hear from you!

later :redface:

Longhorngirl.. welcome to the group of october bandsters.... Congrats on your surgery date.. Mine is on Oct 1st... I have been on preop for a few days now it is not so bad... It is all worth it because you know you are working for an amazing goal.. keep us posted on your progress.. HOpe everything is well.. again Congrats :redface:

Welcome aboard, LongHornGirl! You're already doing very well, I see! Congratulations!! I know you're very excited about your upcoming surgery! You'll do great. Please keep us posted! =)

We should create a list of names (or aliases) with surgery dates so we can keep track and send out emails of encouragement just prior to surgery and can followup after. I would be happy to do this. I just need everyone to send me their info and I will compile the list. I will start with mine. :smile:

Short n' Sassy (Barb) - 10/7/08

Ok, I'm going to do a shout out for the October bandsters in another thread. Let's tell a little summary of ourselves. You don't have to divulge too personal of info, just some interesting things about you. So that we can feel like we know eachother better.

We are going to have to lean on eachother soon, b/c no one else will get it like we GET it.

So Look for my thread about getting to know the smashing pumpkins!

I started going back through previous messages to record surgery dates. Here is a list of what I have so far. I will continue adding to the list:

MESCHULTZ - 10/1

NFAITH - 10/2

MAMAC - 10/2

NEWLIFE4 BEV - 10/2

SWEETGOTHIC - 10/6

DAYDREAMER1 - 10/6

SIM78 - 10/6

MIMILOU - 10/7

SHORT N' SASSY - 10/7

LONGHORN GIRL - 10/7

CELLIS82 - 10/7

KAREBARE714 - 10/8

LISALEF - 10/8

LEANNMORTON - 10/14

CHERYL1952 - 10/15

ANGELX5 - 10/16

JOSIEGURL - 10/17

NEWGRAMA0904 - 10/17

VICKIE - 10/21

ILLINOISHUSKER - 10/24

Let me know if I have an incorrect date.:smile:

Sassy... Super good idea.. we can all use the support for sure :smile: Thanks for offering up your time to gather the dates :wink_smile: