Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Lap Band world. Well, my surgery is set for Oct.14. I must say that I'm very happy. It took a long time to get approved but I must say that they didn't let me down.

Start Weight: 285

Surgery Date: October 14, 2008

Dr. Ganta, Austin, TX

I'm still on for October 9th - two weeks from today.

Went to the office today and got the pre-op diet. It won't be easy, but I'll survive and at least it's not all liquid.

9-11 ounces of lean protein/day

2 servings of fruit

2 servings of veggies

64 ounces of Water

sugar free Jello, sugar free popsicles, and bouillion are free foods.

Here we go!

Hey Smashing Pumpkins!

I had my pre-op testing today..EKG,upper GI, bloodwork,gallbladder x-ray.

It all went really well except drinking that chalky white stuff so they could see it on the x-ray. GROSS.

Anyway, my results should be back by Monday Sept 29th the day I am supposed to start a mostly liquid Protein diet (10 days till surgery from that date) anyway, my question is I understand the reason we have to do all of the Protein stuff after surgery but why is it so important before? Does it shrink the liver?

I guess I can ask the doctor/nurse specifically but just curious if anyone here had an idea.

I have never been one to read labels (obviously-lol) although now, I have been to see protein,sugars,carbs,fiber because of the great knowledge I have learned from fellow bandsters on what I need and what my "hurt" my success once I am banded October 8th.

Thanks in advance if anyone can share about the pre-op protein..and it may already be posted somewhere on lapbandtalk but I haven't found it yet.

Renita~

HEY EVERYONE :tongue2:

I feel like I missed out on so much the past two days and I still have not had time to read all the post.. to all the never October bandsters.. WeLCOME and my best wishes.. To everyone on pre op.. we are staying strong right :wink2:

My hubby had his surgery yesterday and he is doing great.. I hope my recovery and surgery go as great as his have been.. I figured his first surgery and all it might have been tough, but he is doing amazing..

well I am going to try to get some rest since i am running on like 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours.. take care and I will try to catch up tomorrow. well wishes to everyone..

Sassy.. that list is getting huge :wub: You go girl.. thanks for all your hard work in keeping track of the dates

Please add me to the Smashing Pumpkins' realm of love!!

My surgery will be taking place on October 8th, 2008! Oooh yea!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

Renita I thought your signature pic is for all the 10/08/08'rs.

I hope you dont mind me using it :tongue2: good luck!

Edited by LoveIslovely

Yes the list is growing, but I don't mind keeping it updated. It only takes a couple of minutes.

Meschultz - 10/1

linro123 - 10/1

9pdmnm5 - 10/1

wvprisonrn - 10/1

salome000 - 10/1

nfaith - 10/2

mamac - 10/2

newlife4 bev - 10/2

slim-n-tn - 10/2

vidahlia - 10/2

markfarnsworth - 10/2

nfaith - 10/2

msundastood - 10/3

brandie - 10/3

garysmithey - 10/3

bandedcg - 10/6

sweetgothic - 10/6

daydreamer1 - 10/6

artistapril - 10/6

roxann - 10/6

deeh - 10/6

sim78 - 10/6

mark2842 - 10/7

harleyc - 10/7

odawa - 10/7

mimilou - 10/7

nightart6 - 10/7

short n' sassy - 10/7

melboyd - 10/7

longhorn girl - 10/7

cellis82 - 10/7

karebare714 - 10/8

birchmoon - 10/8

tiaj - 10/8

lisalef - 10/8

loveislovely - 10/8

renita - 10/8

triciat - 10/9

socalcass - 10/9

karenk - 10/9

morkiecoco - 10/10

vandih - 10/13

fabnatsdiva - 10/13

msk1968 - 10/13

travelinsorkel - 10/13

missundastood - 10/13

crimsondawn - 10/14

leannmorton - 10/14

mamary5 - 10/14

sexievilyellow - 10/14

myturn - 10/14

cheryl1952 - 10/15

alteration - 10/15

angelx5 - 10/16

tracie30 - 10/16

josiegurl - 10/17

shadowland - 10/17

newgrama0904 - 10/17

swalesfcc - 10/17

nazzy - 10/20

vickie - 10/21

gottabthin - 10/21

cyndyg - 10/21

jogirl - 10/22

illinoishusker - 10/24

tyme2getrite - 10/24

ebonie1015 - 10/27

knny79 - 10/27

bridgette - 10/29

lauriel - 10/29

dirigo - 10/29

knickerbocker - 10/29

kygirl31 - 10/30

Loveislovely:

I don't mind you using my smashing pumpkin date tag...especially since we have the same date:thumbup:

Good luck to you.

Renita

Please add me to the Smashing Pumpkins' realm of love!!

My surgery will be taking place on October 8th, 2008! Oooh yea!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

Renita I thought your signature pic is for all the 10/08/08'rs.

I hope you dont mind me using it :tongue2: good luck!

Renita - My understanding is that the high Protein, low fat & carb diet before the surgery is to shrink the liver which lays over the top part of the stomach.

I started mine last night. I've warned the one person I work with who knows I'm having it done that I may be a complete bear the next two weeks. I should warn my daughter, too.

Thanks Karen..that is funny about warning everyone about possible "behaviors"-lol

I am so with you on that!! My 14 year old daughter informed me she would be in her room the next two weeks!

My mother-in-law was on Adkins once and she and my daughter went to the mall to shop...well my daughter came home saying "nana needs to eat some M & M's mom"..that was one of her favorites that she was doing without. It was funny because usually they have fun...but poor nana was in withdrawal.

Good luck on the 9th.

renita

I AM!!! I never thought that I would be saying that I am getting the LB. I never dreamed that my insurance would approve me but they did. I am so anxious to have my surgery. I'm a bit nervous though. :tongue2: Well I just wanted to join the group. I know that I will have several questions later on down the road. I am glad that we all have each other to lean on for support! :wink2:

Hello everyone. I'm new to the Lap Band world. Well, my surgery is set for Oct.14. I must say that I'm very happy. It took a long time to get approved but I must say that they didn't let me down.

Start Weight: 285

Surgery Date: October 14, 2008

Dr. Ganta, Austin, TX

Are you having the single incision LB done? Just curious.... I think that's great! :tongue2:

:whatchutalkingaboutOctober 2nd for me. I am so excited, nervous, scared and disgusted all at the same time. Anyone else??

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, nervous and scared.

I hit disgusted yesterday when I got on the scale and saw the results of my two week long "last meal" binge.