Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning Junies..

Well, I am extremely sore! We went kayaking yesterday and wow I am feeling it today! It was alot of fun, 5 miles and 4 hours later (stopped for a picnic lunch). We went and saw Kathy Griffin Friday night and she was hilarious. It was a really great weekend. I have put off packing for our trip and now I am starting to panic lol. We fly out on Friday and I haven't packed one thing. Usually I am packed a month ahead of time. :thumbdown: I have to dig through my girls closets since they keep borrowing all my new clothes. That is the good and bad thing of being the same size as them. I will be snagging a couple of their casual dresses for my trip. I am excited to see my baby sister in Fl we found out a couple of weeks ago she is having twins! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.. this thread has been quiet lately. Long how was your hike???

I did it!! I made the climb to the top of that trail this past weekend. I'm attaching a photo. It went to 12,205 feet or over 2 miles high. It was so cold, it was 86 when we left home and I wore shorts. It was 42 at the bottom of the climb and colder at the top and the wind chill was bitter cold, my ears hurt so bad. IT was above timberline so no trees to buffet the wind either. It was a very emotional moment for me to make it.

Then some more excitement yesterday morning. A bear broke into our vehicle and ate all our food while we were in a tent a couple feet away. Never been so scared in my life. But other than that had a great time.

Allie, I never pack til the night before a trip. You can do it! I forget where you are going but sounds like maybe FL???

post-237428-13813138529521_thumb.jpg

I did it!! I made the climb to the top of that trail this past weekend. I'm attaching a photo. It went to 12,205 feet or over 2 miles high. It was so cold, it was 86 when we left home and I wore shorts. It was 42 at the bottom of the climb and colder at the top and the wind chill was bitter cold, my ears hurt so bad. IT was above timberline so no trees to buffet the wind either. It was a very emotional moment for me to make it.

Then some more excitement yesterday morning. A bear broke into our vehicle and ate all our food while we were in a tent a couple feet away. Never been so scared in my life. But other than that had a great time.

Allie, I never pack til the night before a trip. You can do it! I forget where you are going but sounds like maybe FL???

[ATTACH]17142[/ATTACH]

:thumbup::thumbup: WOO HOO LONG!!:cursing::thumbup:

CONGRATS! You look so proud of yourself and you should be! I would have had a heart attack about the bear though! I am glad he went for the car and not your tent! We are going to FL.. Disney here we come. I would be a mess if I waited till the night before..lol. I am so excited to wear all my new sexy dresses I bought! Hubby had a great time picking out dresses for me to wear and it was so fun!

Thanks, Allie. Dresses?? what are those??? I've not worn one in many years. Might have to soon as DD and her boyfriend are talking getting engaged. EGADS!! I have too many issues with my calves for dresses. In fact just posted a question for Dr. Schulman on the plastic surgery board about calves and he said there's not much they can do for them. So I don't see a reason to ever do something for my thighs as then my legs would look out of balance or something if I had trim thighs and fat calves.

Suddenly I'm not feeling so well. I ate lunch and got a sortta stuck feeling. First I sortta PB'd but even that was different, then I started retching like vomiting and it was so different than any PB I've ever had. I hope the retching didn't do anything to the band, think I am going to go lie down. I have terrible stomach cramps too so it's gotta be more than being 'stuck'.

Thanks, Allie. Dresses?? what are those??? I've not worn one in many years. Might have to soon as DD and her boyfriend are talking getting engaged. EGADS!! I have too many issues with my calves for dresses. In fact just posted a question for Dr. Schulman on the plastic surgery board about calves and he said there's not much they can do for them. So I don't see a reason to ever do something for my thighs as then my legs would look out of balance or something if I had trim thighs and fat calves.

Suddenly I'm not feeling so well. I ate lunch and got a sortta stuck feeling. First I sortta PB'd but even that was different, then I started retching like vomiting and it was so different than any PB I've ever had. I hope the retching didn't do anything to the band, think I am going to go lie down. I have terrible stomach cramps too so it's gotta be more than being 'stuck'.

Oh jeez long I hope you are feeling better now! That sounds scary! You are too funny with your legs. I love wearing dresses now since I never did before. I think my legs look pretty good and try not to focus on them though. :P Let us know how you are doing, I will be thinking about you and praying you are 100 % back to normal xoxo

Thanks Allie, feeling much better. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or just a really bad stuck episode. I've never experience stomach cramps though if I had a stuck or PB episode. And the room was spinning etc. I lyed down and was much better when I got up.

DH and I discussed my leg issues last night and he really helped me put it into perspective. I need to focus more on all the positive attributes of my body now and stop looking at my calves. He wears a 17" neck in a dress shirt, I said my calves are as big as your neck! And these legs had to carry a lot of weight for many years and I am thankful that they did so I will appreciate them more. I think they bothered me so much as DH has said before that my legs were the first thing he noticed about me, but he's still attracted to me legs and all.

Thanks Allie, feeling much better. I'm not sure if it's something I ate or just a really bad stuck episode. I've never experience stomach cramps though if I had a stuck or PB episode. And the room was spinning etc. I lyed down and was much better when I got up.

DH and I discussed my leg issues last night and he really helped me put it into perspective. I need to focus more on all the positive attributes of my body now and stop looking at my calves. He wears a 17" neck in a dress shirt, I said my calves are as big as your neck! And these legs had to carry a lot of weight for many years and I am thankful that they did so I will appreciate them more. I think they bothered me so much as DH has said before that my legs were the first thing he noticed about me, but he's still attracted to me legs and all.

That's awesome! You definetly should focus on your accomplishments and realize how great you look!!! I have things I am not happy with as well, I just have learned that even super models have parts they are not happy with. Just think a year ago you would have never believed you would look as great as you do now! I know I look at my pre band pics and say I prayed and prayed to look like I do now! It amazes me. We are the success stories, we accomplished what we never thought possible, we are amazing, we are hotties!! Even your calves are hot! :biggrin: :redface:

That's awesome! You definetly should focus on your accomplishments and realize how great you look!!! I have things I am not happy with as well, I just have learned that even super models have parts they are not happy with. Just think a year ago you would have never believed you would look as great as you do now! I know I look at my pre band pics and say I prayed and prayed to look like I do now! It amazes me. We are the success stories, we accomplished what we never thought possible, we are amazing, we are hotties!! Even your calves are hot! :wink5: :biggrin:

You are so right, when I had surgery last June I never imagined I would be where I am now. I was just going to be happy if I could get into a size 16 in a normal store. Size 12 was my ultimate dream goal and I am sitting here typing this in my, though very tight, size 8's! It's a dream come true. I am contemplating wearing my 8's to my sisters (both sisters will be there) to dinner tonight. But am afraid they are a little too snug and also that I was being a little too smug. They were so nasty to me over the years for my weight and it just feels good. They told me before that I was pissing them off once I started getting into 14's and 16's. :redface:

Hey girls,

Glad everyone is doing well. We are having a busy summer. I'm sure you all remembe what it is like to have small children and always on the go. I am just thankful that I can be on the go!

Hey Long, glad you got over the sick feeling. Hope the dinners with your sis's went well.

Lucy

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Just think, last year at this time we were at various stages recovering from our June surgeries. What a difference a year makes huh? This board has been really quiet, I hope that is because everyone is out and enjoying their new bodies and new lifestyles. But come back and check in once in a while. I miss ya! Have a great weekend.

Hi Junies! Just a quick note to say I had my 2nd fill yesterday - now I'm up to 4.5cc. I think this one will help, I'm still on liquids, but I can feel a difference.

I've officially lost 20.5 lbs since surgery March 31st 09. Not bad, not great, but that 20lbs is gone forever!

I absolutely have to start exercise! I'm still not very motivated to do it. I went to my surgeon's support group yesterday, and she says studies show for weight loss you really need 50 minutes of aerobic exercise 5 times/week, 30 is the minimum for maintenance. Plus at least 3x/week of strength training.

All I've been managing to do is a little gardening. (but I figure that's more than I was doing before!)

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hi Junies: Long, when I saw your picture of you at the top of the mountain, I thought you looked beautiful! Your legs do not look bad, really I think it's in your head. Not that it doesn't mean you will not feel good about your legs. I think we all have a body part that we become uncomfortable with. For me it's my upper arms. I hate them and now they look like bat wings with wrinkles and flesh hanging down. But you look stunning and I'm not BSing you. I wish I was out in Col with you. I'd go shopping for that special dress with you! Go for it Long, buy a dress and then send us pics.

Allie: Have fun on your trip to Disney! We were there early May and I love to go there. Send pics of you in your sexy dresses, Ouch! I bet you look hot. :-)

I am leaving on Thursday to fly out to Utah for 10 days. I just wish my DH was going with me. He doesn't have enough vacation time. Its my brother in law and sister in laws 25th anniversay. I am going to really miss him. We've never been apart this long. I am actually having anxiety over leaving him. :-(

Thanks, LIvn, you are probably right about my hating on my legs bit. I tried on some smaller capri pants yesterdy and they would've fit if only they'd fit in the calves, stuff like that just reinforces my calve issues. Oh well, I would so much rather put up with my calves than have the 126 lbs I've lost so far back on me!!

Where in Utah are you going? I lived in Sandy for a total of about 13 yrs (in a few different stints). It is beautiful there but I didn't like living there.

Hunzi, congrats on the 2nd fill, hopefully this one will give you more restriction. Why so long between fills, did you have good restriction with your first one?? Exercise I think is key. My exercise has been slacking lately and the scale has stopped moving. Connection???? I am sure so.

Hello everyone! Well we had a great trip to Disney and the best part is I am only 1 pound away from my goal of 160! I can't believe I lost weight while on vacation! We had such a great time it was like we were newlyweds! I will post pics later when I find the cord to upload them! I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you have a great weekend!