Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Allie, CONGRATS!!! I'm so super excited for you! That is awesome. Joann, it sounds like things are going really well for you! That's so exciting. When things are going good in direct sales, it makes everything in life so good. I'm relaly working to get my PC business back going to a level where I used to have it. It's hard, but I know I can do it! Gotta love all of the positives on this thread! I love hearing how great everyone is doing :biggrin: I've changed my goal weight. I was aiming for 148 which is another 30 pounds. I keep getting told I don't need to lose any more weight, etc and it's not coming off easily. I've gone from losing 3 pounds a week to maybe 5 pounds a month. I've decided to make my goal 160. That will put me at goal definitely by Christmas (especially if it continues at this super slow rate), but hopefully sooner. It's only another 18 pounds :biggrin: Hope everyone has a great evening!

:cool:

Jennifer

Greetings, it's me, Long2BThin under my new name. I put in for a name change the day I hit goal, they finally approved and changed it today to Great2BThin.

Allie, Congrats!! That's awesome. I bet you feel wonderful.

Hunzi & Angel, good to see posts from both of you!

Angel, I have a 14cc band too, I have over 10cc's fill in it. I don't think (but am not positve) it can be too big for you with the right fills. It might take a fill or two more for you. I know my dr tried putting in the 10cc band but had a hard time making it fit right so he put in the 14cc and put in 4cc fill at surgery and basically made it a 10cc from the get go and then I've had fills (many) since then. Glad you are starting to get restriction, a year is a long time to wait for that.

Jen, I am sure you can lose those 18 by Christmas! Glad you feel good about your new goal.

Well gals, I went shopping with my daughter today and first I got me a new 'goal outfit' at Ann Taylor Loft. I got pants, sweater and blouse so pretty!! And then we tried on mother of the bride dresses. Found one I really like at Dillards but just am not sure about buying one so early as the wedding isn't til next year. What if I lose more, what if I gain more, what if I find another I like, etc. etc. etc. And Dillards return policy is only 30 days. I can honestly finally say when I tried on that dress that I actually saw how much thinner I was. I jsut have a hard time seeing it most of the time, but haven't worn a dress in years so maybe it was because it was something different. My daughter said my butt looked great in the dress that dad would like it! LOL

Love your new name...how am I going to call you Great though?!?! You've always been Long to me :biggrin: I LOVE Loft! Did you have the friends and family 30% off coupon? If not, I can send it to you ( and if you feel up to it) you can take it back and get the 30% back. Just let me know. I'm planning on going on Wednesday to see what new beautiful things they have :biggrin: Let me know!

Thanks for the coupon offer, didn't know about that one but I did use one for 20% off. Though 30 would've been better, it's quite a drive to me to the store, I'd spend the 10% on gas, so will stick with what I got. Thanks for the offer though. I googled coupons before I went and didn't come up with any. They did take my email address today so hopefully I will get more coupons going forward. I also went to the Ann Taylor store, which I love too but didn't like anything I saw. They said they had a 'new designer', hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.

hi all!

Allie and Great(aka Long) ~ Congrats on reaching goal, that is fabulous!

Jen ~ you are a beutiful girl!!

Not much going on with me, just enjoying summer and slowly loosing, but every pound counts and am just so happy with how active I am this summer. Still working on mastering slalom skiing, but for now enjoying skiing on two.

hey some how my ticker got reset to 0...I'll need to fix that when i weigh myself....I really don't step on the scale any more...how strange it is after all those years of the love hate realtionship with the scale, that that number does not mean anything to me any more..

Good morning, Junies!

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning for the first time after my fill last week. I'm hoping I can finally break the 400 pound barrier! I'm still struggling a little bit with learning the difference between feeling full or if something just isn't going down smoothly. I'm afraid I'm mistaking the feelings for the latter and then just forcing food down my band or stretching my pouch.

Why am I so afraid of being hungry? I seem to eat more than I have to because I'm afraid of getting hungry too soon later on. It's the same reason I still over-order at restaurants and such, I'm always afraid it won't be enough, because that's how it's felt my entire life.

I am slowly learning though. This morning I ordered a Breakfast sandwich from the cafeteria in my building and I kept staring at the "home fries" in the warmer. It's so hard to convince myself that I don't need more than the sandwich--in fact, I ate half of the sandwich and put the rest in the fridge (even though I wanted to finish it), and now I have breakfast for tomorrow. I think I could have actually stopped after a few bites, but it's the same thing as what I just said; I don't know if it was because a bite didn't go down well, or because I'm full enough. So frustrating.

I'm also going to try to make it out for a walk after work, but it's supposed to storm. The forecast for pretty much the next week is rain, and I'm tired of it! We've had more rainy days this summer than sunny ones, which is unusual for this area.

Angel,

I know how you feel about ordering too much. I'm working thru it too. Last time we hit a fast food place, I actually just ordered a sandwich and a drink! And just had 2 or 3 of DH's fries. Not bad for 11pm after spending the whole day in DFW airport because our flight had major delays due to that loon at LaGuardia. And I had just had the 2 mini burgers w a few onion rings at lunch (TGIF) that day in the airport. I'm slowly learning!

Another thing that's a stretch for me is eating Breakfast everyday. I used to putter around in the morninings and eat around 11ish to 2pm. Now I'm hungry most mornings, and I'm trying to eat more Proteins, so eggs are on the menu a few times/wk when I used to eat them only a few times a year (I'm not a huge lover of eggs, but I've finally found if I saute a bunch of veggies -peppers/onions/garlic etc, then add eggs & cheese & scramble - I can do that because it isn't too eggy!)

I got another 1cc, so I'm up to 5.5ccs on this 3rd fill - I can tell a difference! I'm getting full faster. I jumped on the scale this morning and I broke 260! Now 258.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

I weighed myself last night and I'm down to 402, so I lost 6 pounds since my fill so far. Since I weighed myself at night, I expect 402 is a little higher than if I had weighed myself this morning (ran out of time). I've officially broken the 40-pounds-lost mark that has been eluding me for so long. I'm really going to buckle down the next few days and try try try to get under 400!

I didn't get my walk in last night, I got held late at work and only had enough time to get laundry done. It's supposed to rain today, but hopefully I can still get my booty out there.

Greetings to all my lovely June Bugs! You all are really doing great. I've had a few problems. Had to have band unfilled, then found out I have kidney and gall stones. Just passed a kidney stone the other day so in the respect I'm feeling better. Gallbladder doesn't seem to be bothering me to much. I'm gonna wait and see what happens before I have the gallbladder taken out. I'm in the process of getting my band refilled. I have a small band that only holds 4 cc of Fluid. I need to excercise but honestly,after a year, I just can't wrap my head around excersing. I'd rather have someone pull my teeth out without novacaine or have my toenails pulled off with no pain meds then excercise. What is my problem? You all keep up the great work.

Hi Junies!

Just a quick note to say "Yay! I walked 5x/week on my treadmill for 2 weeks in a row now!" Yay! I'm developing an exercise habit!

Not much to report on the weight front - sloooowly slipping downward - I saw 257 on the scale the other day (then up, down, up, down), but it will hang around and go down soon.

Clothes are fitting better - those size 18 dresses are looking better.

Think Pink!

Joann (Hunzi)

Wow! Just checking in and see this board is dead...Where did everyone go??? Allie, Long, Apples, Teach, Lucy and everyone else...hope you are all well. I'm doing just fine, still happily slowly loosing and enjoying the summer. :rolleyes:

Hey Vz! I came on here yesterday and was thinking that people must really be enjoying their last few weeks of summer!! I can't believe this is my last week before I have to go back to school (the kids come back the day after labor day). Part of me is excited about getting back in to a routine, but the part of me that likes to sleep in isn't looking forward to going back! I hope everyone is doing well. My weight is pretty stagnant right now, but I'm okay with that. I've been eating what I want and have drank more than I have in a while. I'm figuring getting back to school will help get those last 15 pounds off :rolleyes: Hope to hear from everyone soon! I miss you guys!!

Hey everyone! I am still alive, enjoying being unemployed. I got a little unfill and have finally stopped losing. I have been hanging out at the lake and beach with my kids enjoying this time with them before my oldest heads to college in 6 days. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!