Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

hey suzanne, thanks for the sympathy...hope i can run soon. been doing bits and pieces here and there. most ive tried was abot 1 1/2 miles. long weekend coming up so hopefully some time to myself.

TC all,

Carol

GA~ Thanks for the fanny kick! So we got a weather warning for an Arctic front moving in, supposed to be down in the teens tonight, so no running. I ended up removing all the irrigation pipe, draining hoses and putting them away and mowing today.

It had better be really cold tonight or I will be really mad!

ok all, i didnt tell anyone about this cuz i was afraid to build it up in my head again. i did the same race that i did last year as my first race. i did it running and walking. totally humid and hot. and i knew i wasnt up to running the whole thing. i didnt even train or prepare. but i did finish better than last year. by about 3+ mins.

today i had the day off and the kids were in school so i took advantage of having hubby take them to school and i ran. i went back to early c25k. did week 2. it was the first one i found. then next one i found in my player was week 10. it was all scrambled, so i stuck with wk 2. I was very happy that it wasnt much of a challenge. and i added about 5 mins on to the end b4 stopping. planning another tomorrow nite. i know not 2 days...but almost. I'll be about 10 hrs short of 2 full days. i think i can handle it. i also figured out that if i do the early weeks later on it can be used for training for faster times. i'm rebuilding my stamina, endurance and drive one step at a time.

TC all and ttys,

Carol

GA~ Thanks for the fanny kick!!

I need the kick now, Kristen! I haven't ran since Friday and I feel soooo sluggish. My eating has been terrible too! I will try and run tomorrow!

Kristen & GA... Here's my cyber kick <<(360)>> This is a 360 degree kick so it comes right back at me too! I feel positively gross... bloated, sluggish and slow. I haven't run in over a week. No excuses, just got lazy.

I've struggled to be motivated the last few months and I finally realized that my DH and I kept each other motivated and challenged. He's been layed up for about 2-3 months with a stress fracture on his foot, which means he hasn't been running. His foot has now fully healed and he had his first run today, and felt good. So I'm stoked and think this will really help get me back in gear. It was his Bday on Sat., so I got him the Wii Fit Plus. This is something that should also help both of us with the strength training side of things.

Kristen... sorry about the cold weather. We have a frost warning tonight and I can feel the snow in the air... I'm betting it will start snowing within the next week or so. Uggh! Thank goodness we have a treadmill, but I really do prefer outside.

Carol, congrats on the run and better time.

I've been following this thread (silently). This past weekend I ran my first 5K while pushing my baby in the jogger on rough terrain, I wanted to cry when I thought it was over and realized had to run around the giant track before finishing but I did it. I came in at 35 minutes. I've already scheduled my next race for Saturday the 24th, no baby this time, I'm hoping to come in under 32 minutes. Thank you for all the inspiration!!!

Hey Guys,

I'm just checking in. My foot has decided there will be no more running for me until after my surgery, which will be Nov. 17th. I'm hoping to be back on the treadmill by the first of the year.

Keep up the good work guys. I'll keep checking this thread to see how you are all doing while I wait for my turn to start the C25K again. DH started it yesterday, I'm jealous. :'(

Luu... congrats on your 5k. Your time is amazing with the baby along!

Suzanne... sorry you can't run any more for now, but once you heal we'll be cheering you on!

I played my first (and probably only) round of golf today for the season. With DH being layed up with his fractured foot, we didn't get a chance to go out at all this summer. DH got the approval to return to work tomorrow, so we decided to take off this afternoon and golf. It was excellent!!! I was absolutely horrible, but felt great, full of energy and just really enjoyed being outside. The weather is threatening snow, so I don't think we'll get any more chances this year. Too bad, it was fun.

Luu...congratulation! That is great!

Suzanne...sorry about the foot.

Kathy...sounds like you have fun golfing! Glad DH is better. Oh, and thanks for the cyber kick!

I did run today. I did week 3 again and I'm so glad I got my butt back in gear! My legs are burning, but I did it!

Hi Everyone! I started the C25K on Monday. I have started it a few other times and kept having foot issues. I finally went to a running store and had a gait analysis. I left with new shoes and a new motivation! I do have a question for you more experienced runners. What kind of workout are you all doing on your off days? Thanks for your help! :lol:)

I'm glad I found this thread!! I had googled "how to start running" yesterday and found the couch to 5K. I'm still very overweight in the 220's, and I haven't been working out for a while. I've been plateaued for about 2-3 months now, and I need to get moving. I probably need a fill too, but that's not in the finances right now.

I think I'm going to modify the plan for me... I'm going to start with just walking, then I'll add the jogging in November. And I'll probably do 15-second increments and work my way up slowly.

I'm super excited about this - the thought of running, muscles working, joints in motion - sounds euphoric. I've never done it, and can't wait until I can do the whole 5K!!

I finished W1D2 last night. So far so good! I did it on the treadmil at the gym and it worked great after I figured out how to increase and decrease the speed. I am so happy that I have found the C25K program!

Welcome jlray and coloradochick! Happy ya'll could join us!!

I have had a super busy week! I have not ran in over a week and I won't be able to tomorrow either. I will start back Monday. I plan on doing week 3 again since I missed a week.

I am going to get another fill Monday and we'll see if I am missing any Fluid this time. I'm sick of not being able to keep restriction!!

I ran Week 2 Day 1 yesterday without much problem even though I have a lot of soreness from another class I took at the gym. It was beautiful running weather here in Northern Virginia. I did really well in the beginning - had to push myself in the middle and recovered towards the end.

Today I am going to do Water aerobics at my gym. Hopefully I can work off more of the soreness from Saturdays class.

I have 236 days until my daughters wedding! I want to lose 40 pounds by then! :wink2:

I started Week 3 yesterday. It went well, but I couldn't believe how much my calves were burning! I walk at inclines of 8 or 9 for 10-15 minutes after doing the Couch-2-5K program, so I'm surprised that running a little longer made me feel the burn so much. All in all though, I’m happy with this program!