Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Congrats krtork!

Brandy, does the hip hop podcast tell you when to run and when to walk? Can you post a link to it?

Well, the doc said I have to have more surgery on my foot. Nov 17th. I'm bummed out but hopeful that this will fix it once and for all. I'll keep trying to run between now and then, but it's been hard on my knees due to my altered gait.

I didn't run Wed and Fri last week, so I'm going to start week 5 day 1 again tonight.

Suz's Podcast

Week 1 Playlist, Genre; Hip Hop

1. T.I. – Big Shit Poppin’

2. Flo-Rida – Low

3. Kanye West – Stronger

4. Diddy – Come To Me

5. Black Eyed Peas – The Boogie That Be

6. LL Cool J – Headsprung

7. Missy Elliott – Gossip Folks

Week 2 Playlist, Genre; Hip Hop

1. Kanye West – Gold Digger

2. Ludacris – Stand Up

3. Will Smith – Switch

4. Outkast – Bombs Over Bahgdad

5. Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get Retarded

6. Puff Daddy, Lil’ Kim, & Notorious B.I.G. – All About The Benjamins

7. DMX – Party Up

8. Lil’ Jon & the Eastside Boyz – Get Low

Week 3 Playlist, Genre; Hip Hop

1. Eve – Tambourine

2. TI – Bring ‘Em Out

3. Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy, & Lil’ Kim – Notorious

4. Ice Cube (Feat. Mack 10 & Ms. Toi) – You Can Do It

5. Eminem – Lose Yourself

6. Nelly, Puff Daddy, & Murphy Lee – shake Ya’ Tailfeather

7. Black Eyed Peas – Pump It

8. Ludacris – What’s Your Fantasy

Week 4 she didn't have time to record the walking/running queues so the first song is the warm up and each of the other songs you alternate run/walk. She picked songs that were the right time and she cut the other ones to be the right length.

Week 4 Playlist, Genre; Late 90s/Early 00s Top 40 Mix

1. Nelly – Ride Wit Me

2. Eazy E – Gimme Dat Nut (Full Song)

3. Mystikal – Danger (Been So Long)

4. Pink – Get The Party Started (Full Song)

5. Lady Marmalade

6. Prince – Pussy Control (Full Song)

7. 2 Live Crew – Hoochie Mama

8. Ludacris – You’s A Ho (Full Song)

9. Basement Jaxx – Red Alert

10. Fatboy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank

11. Timbaland – Luv 2 Luv U

Week 5 Playlist, Genre; Teen Pop

1. Christina Aguilera – Come On Over

2. Backstreet Boys – Everybody

3. Britney Spears – You Drive Me Crazy

4. 5ive – When The Lights Go Out

5. NSYNC – I Want You Back

6. Robyn – Show Me Love

7. SoulDecision – Faded

8. NSYNC – Tearin’ Up My Heart

9. Mandy Moore – candy

10. Backstreet Boys – Larger Than Life (Part 3 Only)

Week 6 Playlist, Genre; 80s

1. The Go-Gos – We Got The Beat

2. London Beat – I’ve Been Thinking About You

3. Pointer Sisters – I’m So Excited

4. Wham – Wake Me Up

5. Weather Girls – It’s Raining Men

6. Dexy’s Midnight Riders – Come On Eileen

7. Young MC – Bust A Move

8. Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger

9. Katrina & The Waves – Walking On Sunshine

Week 7 Playlist, Genre; 90s Hip Hop & R&B

1. Blackstreet – No Diggity

2. Tony Toni Tone – Let’s Get Down

3. Wreckz N Effect – Rump shaker

4. Janet Jackson – If

5. Blackstreet – Baby Be Mine

6. Skee-Lo – I Wish

7. Salt N Pepa – Whatta Man

8. Da Brat – Funkdafied

Week 8 Playlist, Puff Daddy and the Family

1. 112 – Only You (Remix Feat. Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy & Mase)

2. Mase – Feel So Good

3. Notorious B.I.G. – Mo Money, Mo Problems (Feat. Puff Daddy & Mase)

4. Faith Evans – All Night Long

5. Puff Daddy – All About The Benjamins (Feat. Notorious B.I.G., Lil Kim, & The Lox)

6. Lil Kim – Not Tonight (Remix Feat. Angie Martinez, Left Eye, Da Brat, & Missy Elliott)

7. Total – What About Us (Remix Feat. Timbaland and Missy Elliott)

8. Puff Daddy – Been Around The World (Feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Mase)

9. Notorious B.I.G. – Hypnotize

10. Puff Daddy – Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down (Feat. Mase)

Week 9 Playlist, Girl Groups

1. En Vogue – My Lovin’ (Never Gonna Get It)

2. TLC – Creep

3. Pussycat Dolls – Hot Stuff

4. Spice Girls – Wannabe

5. Danity Kane – One Shot

6. En Vogue – Free Your Mind

7. Mis-Teeq – Scandalous

8. Danity Kane – Damaged

9. Pussycat Dolls – When I Grow Up

10. Dream – This Is Me (Remix Feat. Kain)

11. Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious

Week 9 Playlist, Britney Spears

1. Oops!…I Did It Again

2. …Baby One More Time

3. Gimme More

4. Stronger

5. I’m A Slave 4 U

6. Break The Ice

7. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!)

8. Boys

9. Toxic

10. Overprotected

11. Do Somethin’

12. Anticipating

Thanks Brandy! I'll check it out!

Well I managed to drag my butt outta bed at 430 and run I am able to do the entire week 2 run so that's pretty sweet. Going to redo it for another week to get my body more adapt to it.

Sorry for the double post. I have a question...

The first 2 weeks of running my side muscles hurt from I believe the large breaths that I was taking... However now my ABS hurt front and center like I did a ton of sit ups.. Anyone else get this?

You guys are such an insperation. I thought I was doing great because I was able to get through 2 run sequences of the 8 run sequence of the 1st wk. Now I feel really lame. But like I told my husband it is a step up from my sedentary lifestyle that I had before. I am suppose to see my doctor on 9/29 and I want to have made some progress in the weight department before I have to go back and see him. Thank you guys for putting your encouraging words and progress out there.

Yeah Brandy! It always feel good to accomplish your goals. I am taking today off, really wanted to run, but my stomach is feeling pretty off - not sure what is going on, but did not feel like running was going to help!

Hoping to be back on the trail again tomorrow!

mcrowder~ Just keep at it! You will be surprised at how quickly you progress. You will look back in 3 months and you won't believe how far you can run!

today i ran my first 5k! i did the NY susan g. komen race for the cure in central park and finished in just under 33 minutes!

Congratulations!! Great job!!

Finished my first 10K this morning! Yeah! I don't have my official time yet, but nike+ said 1:12, not bad. I wanted to finish in under 1:15, so I accomplished my goal.

It was hot this morning and I usually run earlier when it is cooler - I was definitely feeling the heat. I felt like I didn't have as much left at the turn around. But I did finish and I was not last!

WTG Kristen!! That is wonderful!!

Well, the doc said I have to have more surgery on my foot. Nov 17th. I'm bummed out but hopeful that this will fix it once and for all. I'll keep trying to run between now and then, but it's been hard on my knees due to my altered gait.

Sorry you have to have surgery Suzanne. What a bummer. I'm praying that this surgery will fix your problem.

I am still on week one. I went to the gym today and ran on the treadmill and did some weights. Still no headaches...YIPEE!! It really sucks having to start over, but today was much easier than the last run.

My sister wants to do it with me, but she is still sick. I'm hoping she will be able to start next week, so I can move on. I don't want to get ahead of her, so I'll stay on week one for another week.

:tt1: hello everyone well i had my lapband surgery on tues sept 15 had to b at hospital by 5:30am surgery was at 7:30 i had to have adhesions removed plus i got the band i am really sore today husband is fussing as usual cause i wont get up and walk he doesnt want me to sit and rest as he thinks walking constantly is what i am supposed to walk and drink Water he knew i was supposed to drink but it only considered water as a liquid and only thought i was supposed to drink 30cc and hr and iF I drank anything else i was doing it all wrong and was gonna make my self sickk i had to read about the whole book the dr gave me so he would know and still dont think he believed me after all that i just cant walk from the time i get up until i go to bed i just cant as he wont let me rest just in my reclinner if i want to rest i have to go to bed he doesnt like me to b on the phone or on the computer he wants me to b sweeping the floor or mopping or getting onto the floor and making sure nothing is out of place he doesnt like papers or mail lying around and he really doesnt like for my friends to come and c me when they call and want to come over i am supposed to tell them we were just leaving he really doesnt like our grandsons to come over too much but when they do all magazines papers books the cofee table cleaned off he wants it to look as if no one lives here:frown:

You guys are such an insperation. I thought I was doing great because I was able to get through 2 run sequences of the 8 run sequence of the 1st wk. Now I feel really lame. But like I told my husband it is a step up from my sedentary lifestyle that I had before. I am suppose to see my doctor on 9/29 and I want to have made some progress in the weight department before I have to go back and see him. Thank you guys for putting your encouraging words and progress out there.

redo the weeks as many times as you want. no one cares but you... Christine who doesn't come on here much anymore once said.... You only cheat yourself. Think of it that way. I have lost 91 lbs I am close to goal and even I reran week 1 for 2 weeks and guess what!? Week 2 I decided to do 10 runs before I move on. I want to succeed and to do that I have to do what I am comfortable with. Not worry what others are doing or what someone else will think.

mcrowder~ Just keep at it! You will be surprised at how quickly you progress. You will look back in 3 months and you won't believe how far you can run!

Yep what she said. I couldn't walk a block now I run it.

:tt1: hello everyone well i had my lapband surgery on tues sept 15 had to b at hospital by 5:30am surgery was at 7:30 i had to have adhesions removed plus i got the band i am really sore today husband is fussing as usual cause i wont get up and walk he doesnt want me to sit and rest as he thinks walking constantly is what i am supposed to walk and drink Water he knew i was supposed to drink but it only considered water as a liquid and only thought i was supposed to drink 30cc and hr and iF I drank anything else i was doing it all wrong and was gonna make my self sickk i had to read about the whole book the dr gave me so he would know and still dont think he believed me after all that i just cant walk from the time i get up until i go to bed i just cant as he wont let me rest just in my reclinner if i want to rest i have to go to bed he doesnt like me to b on the phone or on the computer he wants me to b sweeping the floor or mopping or getting onto the floor and making sure nothing is out of place he doesnt like papers or mail lying around and he really doesnt like for my friends to come and c me when they call and want to come over i am supposed to tell them we were just leaving he really doesnt like our grandsons to come over too much but when they do all magazines papers books the cofee table cleaned off he wants it to look as if no one lives here:frown:

Please take a breath and use puncuation.

Sorry for the double post. I have a question...

The first 2 weeks of running my side muscles hurt from I believe the large breaths that I was taking... However now my ABS hurt front and center like I did a ton of sit ups.. Anyone else get this?

Nothing has helped my stomach more than running. I've tried every exercise out there and it took running to finally begin to flatten my stomach.

I'm going to try to keep running until my surgery, but I don't know if I'm going to make it off of week 5 day 1. I'm going to try W5D2 tonight but my knee and hip are really kicking up a fuss. I know it has to be because I favor that one foot. I just don't want to give up entirely. Surgery will be the week before Thanksgiving. I hope to be back on the program by New Year's, when I'll start over.....again....:tt1:

Nancysnead --- sounds like you and DH need to have a come to Jesus talk. Maybe you should post your thread, with some puncutation, in the Lap-Band Talk Lounge section of this forum since your comments weren't realated to running or C25K. Good luck to you.

Edited by SuzanneG

Suzanne~ I hope the surgery gets you back on your feet and feeling well! Keep running right up to the date if you can - that way you won't be behind. I think it is great that you have a plan in place to start running again after the surgery!!

GA~ So glad to hear that the headaches are gone and staying away. You will be back on the road in no time! I bet it feels great to get back at it. That is great that your sister wants to start with you. It is always nice to have support and someone else that is counting on you to be there - great motivator!

Well, I have been a lazy butt all week! Yikes! I am going to run tomorrow. I am actually feeling a bit better today.

krtork,

Thanks and enjoy your run today.

I did W5D2 last night. I had to push myself to do it, but as usual was so glad I did. Still having some knee and hip pain, but hoping I can hold out until Nov. I do plan to run up to the day before surgery. I did that before, but I won't try to run any 5ks until spring. :-(

Well today was my run day .... I have found that even though 430 am sucks... it's alot better weather to run in haha. There is no one around and it's nice and cool! I am still working on the week 2 as I have said 100 times I don't care how long it takes me to complete the program it's all about getting there. I have decided to do 10 runs per weeks in the program so right now I have done 4/10 runs. I am running every other day though so I don't have to take a 2 day break.