Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Kristen.... I was so much a "band geek" but it went beyond that... I was also a "choir geek"... all round nerd (and I do mean Round) LOL. I played the flute too.

Ok, I'm heading off for my race. The kids and DH were going to run it with me, but DH now has a stress fracture on his foot so is in a walking cast and off work to let it heal. So the kids and him are going to cheer me on at the half way point and then be there at the finish line.

I completed my race!!! And accomplished both goals... I ran the whole distance and completed it 1 min, 30 sec faster than last year!!! 42:09

Here's the pics...

post-220980-13813138754018_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813138754256_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813138754454_thumb.jpg

post-220980-13813138754657_thumb.jpg

Whoooo Hooooo Kathy!!! WTG!! Congrats for accomplishing both of your goals! Loved your pics too, you look so happy!

I haven't ran in few days, but plan on running sometime tomorrow. I am getting my much needed fill in the morning and I am sooooo glad! I REALLY need it!

Yeah Kathy!!! GREAT pics. Way to go!

GA, glad you're keeping at it.

It appears that I'm not going to get past week 6 until after my surgery. When I do the 25 straight minutes of running, my foot really complains. It's frustrating and running with limitations is sooooo hard. When I was training for a race, it kept me motivated but knowing I'm just running makes it feel a whole lot like being a hampster on a wheel. :-(

It appears that I'm not going to get past week 6 until after my surgery. When I do the 25 straight minutes of running, my foot really complains. It's frustrating and running with limitations is sooooo hard. When I was training for a race, it kept me motivated but knowing I'm just running makes it feel a whole lot like being a hampster on a wheel. :-(

Sorry Suzanne! I know that must be really frustrating. I'm sure after your surgery, you will heal up quickly and be running a 5k again in no time. Take care!

I got my fill today! I was missing 1 cc, but they still do not seem too concerned about it. I just hope this one will LAST! I'm going to wait until tomorrow to run. I've been on Clear Liquids today and only got 3 hours of sleep last night. I'm POOPED!

hey all,

Woo Hoo Kathy, YAY for u. im gonna walk tomorrow then go back to c25k. i really miss it, but feel like i need to rebuild the foundation.

went to a different running store today to research hr monitors and distance, etc. was looking at a garman FR 60 w/ foot pad. best value that i can afford. looking for feedback on it if y'all know.

hubby shocked me today when we were there, he was soooo suppportive, bought me a runner girl magnet for my car even. he also wants to get me a light for when i run at nite since the days are getting shorter and it seems the only real time i have to run. I know its small stuff, but made me feel really good especially since he was getting motivated too.

not sure that i told y'all, but i had a very rough weekend. friday i was picking up my daughter from school. left my 14 y/o son in the car. came out of school and saw a car parked next to mine. they pulled away and my son realized that the "person" in the car had opened my car door and took my purse. he didnt even notice it was so fast. and they had the nerve to do it with him in the car. im actually glad he didnt do anything cuz he could have been hurt if he tried to stop them. the a$$holes (sorry for language) got everything of my id credit cards of course and my mp3. so no tunes when i run unless i can find my son's nano.

only good thing about putting stuff like my license back is that my old licnese was from when i was at my heaviest and not a blond. lol. this pic is much better on my license. tc all and i'll keep posting as i feel so inclined.

TC,

Carol

Suz's Podcast

Week 1 Playlist, Genre; Hip Hop

1. T.I. – Big Shit Poppin’

2. Flo-Rida – Low

3. Kanye West – Stronger

4. Diddy – Come To Me

5. Black Eyed Peas – The Boogie That Be

6. LL Cool J – Headsprung

7. Missy Elliott – Gossip Folks

Week 2 Playlist, Genre; Hip Hop

1. Kanye West – Gold Digger

2. Ludacris – Stand Up

3. Will Smith – Switch

4. Outkast – Bombs Over Bahgdad

5. Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get Retarded

6. Puff Daddy, Lil’ Kim, & Notorious B.I.G. – All About The Benjamins

7. DMX – Party Up

8. Lil’ Jon & the Eastside Boyz – Get Low

Week 3 Playlist, Genre; Hip Hop

1. Eve – Tambourine

2. TI – Bring ‘Em Out

3. Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy, & Lil’ Kim – Notorious

4. Ice Cube (Feat. Mack 10 & Ms. Toi) – You Can Do It

5. Eminem – Lose Yourself

6. Nelly, Puff Daddy, & Murphy Lee – shake Ya’ Tailfeather

7. Black Eyed Peas – Pump It

8. Ludacris – What’s Your Fantasy

Week 4 she didn't have time to record the walking/running queues so the first song is the warm up and each of the other songs you alternate run/walk. She picked songs that were the right time and she cut the other ones to be the right length.

Week 4 Playlist, Genre; Late 90s/Early 00s Top 40 Mix

1. Nelly – Ride Wit Me

2. Eazy E – Gimme Dat Nut (Full Song)

3. Mystikal – Danger (Been So Long)

4. Pink – Get The Party Started (Full Song)

5. Lady Marmalade

6. Prince – Pussy Control (Full Song)

7. 2 Live Crew – Hoochie Mama

8. Ludacris – You’s A Ho (Full Song)

9. Basement Jaxx – Red Alert

10. Fatboy Slim – The Rockafeller Skank

11. Timbaland – Luv 2 Luv U

Week 5 Playlist, Genre; Teen Pop

1. Christina Aguilera – Come On Over

2. Backstreet Boys – Everybody

3. Britney Spears – You Drive Me Crazy

4. 5ive – When The Lights Go Out

5. NSYNC – I Want You Back

6. Robyn – Show Me Love

7. SoulDecision – Faded

8. NSYNC – Tearin’ Up My Heart

9. Mandy Moore – candy

10. Backstreet Boys – Larger Than Life (Part 3 Only)

Week 6 Playlist, Genre; 80s

1. The Go-Gos – We Got The Beat

2. London Beat – I’ve Been Thinking About You

3. Pointer Sisters – I’m So Excited

4. Wham – Wake Me Up

5. Weather Girls – It’s Raining Men

6. Dexy’s Midnight Riders – Come On Eileen

7. Young MC – Bust A Move

8. Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger

9. Katrina & The Waves – Walking On Sunshine

Week 7 Playlist, Genre; 90s Hip Hop & R&B

1. Blackstreet – No Diggity

2. Tony Toni Tone – Let’s Get Down

3. Wreckz N Effect – Rump shaker

4. Janet Jackson – If

5. Blackstreet – Baby Be Mine

6. Skee-Lo – I Wish

7. Salt N Pepa – Whatta Man

8. Da Brat – Funkdafied

Week 8 Playlist, Puff Daddy and the Family

1. 112 – Only You (Remix Feat. Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy & Mase)

2. Mase – Feel So Good

3. Notorious B.I.G. – Mo Money, Mo Problems (Feat. Puff Daddy & Mase)

4. Faith Evans – All Night Long

5. Puff Daddy – All About The Benjamins (Feat. Notorious B.I.G., Lil Kim, & The Lox)

6. Lil Kim – Not Tonight (Remix Feat. Angie Martinez, Left Eye, Da Brat, & Missy Elliott)

7. Total – What About Us (Remix Feat. Timbaland and Missy Elliott)

8. Puff Daddy – Been Around The World (Feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Mase)

9. Notorious B.I.G. – Hypnotize

10. Puff Daddy – Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down (Feat. Mase)

Week 9 Playlist, Girl Groups

1. En Vogue – My Lovin’ (Never Gonna Get It)

2. TLC – Creep

3. Pussycat Dolls – Hot Stuff

4. Spice Girls – Wannabe

5. Danity Kane – One Shot

6. En Vogue – Free Your Mind

7. Mis-Teeq – Scandalous

8. Danity Kane – Damaged

9. Pussycat Dolls – When I Grow Up

10. Dream – This Is Me (Remix Feat. Kain)

11. Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious

Week 9 Playlist, Britney Spears

1. Oops!…I Did It Again

2. …Baby One More Time

3. Gimme More

4. Stronger

5. I’m A Slave 4 U

6. Break The Ice

7. (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix!)

8. Boys

9. Toxic

10. Overprotected

11. Do Somethin’

12. Anticipating

I re-ran W5D1 last night. It went really well. Thanks for the new podcast Brandy! It was MUCH easier with the better music. That Robert Ulrich one was awful. ha ha

The foot gets very angry if I run more than 2 miles, so I'm kinda stuck with Week 5 and Week 6 right now. Can't get past six. When I do the Friday runs, my foot just kills me.

Oh well, at least I'm still able to run and I'm breaking a sweat so it still feels like exercise. I have increased my speed some, so that's a good thing.

Carol- Sorry your purse got stolen. That happened to me a few years ago. At the time I worked at a bank and my bank keys were in my purse. I was so scared I was going to get fired, lol. They changed the locks and all was fine. I'm sooooo glad your son wasn't hurt!

Suzanne- Soooo sorry your foot is hurting so bad. Way to power through it though. Keep up the good work!

I started week 2 of the c25k today. It went really well. Actually, I had no trouble at all doing it. The weather here was GORGEOUS today! Great day for running outside. I'm really feeling this fill...which I'm really excited about. I did wake up coughing up reluxy type stuff though. I've been banded for 2 years now and that has never happened to me. I had to chop up my pill into little tiny pieces last night and I think I should have stayed up a little longer to let it finish going down. I will take it much earlier tonight!

Take care running buddies!! Keep up the great work!

I have been away for a few days. I fell of the wagon last week and did nothing. I should have ran then knowing I was going to have foot surgury this week. I am not suppose to doing any walking or running these next two weeks blah, blah. So I going to try and do the weight training during that time.

I saw my Doctor today and told him the little successes I have been having and he said that he would run my first 5K with me. Needless to say I was surprised but that is just the way he is. I have finally started losing weight again and I credit that to the C25K and getting more Protein in my deit. If I had not been reading this forum I don't know if I ever would have got kick started again. But I am on my way. WooHoo

Kathy, way to go I love your pictures. Look forward to that being me in the future.

Carol, at least something look came out of your bad experience.

Suzanne, sorry to hear your feet are still paining you.

Love you all, and thanks for being here. Mary

Mary... sorry about the foot. I hope it starts to feel better soon.

Carol... glad your DH is supporting you. Sounds like he's proud of you! As for your purse, here's a link to info on purse stealling scam that we should all watch!! Facinating!

http://www.wimp.com/goodsamaritan

Georgia... yeah, congrats on week 2! As for your band... are you sure you haven't sprung a leak? They say losing a bit is normal, but not a full 1.0 ml, that seems like a lot.

Suzanne... sorry your foot is still hurting, but I'm glad you're able to go for the 20 min. If it seems too boring try changing your route or run location. That always re-energizes me.

Thanks everyone for your support and comments on my race photos. I really had a great time.

This week has been so stressful. I've been away on business since Monday and the next two days I have our Corp. VP visiting for a business review... just a little stressed :) But, when the end of day comes on Friday, it will all be over!

I finally found a family doctor in my city... very hard to come by. And she has agreed to take the training to manage my fills. So I think I'm going to get a small fill soon so I can get the last 15-20 lbs off.

Georgia... yeah, congrats on week 2! As for your band... are you sure you haven't sprung a leak? They say losing a bit is normal, but not a full 1.0 ml, that seems like a lot.

I keep asking them about that and they don't seem real concerned about it. I had not been in about 3 months. It's weird because when I had it checked 3 months ago, it was all accounted for. Sometimes Fluid is missing and sometimes it's not. IF I have a leak, it must be a pretty slow one. Or, there could be a leak at the port area and maybe all the fluid isn't actually going in. Uggghh, I don't know. She said they would start checking it every month and if it ever starts being more than 1 cc missing, they want to do some tests.

It's frustrating because I don't think I've ever had TRUE restriction. This fill seems like the closest I've had to it, but I don't know...

I was just about to start a thread about the C25K.

I'm so excited to get started. Is anyone else out there about to start the program? I think I need a bit of moral support here. I've always HATED running/jogging, but it seems like the logical next step on my fitness journey.

I started with Water aerobics, then started weights, moved to elliptical and then added rowing, and now I think I'm ready to jog.

Wish me luck!

I was just about to start a thread about the C25K.

I'm so excited to get started. Is anyone else out there about to start the program? I think I need a bit of moral support here. I've always HATED running/jogging, but it seems like the logical next step on my fitness journey.

I started with Water aerobics, then started weights, moved to elliptical and then added rowing, and now I think I'm ready to jog.

Wish me luck!

Welcome canoie! I am only on week 2, so I'm pretty much just starting as well. I'm sure you will do great! Congrats on your weight loss!