Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Welcome to the newbies... hope you find this as amazing as I do!

Georgia... I read your note on Facebook... so sorry about the leak! I hope the doc is able to schedule you soon for a revision to get you set up properly. That happened to my GF and they were able to fix it fine.

I finally got my butt kicked appropriately, and am back to running. DH's foot has healed up, so he's running again and we're motivating each other. My calves are aching today... didn't stretch enough. I can't believe how long I let this go before getting back into running. The scale says I gained 4 lbs, but my clothes feel like its closer to 10 lbs...

I got my DH the Wii Fit Plus for his Bday, and now we are hooked. I've also let my DS play it and he loves it. We have difficulty getting him to run very far with us outside, but he'll run on the spot for 10 min in front of the Wii... too funny! So our rule is he has to run for at least 10 min before he gets to play any of the games. So far tonight he's been at it for an hour!

Hey Kathy, what a great idea for the Wii. I might suggest that for my nephew as well.

Miss you guys. Only 3 more weeks until my surgery. I'll be back on C25K before you know it.

I have to have an endoscopy this Friday. I'm so nervous about that. I'm having heartburn and nausea. Never a good sign. Wish me luck.

Georgia... I read your note on Facebook... so sorry about the leak! I hope the doc is able to schedule you soon for a revision to get you set up properly. That happened to my GF and they were able to fix it fine.

Thanks Kathy. I am a little worried about it. Right now I am kinda miserable. They added 2 cc of Fluid yesterday and, I am really tight right now. Had to sleep in the recliner last night. I go back in 2 weeks for them to measure again. I guess it's still considered a slow leak because he wasn't sure it would show up on the x-ray. I guess if enough is missing in 2 weeks, then they will do the x-ray. I don't know though.

I'm not looking forward to surgery, but I am ready to get it fixed so I can finish what I started. I wish they had done something about it a year ago, when I told them that I wasn't able to keep restriction longer than a couple of weeks. It's soooo frustrating!

Anyway, I'll keep ya'll updated. Hope everyone has a great day!!

I have to have an endoscopy this Friday. I'm so nervous about that. I'm having heartburn and nausea. Never a good sign. Wish me luck.

Good luck Suzanne! I hope everything is okay.

Suzanne... Good luck on your procedure. Fingers crossed your foot surgery heals quickly.

Georgia... look on the bright side, you lost all of this weight pretty much on your own merits, as the band didn't work much for you. I'm hoping for your sake they fix it and soon.

I just came back from getting the H1N1 vaccine. Today was the first day it was available here, and luckily we all are considered high risk, so we got it now instead of a few weeks from now. I don't know if you guys are facing the same controversy in the US and here in Canada, but there are probably as many people who are for it as are against it. DH and I were back and forth on it, but decided to risk the side effects in favour of the prevention.

wow. id like to welcome the newbies too. and for th rest of my C25k friends welcome back to all of us. kathy and suzanne im so happy to see y'all its been a while. since i hadnt run for over a month, i felt like i needed to get back to basics. i jumped back to w2 so i could see how far ive come and sure enough it was totally a breeze. so i jumped ahead to W5D1. again i did fine. so then i went to D3 and did ok. did that 2x. today i decided to move ahead to W6D1 and it was a bit more challenging. i'll do this one a cpl days make sure i can and move on.

ive missed talking to y'all. my puters are fixed so im happier. will check bk with everyone in a few days.

tc

Carol

Hello!!!

The trainer @ my gym just game me an awsome website for calorie burning!! Maybe everyone already knows about but if not I thought I'd share!!

It is an activity calorie calculator. You scroll all the way down to the bottom, enter your weight and the duration in minutes, and it will calculate how many calories you burn doing various activities!! very cool!!

http://primusweb.com/cgi-bin/fpc/actcalc.pl

Pretty handy!

-J

There is also a really nice app for iPhone that will track calories eaten and calories burned. I love it!

J... cool site. I like how many cal I burn in golf... unrealistic, but nice to see. My DH and I are very slow (lose a lot of balls), so it takes us about 5 hours to finish a round - that equals over 1200 cals! Too funny.

Happy Halloween everyone. Sent the kids off to school with spooky treats to share: "Krispie Bug Splatter" and "Krispie Zombie Flesh". When I told my DD what her treat was she said "Yuck! I don't like Bugs". Hahaha.

Havent been here on LBT in months, but just started my C25K this morning. I did a 5k on Halloween morning and really paid for it for the next day, so I am restarting the plan.

I have big hopes of a half marathon in July, but time will tell

Hey guys! I haven't ran in a few weeks, but I am going to the gym in the morning after I drop DS off at preschool. I don't know where I am going to pick up at yet, maybe week 2?

Last time I posted, they added 2 whole cc's of Fluid and I could barely swallow my spit! I went back and they took 1 cc out. The next day I barely felt any restriction! I'm wishing I had stuck it out. I go back Monday and they will measure again. Hopefully I will know more then.

Hope everyone is doing good. Seems like this thread is dying down.

GA, sounds like they need to be more precise with your fills. I've been having the same .3cc put in and out over the past year. 1/10th of a cc makes a HUGE difference when you are close to your sweet spot.

Less than 2 weeks to my surgery. I can't WAIT to start running again.

GA, sounds like they need to be more precise with your fills. I've been having the same .3cc put in and out over the past year. 1/10th of a cc makes a HUGE difference when you are close to your sweet spot.

Less than 2 weeks to my surgery. I can't WAIT to start running again.

I'll never be at my sweet spot until they fix this leak. I've had my band for 2 years and have never had good restriction. I think the reason they put so much in the first time, was because he was trying to see how fast it would leak with more pressure in it. Unfortunately, it didn't leak quite fast enough.

Your surgery is getting close! Hope you heal very quickly so you can run again soon!

I ran today! Went back to week 2 and did fine with it. I may try week 3 next time and see how it goes. Also did arm, leg and ab training. I think I am going to be very sore tomorrow!

Georgia... I'm hoping they finally decide to do a fix on your band! I've been at my sweet spot for almost a year now. I still have excellent restriction, just enough to eat properly and to catch those bad moments! LOL. Funny how chocolate still can find its way down! Congrats on running again!

Suzanne... fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

Ok, we are officially hooked on Wii Fit Plus. It is hillarious. The funny part was when we measured our fit age, DH was +17 years, DS was +12 years and I was -10 years!!!! HAHAHAHA.

I ran 3x this week, inside as the weather is icky. Feel a lot better now that I'm re-motivated.

Georgia... I'm hoping they finally decide to do a fix on your band! I've been at my sweet spot for almost a year now. I still have excellent restriction, just enough to eat properly and to catch those bad moments! LOL. Funny how chocolate still can find its way down! Congrats on running again!

I ran 3x this week, inside as the weather is icky. Feel a lot better now that I'm re-motivated.

WTG on the running Kathy!

I didn't do any exercise today. I am sooooo sore from lifting weights yesterday. Too much, too quick I guess. I plan on working out tomorrow though.

I go back to the doc on Monday, so I'll let ya'll know what they say. I don't really know how much Fluid will be missing, since it's only been 2 weeks since my fill. I guess it will give us a better indication of how fast the leak is.

Have a great weekend everyone!

GA - I read where some people get a thicker liquid put in their band if they problems with Fluid leaking out. It might be worth asking about. How did your appointment go?

kathy - way to go!! Doesn't that feel great?

Thanks for the well wishes. Only one more week. We're thinking about taking a cruise in Feb. DH has started running to get his beach body and I'm stuck feeling like a marshmallow. Even if I start running in Jan, it won't show by then. Bummer

I just hope this is my last surgery. This will be my 5th surgery on this foot. boo hoo