Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how much you wanted to go.

I decided not to try running. My son pointed out that it would simply speed up how soon I need the surgery and then I'd simply have to quit again anyway. Some I'm now in search of an exercise that I can do at home, that gives me great cardio, but doesn't hurt my feet. Wish me luck. :-(

Georgia... hows the fill level going?

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't checked in lately. Kathy, to answer your question.....eeehhh. Honestly I'm soooo frustrated with the whole situation. I am sick and tired of having to get fills every 2 weeks! They put extra Fluid in because they know I'm eventually going to lose it, so I'm usually extremely tight the first few days (which is miserable) and then within a a couple of weeks able to eat like crazy again. I'm sick of this cycle! I didn't get my Dec fill and haven't made an appointment yet. I just wish it could be fixed. At this point, removing the band doesn't sound so bad either.

I haven't read up on all the posts yet, so I hope everyone is doing well!!

Its been so slow here lately... I know I've been too busy to even log on. Good news is my weight seems to be coming off again. This last plateau was easily 5 month. Thank goodness for the band, without it I would have bing ate up again.

I imagine being so close to goal, that the weight may or may not come off and will be slow. That's ok. My only goal left is to be in a size 12. I've achieved all the rest. Hey, let me revisit that list:

* Regain my health - Yup!

* Be able to keep up with the kids - Yup!

* Not feel fat - Big Yup!

* Be physically fit - Yup!

* Fit in an airplane seat - !!!! YES !!!! with room to spare!

* Weigh less than in highschool - Yup!

* Fit a size 12 - ohhh so close, I think I could squeeze in.

Not bad.

I've started training for my spring run, but its on my DD b-day this year, so I might choose not to run it and go in a different one instead.

Hope everyone's running or staying fit somehow.

hmmmm yup been running. doing my own thing. ive been posting my runs on Facebook - "i just ran" is the app i use. i post my playlist distance and the time (i add up my playlist times. i add time between songs too.) ive gotten bk up to 2 miles and a lil more. i do long sprint intervals at least once a week. just to confuse my metabolism. i read somewhere that it helps. my band is at a good fill level, and despite the band eating much better than b4 surgery, and running...im still at a standstill. i might have mentioned that i gained 10 in oct/nov. im only down about 5 of that...

every day i go thru my list of goals that are basically the same as Kathy's. and im squeezing into some 12s but mostly 14 sizewise. im much healthier and have lost inches for sure. BUT im getting fairly discouraged that the scale is not moving. i really need the reinforcement. im afraid to get another fill next month. i dont have any specific runs planned right now. just trying to get bk up to 5k. i still have a goal to RUN the entire 5k. no walking and no matter if it takes me as long to run as it did to walk. i know im slow but i feel such a satisfaction about being an athlete at this point. so thats great. i want to look as good as i feel too. and right now i dont.

o well enough about me. Kathy, i was so disappointed for u with the Olympics. if i could wave a magic wand i would make it be what u want! GA, wow how frustrating for u. i definitely feel your pain. and Suzanne, i know how hard it was for u to do what u know u needed to to to preserve your feet. my next door neighbor just had that surgery and i dont wish it on anyone after seeing what he went through. can u do other forms of exercises instead? if any of u want to "friend" me on facebook im carol podwill spring. would love to have the additional support and be able to give it bk to y'all.

tc,

Carol

Carol... I've friended you on facebook... Hey, chin up. You've come so far with your weight loss and exercise that you has so much to feel proud of! The weight and scales are so fickle, and may not move at all when YOU think it should. Keep up your healthy lifestyle and all will work out.

Remember that the band is for life, not just for a diet, so changes will happen over many years. My approach is to face it as a balanced lifestyle. I'm not going to be perfect everyday, but I make choices that work for me. I'm physically active, have a good healthy diet and that's good for me. I really want to get the last few pounds off, but at this point in my life, I realize I might not get there. Years ago, that would have been enough to send me into a binge attack and gain it all back. Now, I just forget it and go on with my life.

Don't get down on yourself or your efforts. It will pay off in better health, so throw out the scale for now and just do what feels right for you.

Its been so slow here lately... I know I've been too busy to even log on. Good news is my weight seems to be coming off again. This last plateau was easily 5 month. Thank goodness for the band, without it I would have bing ate up again.

Kathy,

I'm so glad that you're off your plateau! I havent been on the posts for a while as i'm frustrated and can't get off mine! I've been stuck at 72 lbs now for almost 4 mos! What did you do to get off yours?

Any help/suggestions are appreciated at this point.

Rhonda

Yeah... another 2lbs down!

Rhonda, I haven't been "actively" doing anything lately, but I did notice through the fall/holiday timeframe I had gotten into the habit of snacking later at night... a bit of wine & cheese or something like that.... fairly often throughout the week. DH and I were feeding our stress. Of course I couldn't eat much, but it was unnecessary calories and was holding my weight up there. We stopped that after the holidays and started eating a bit more appropriately. That seems to have been the trick.

I have to admit, my running has been sparse the last little bit, mostly due to a stupid chest cold that started on New Years Eve and hasn't gone away yet!!! UGH. But I charged up my iPod today and I'm going to run for a bit tomorrow just to test out my lung capacity. I want to push on my weight loss and go for that last 10lbs or so.

BTW, I tried on a size 12 jeans, and they zipped up! Tight, but I got them on! Now my goal is to get there and stay there.

I'm off to Ft. Lauderdale in 2 weeks for business, but am staying one more day just to soak up the sun. Should be fun, even though DH will be stuck at home with the kids.

Yeah... another 2lbs down!

BTW, I tried on a size 12 jeans, and they zipped up! Tight, but I got them on! Now my goal is to get there and stay there.

Well Done! That's Fabulous Kathy! I know that's a big goal!!! I started the C25K a while ago, but couldnt finish due to some problems. But i'm starting back up today with it. Hopefully i'll be ready to run a 5K this spring/summer!!!!

My problem now is that I was too tight, getting sick after every meal, even just liquids sometime. My Dr. was out so saw his partner. Partner couldnt find port, dug for a while, 6 inch bruise and about 25 needle holes in my abdomen later he sent me to hospital to do a fill by xray. He found the port exactly where I was telling him all along it was. He kept saying he could 'feel' the lump of the port though, and kept trying about 2 inches from where my port actually is.

So, now i'm on a plateau, have a sore abdomen, bruising, and he took out over 1cc, and I only had 5 in there. Now, i'm hungry all the time, and eating anything and everything, mostly because i'm upset over what happened!

And my biggest fear, what lump was he digging in to that he found and thought was my port?

Anyway, I go back to my Dr. on Friday, and will hopefully get a small fill to get me back on track. I also just joined our local health club here, so maybe that too will help jump start me back to losing.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Rhonda, what a nightmare! Make sure you don't go back to your dr's partner again! Don't worry about what he was poking at... likely didn't know what he was doing and didn't want to admit it. Good luck at getting the right fill amount.

I haven't had a fill change in 1-1/2 years. My level seems to be fairly good, somedays I'm too tight, and somedays just right. Never too loose. I find stress tends to make me too tight. I get a lot of hicups, and often stuff doesn't quite go down very well, but if I wait it out, I'm ok. I really don't have any aftercare services, so unless its an emergency, I'm not getting anything changed.

Well I didn't get to my run as planned. I've been battling this chest cold for so long, and it just got the better of me yesterday. So maybe tonight?

Finished w4d2 today! Kind of worried about w5d3! 20 minutes straight seems frightening to me right now!

It's gone much smoother than I expected. I love this program!

My last 30 min. run for the C25K is on May 6th and I am signed up for my first 5K on May 8th! I'm super excited! :frown:

Hey, everyone!

I am a C25K graduate, and ran my first 5K on March 13th, with my next scheduled on April 17th. I still feel REALLY slow, and I know myself, and that I thrive on a "plan" -- so I signed up for Fleet Feet/New Balance's No Boundaries 5K training program. It's a 12-week program run out of the Fleet Feet store.

No Boundaries

I figured it can only help me become a better runner. It's very similar to starting C25K over again, but I'm really going to enjoy the social aspect of it, the coaching, and a new goal, a 5K on July 3rd.

I thought it might be an exciting option for folks who need that extra push!

Finished my 20 min run (W5D3) today! It wasn't bad either! It was actually a lot of fun! I didn't have to stop at all like I was worried about.

I'm running (well, jogging more like) a 3K April 22nd. I'm going to work on speeding up a bit during the interval runs this week. Hopefully between that and my 25 minute runs I'll be able to get down to 10 minute miles... right now I'm averaging around 12 minutes. I'm hoping the 3K helps me prepare for my 5K race on the 8th of May.

My running partner had to quit the C25K due to ankle and knee problems, so I'm going it alone now! It's very peaceful running alone. Kind of nervous about the first race now that I'll be by myself but I'm sure after that it will be better.

Today Ill be doing DAy 3 of Week 2!!! Its going pretty good so far. Week 2 was not that bad....Should I be scared for week 3????

Never used this program but just wanted to wish you all luck on your 5k en-devours ! I run them all the time and they are fun ! I do half marathons now and couldnt even walk a mile 3 yrs ago. lol

I finished the C25K program this week and ran my first road race today!! Finished in just over 33 minutes!

To anyone thinking about starting this program - do it! It's amazing! :)