Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

I am definitley ready for my fill!!!! 8 days....

I am HUNGRY and I have noticed that when my tummy "growls" it is a big rumble that I can feel and hear.

and 4 oz is just NOT filling me up at all... I am still hungry when I am finished.

I have eaten as much as 3/4 to a cup at times if it is something like chili that has liquid to it also but I am trying to stick to the "soft" foods and the Protein first.

And I am now stalled with the weight as well :/

I have however been hitting and missing my walking.. I hate my treadmill and it has been rainey :) and I notice that I have been very sleepy in the afternoons to where I am falling asleep when I get home from work :(

I will def. get back to it today!!

I am just tired of being HUNGRY!!!

8 more days... :P

I'm right there with you, Huggy Bear. I feel like I am starving!! I am trying very hard to "be good" and not eat the wrong things, but it is a struggle when you feel like you are hungry all the time. I have about a month to go before my fill. My weight loss is still going down mostly, but not as fast as it was in the beginning. I am just trying to hang on!

Hope the next 8 days pass quickly for you and you hit your "sweet spot" in a hurry!!

I keep trying not to eat to much at a time (even though I know i could) and am just adding in "snacks" even though doc wants only 3 meals a day I figure a snack is better then overeating and risking slippage of stretching... and its usually something like a fat free string cheese and calories are still hovering around 1000 a day

so yeah ... 8 more days...

btw I am at work and bored cause the kids are watching a movie but one decided to act up last nite and has to be restricted to his room all day so I have to be in the front administrative part of the building to monitor him so I'm by my self up front and there is a locker FULL of snack food calling out to me and my 6 oz. of yogurt for b-fast are LONG gone and now im just counting minutes till lunch... argh...

I babble and whine yet some more :)

I am definitley ready for my fill!!!! 8 days....

I am HUNGRY and I have noticed that when my tummy "growls" it is a big rumble that I can feel and hear.

and 4 oz is just NOT filling me up at all... I am still hungry when I am finished.

I have eaten as much as 3/4 to a cup at times if it is something like chili that has liquid to it also but I am trying to stick to the "soft" foods and the Protein first.

And I am now stalled with the weight as well :/

I have however been hitting and missing my walking.. I hate my treadmill and it has been rainey :( and I notice that I have been very sleepy in the afternoons to where I am falling asleep when I get home from work :P

I will def. get back to it today!!

I am just tired of being HUNGRY!!!

8 more days... :P

Hang in there Huggy Bear! I also have to get back on the bandwagon after the Holiday binge! I made home made ice cream cuz thats what we DO on the 4th:sad_smile: And I KNEW it was gonna be my downfall. I will not be happy again till its all gone out of the fridge! And no I can't stop with one small dish...maybe my son will eat it all. Hope the days fly til you can get your fill.

Cathychatts, thats great that your fill is working so good already! Mine isn't.:) My weight is being stubborn, the scale is not my friend these days. Hopefully I will find some time to get back for a fill before my next appt that is at the end of the month. I did just get off the elliptical and did 15 min and I am back to my boring boiled egg Breakfast. Lets keep the hope alive! We are gonna get there!

I have 8 days til my fill as well. I do find myself experiencing hunger a little more, but I am still only eating about 700 calories a day, went up to 900 on the 4th, but that's about it. My volumes have gone from 4 oz closer to 8 though. I'm losing at a good clip but still hope to get a fill as I know I am getting close to needing one.

Thanks guys! :tt1::thumbup:

You got me to go back to The Daily Plate which I have not been doing. I had decided not to do it until I was on real food but lately I have been worried that I am drinking too much. Why should I stress when I can log it and see for myself how I am doing? I believe I am doing well even though I have V8 juice between meals and meals can be an entire can of Soup. :tt1:

I seriously love The Daily Plate. I think I heard about it from someone at LBT.

Now that I'm back to working by myself for weight loss (or lately, just holding steady!), I find that it really helps me to see how much I'm eating and how I'm doing!

I tracked every day pre-op and post-op until I went into the hospital with the infection, and got back to tracking as soon as I got out. I even tracked the 2 days in the hospital at the end when they finally took me off NPO (yummy ice chips for 8 days!) and let me eat! (Started with Clear liquids and too rapidly moved to solids ouch!)

I dropped about 10lbs in the hospital for a total of 43 down from pre-op, but since coming home I've gained back 4.5lbs then I've held steady (up and down .5lbs) for over a week.

I think I was on a super low calorie diet for long enough that my body thinks I'm living in a serious famine! I've been gradually and not entirely intentionally, adding in more calories and haven't gained any more weight. Now I'm trying to step up the activity too. I managed to get on the treadmill twice last week. Not today, I spent the whole day running errands.

Always ;-)

Hunzi

6 more days til mine!! Luckily I have had not had much trouble with hunger and have lost steadily but it's changing now. Must've been the prefill I got in surgery that helped me out. But I'm not able to eat much more than 4 oz and get hungrier quicker.

My first FILL date is July 17th! I'm ready... I'm getting hungrier more frequent. I still eat small portions but man... I could eat a WHOLE lot more! Come on July 17th!

Hey Folks!

As you all know I have had a fill of 3 cc on the 2nd. I am doing good, but I noticed that I am still hungry all the time. I went to the food thread on here and read.

I think I have been guilty of too many soft foods. I got used to the liquids and the mushies and have hung onto them and added solids with them. Apparently, I should give up the soft foods and mushies except for the really high Protein ones.

I knew this, but I guess I was not thinking about when to stop with the shakes and Soups. Today I have only had solid Protein, tuna and turkey and I have stayed full all day. I have re-read my packet on diet and have also stopped drinking before and after meals. It seems to be helping. I also read an article on the 5 day pouch test and diet to get you back on track. here is a link: Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test. I read that and it talked about all the slider foods. There seems to be a bit of controversy about this "test," but I think the whole point is to get you back on track and end the "carb cravings." That seems to be a good idea to me.

I am going to try to completely avoid the slider foods and really pour on the protein and see how my fill works.

I talked to someone who said, that it takes two or even three fills for the band to really begin working. I understand some of us got a pre-fill in surgery. I didn't, so I am going to push on and try to see how I do. If is stay hungry I will call and see if I can have the 2nd fill sooner thatn 2 weeks. Who knows! it is worth a try!

Oh! I use the Daily plate too, I go on there and look up the foods and do their thing and then I go to the Realize band site and put the info in there. The Realize site does not have a good food bank, so I am doing my own. I need to do the Realize site because my doc can go in there an look at what I am doing. I think that is cool!

Well, I gotta go my night class is here. Good luck to all!

PS don't sweat it too much until you get the fills! just try our best! Remember we are all here because we needed the "tool!" Let's give it a chance to work!

Edited by cathychatts

Cathy, if your on regular solid foods you shouldn't be worried about Protein much. Heck, 1/4 of turkey or tuna will give you almost half the protein needed for the day.

Hey Snuffy:

I am not worried about the amount of Protein I get. I know I am getting more than enough.

What I have been guilty of is the slider foods! :biggrin:

I just hadn't made the transition away from them.

Oh woe is me! :)

I will now do better! :thumbup:

Hi All,

I got my appt for my 2nd fill moved up to this thursday. Got the 1st one on the 2nd and I haven't had any restriction. The most I get is a few hard hiccups when I get done eating..that sort of tells me I am full. Hoping the 2nd one gives me enough restriction to stop before I am full. The weight loss has come to a stand still so I am hoping the next fill gets me going again.