Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

Hi all got my first fill today of 5cc in a 14cc AP large. Please update my info on the spreadsheet. I hope that this will take care of the hunger pans.

Hey Snuffy,

I just got my first fill, had surgery June 9th. I also didn't know if I needed one. I'm not hungry unless I don't eat for 4 or 5 hours. I've lost 44 pounds so far. I only decided to go through with the appointment because its so hard to get an appointment with my surgeon, he's carrying the whole load himself. I got 2 cc's today and man I sure can feel it. I'm hoping this keeps my loss going.

I forgot to post about my first fill last week. I got 3cc's in my 10cc's band. The bad thing is I don't even think I needed it. This will probably be my only fill for at least a few months.

The nurse says I look like I was of those lucky people that do good with just the band in and not tightened.

I can only hope :)

Went in for fill #4 today and got another .5cc. My port must be sitting at a wierd angle because again she had a heck of a time finding the middle of it. I could hear the needle poking all around the circumfrence and I am sore and bruised from her pressing so hard with her fingers. I still don't feel much in the way of restriction. With 5.5cc's now you would think something would start to change. I didn't even lose any more weight. But I have build up my endurance and am able to walk 2.5 miles now. The dietician gave me some good suggestions for my problem part of the day....suppertime... so I am going to focus on getting more Protein at that time instead of fruit to see if that changes anything. The phys therapy witch was just that...a witch. Instead of giving me kudos for getting off my arse and walking a lot every day, she nagged about I should be doing weight lifting on top of all that. And she thinks I should get up earlier in the morning to do it. Aint gonna happen. By the time I did all that, cooled down, showered, got Breakfast and got to work, it would be noon!

Here's hoping for a restrictive tomorrow!

Hi June Bugs!

I got a fill on Friday, and it is really one that I can feel. I have had a pd on two occasions! It hurt so much it has made me afraid to eat. I think it has been because I didn't stop eating soon enough. I realize now that I have been able to take a short break and I could keep eating... there was not enough fill and the food could ease past. Now, when I am full it hurts to keep eating! I sot stuck on a cucumber slice... not peel...! also a hotdog...no bun.!

I know it sounds crazy, but the pain made me so happy! I know know the band will work.

My doc didn't fuss at me, but he said I was loosing at 1/2 lb per week, and I could be doing better... Thus the new fill.

I now have 5.5 in my realize band.

Strikeuptheband.... we both seem to be on the same page!

Hi June Bugs!

I got a fill on Friday, and it is really one that I can feel. I have had a pd on two occasions! It hurt so much it has made me afraid to eat. I think it has been because I didn't stop eating soon enough. I realize now that I have been able to take a short break and I could keep eating... there was not enough fill and the food could ease past. Now, when I am full it hurts to keep eating! I sot stuck on a cucumber slice... not peel...! also a hotdog...no bun.!

I know it sounds crazy, but the pain made me so happy! I know know the band will work.

My doc didn't fuss at me, but he said I was loosing at 1/2 lb per week, and I could be doing better... Thus the new fill.

I now have 5.5 in my realize band.

Strikeuptheband.... we both seem to be on the same page!

Slow and steady wins the race, Cathy! Looks like we are neck to neck in the race! :smile2: I am feeling some chest pain when I eat so that slows me down. I also had the good fortune of being downsized at my job so I will be out of a job at the end of Sept. I got that nuclear bomb on Friday so all weekend I was devastated. Going to work today was also very hard. They expect me to train my replacement. They hired someone else at a higher rate than I am making, and call it a budget problem??? And expect me to train her???? Makes no sense to me. If I didn't need a few more paychecks so bad, I would tell em where to shove it. The stress of that has kept me from eating (or sleeping) much all weekend and I was down another lb this morning. I had to sell my house and talked to a realtor tonite. The market stinks. I am not happy.

But, on the upside if there is one, BF is really coming around and being supportive. He has offered for me to stay with him (large town, more job opportunities, no rent, etc). We will talk more about it this weekend. Think I will go walk a couple of miles and wear myself out so much I will sleep tonite. Hope things are better where you are.

Strikeuptheband! I am so sorry to hear of your job trouble!

I pray that you will find a job that is 100 times better... I know you will! (I believe in positive thinking)! Tell my students all the time that positive thought bring positive things.

These words sound shallow, knowing you are facing having to job-hunt! Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you! This too shall pass.

I am doing very will with my last fill, but I know I have restriction now! I can hardly get any food down and I am full! I have pb a couple of times. I am also re-painting and cleaing my house so I am dropping the lbs.! Finally

Good luck and know that I am thinking of you!

Thanks, Cathy. It sure helps to know I have support here. I know things will get better. Its sure hard to be positive when I haven't slept since friday!:thumbup: I have noticed some more restriction lately and not sure why. Usually for breakfast I can eat a hard boiled egg and maybe 2 strips of bacon. Last few days, the egg is enough and because i eat it too fast, it gets stuck and hurts in my chest for a while till it goes down. No PBs yet but my little band is making itself known finally. Not sure if its tighter because of stress or something else but I am glad to finally be feeling it. I am now down to where my ticker says i am.:thumbup: I think the next .5 cc might just get me to my sweet spot. Next appt is Sept 21.

Thanks for your kind words. I am sure I will get thru this, its just a b*tch until i do.

SUTB, sorry to hear about your job situation. I tend to believe that all things happen for a reason and that would mean there is something better out there for you.

I just had my 4th fill today, and I am hoping it gets me to my sweet spot. I was about there, but was just getting hungry too soon. They said I shouldn't get hungry for at least 3 hours and for me it was 2. So she said I just needed a 'tweak' and I got .5cc. I am still sipping clears right now, time will tell. The nurse commented she could tell I lost a lot because she can see my collar bones, that made my day. Who knew I had them!!! :biggrin2:

Can't believe you got 4 cc in a band at once, my surgeon only puts one cc at a time. I have had 3 and only 3cc total. Then she puts in 1cc after awhile. Can you feel restriction at 4cc?? My losses are stalled. Only about 1 or 2 this month...but i feel good, and everything is so big... I need a new wardrobe...take care. And keep up the good work. Judy

Thanks Long, I will get through this. Woooo Hoooo collarbones!! I can now feel my hipbones (only when laying on my side lol). Things are changing because of all the walking I do. Its good, but the belly is still very much there! My face doesn't look anything like my work ID pic that was taken before surgery. I need to post a more recent pic. My pudgie cheeks are gone!

Hey Everyone -

I feel so bad since I hardly come on the site these days to cheer you all on. :tt2: I am finally starting to "Get a life" outside the house with friends, activities, etc. that I'm sure you understand!!! I just had my 3 month follow up today and I'm starting to not mind sitting in the waiting room chairs so much! Helps to have a smaller behind to fit in things. Anyway, I've lost a total of 40 lbs. since surgery and I didn't not get another fill. I'm at 3.5cc and def. do not need anymore restriction. I get so much "stuck" these days it's annoying but a GOOD annoying! I've found that Wendy's Chili doesn't give my any grief so that's been my real food these days. It's darn tasty, too. Dr. said it was a good source of Protein and Fiber so no objections means I'm now a chili fan. I did say I was still tired all the time but he said losing weight makes you tired. Anyone else feel like this? He said since the body was so used to depending on calories for energy and I'm depriving it (ha ha:lol:) that it gets tired burning the fat. All I know is I have twin 2 year olds and while I'm able to do a lot more physically with them, I'm beat by 10 am. Ugh!

Well, enough about me since I've been so bad about checking up on you all. Hope you're doing well, losing weight and feeling better about yourselves. Have a great weekend!

Well I got a fill today.... number 3

I have been HUNGRY!!!

I have slacked off on my exercise since the kids went back to school it has been hard to fit it in everyday... but I have added in some weight lifting with my aerobics (transfirmer DVD)

The doctor said that adding muscle will make you hungrier :)

I only lost 4 puonds and was voicing my displeasure at wanting to be to 40 pounds by my appointment and the RN who helps with fills and runs our support group fussed at me :tt1: she told me I need to take the word JUST out of my vocabulary!!!

The doctor told me he could tell by the way my stomache looks when laying on my back that I have been loosing good... more of a crease at the bellybutton line he said... so that is a good thing... I have noticed that my clothes are fitting looser still even though the scale has slowed.

Oh and I got a NSV comment from my daughter... she told me I am less squishy and am not as comfortable to lay on:blink:

The doc and nurse got a good giggle out of this... well here's to hoping that this fill will help me stay full for longer then an hour

Hey Everyone!

Haven't posted in a while :)

I just had my 3rd fill last week..and still no restriction.. That's 5.5 cc in a 10cc band. I'm still working my willpower and staying within my bandster portions, but I get REALLY hungry between meals :mellow:

Hoping that I can go for another fill before the 4 weeks is up!

I started running last week..ran my first mile since high school and ran it in 14 minutes (high school=30 minutes) Up to 1.5 miles now at about 12.45 minutes..getting ready for the Bridge to Bridge 12k run in a few weeks in San Francisco...I'm planning on running every OTHER mile!!

Hope everyone is well..haven't had a chance to read all the posts I've missed!

Hugs, Susan