Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

Well our month is almost done and now we are on the the next big hurdle in our journey... our first fill:w00t:

I am scheduled for July 14th at 3:00

I already know that my Dr. does all his fills under x-ray so as to get the port the first stick and do a swallow test too:ohmy: All I can think about now is that swallow test following surgery... that thinned out stuff was so Nasty tasting stuff... :Angel_anim:

But First Fill I'm excited!! I'm starting to get my hunger back and while I am only able to eat about 3/4 to 1 cup b4 I feel full the full feeling doesnt last long... don't know how much of that is cause it's still mushies and flows through the band pretty easily but I'm ready for the next step!!:smile2:

I was banded on the 2nd and get my first fill on July 1st. Can't come soon enough because I feel like I could eat the whole horse! Its a real struggle to stop after a small amount and I keep 'supplementing' with SF Jello or SF pudding. Keeps the calories down but doesn't really help with the hungries. And the last two days I have been having some real pain around my port. Everything was healing pretty good, I thought, then this started. I havent lifted anything heavy, but it really hurts when I am sitting. Something is pressing on it (my fat roll, aparently!) I am ok when standing or laying down but sitting up, which I have to do at work all day is killing me. I am trying to hold out til next tuesday because its a 3 hr drive to get to the docs and I can't afford to do that real often. Plus, living in the midwest, I found out that one highway I need to take is presently closed due to flooding.:Angel_anim: Anyone else experiencing port pain and what are you doing to ease it? Hope I can hold out till tuesday!

An old fashioned corset type waist control thingy (Breezies @ JCPenney) took care of my port pain. It supported some muscles that needed to heal, but gravity wasn't being my friend.

I'm scheduled on the 29th of July back in TJ with Dr. Ortiz.

I'm hungry. Fluids help, but I can drink a lot of them and I worry about expanding a pouch that doesn't really exist yet.

Strike up the band I am having the same pain and I think it might be going back to work and sitting in a chair all day with gravity and blubber taking their toll on me! Oh and yeah and lifting my not so little monster up a couple of times probably didn't help. I went to the docs today and they weren't worried.

My first fill is 7/29. Hoping I don't get too hungry by then, but at least I won't be so restricted so I can eat things that help keep me filled up.

Band date - June 5th 1st fill date - July 14th 10am

Still feeling good restriction though, only eat about 4 oz at a time. Not hungry. I had a prefill during surgery maybe that's helping. The dr. told DH after surgery, the smaller band was a little too tight, but the large one was too big so he used it with a 4cc fill. Today is my first day of solids.

:w00t:Jazzy Junes First Fill Line-up! :w00t:

:Angel_anim: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:smile2: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin

:w00t: 7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

Oh, I need a fill! I am really having trouble keeping the calories down!

I go to the Doctor Wed the 2nd and I hope and pray he does a fill for me then!

Good luck to all of you!

Cathychatts I hijacked your format :Angel_anim:

I do not know that I will be as good as you are at this thing though

I'll give it my best shot though...

not sure how you kept up with all 300 of us!!!

kudos and thanx once again.

Great Huggie! you will do great! It is fun to keep up with something like a list and keeps your mind and hands busy to keep from eating!

I think I get a fill on the 2nd. I sure hope so!

I am scheduled for the 23RD! Right now I am feeling full after only about 1 cup of liquid, though....I am thinking that will change in the next week...we will see....

An old fashioned corset type waist control thingy (Breezies @ JCPenney) took care of my port pain. It supported some muscles that needed to heal, but gravity wasn't being my friend.

I'm scheduled on the 29th of July back in TJ with Dr. Ortiz.

I'm hungry. Fluids help, but I can drink a lot of them and I worry about expanding a pouch that doesn't really exist yet.

I have gotten some really high wasted (up to my boobs) granny pants and they hold me together pretty well. Unfortunately, the tightness in other areas has blessed me with a yeast infection:cursing: so I stopped wearing them for a few days. Can't win for losing some days! Hope this soreness goes away soon.

I get my first fill July 23rd. I notice some of you are getting your first fill after only 4 weeks, my doctors waits 6 weeks. Then hunger just started kicking in today. I had been able to go 3-4 hours without eating, now it's more like 2 hours. Hope I can make it until then! Oh an lucky me ended up with an alergic reaction to the Steristrips and the rash just isn't going away. This itching is drving me nuts! Using cortisone cream, but that only helps for a while. Any one else end up with this issue? Good luck to everyone with their first fills.

I get my first fill July 23rd. I notice some of you are getting your first fill after only 4 weeks, my doctors waits 6 weeks. Then hunger just started kicking in today. I had been able to go 3-4 hours without eating, now it's more like 2 hours. Hope I can make it until then! Oh an lucky me ended up with an alergic reaction to the Steristrips and the rash just isn't going away. This itching is drving me nuts! Using cortisone cream, but that only helps for a while. Any one else end up with this issue? Good luck to everyone with their first fills.

Yes! I had a terrible reaction to the strips on about day 8 after surgery. Blisters and hives all over my stomach, both under the tape and all around it. My skin is so sensitive that it even spread to my lower belly, nowhere near one of the strips. Try benadryl spray, it worked better for me than hydrocortisone. Also make sure that you got all the adhesive off of the areas (I used some rubbing alcohol to gently remove the last of it). Mine is still there, but is calming down and is no longer as itchy as it was monday when I had the strips removed. You can also try a cool aveeno bath if you've been cleared to soak (I have). I'm also taking oral benadryl a few times a day, but I"m still at home this week and it would probably make me too tired if I were back to work.

My doctor does fills once you're on regular food for a week, which is after the fourth week. So, my first fill is scheduled for July 15th (my surgery was the 13th).

Edited by lunanoir

lunanoir ~ Sorry to hear you share my itchiness! Mine started about day 8 also, same timing, interesting isn't it :huh2:. I've got all the adhesive off and am taking a little Benadryl also. Mine also spread to other areas away from the strips. Unfortunately to the bottom of my breasts and the bra is just aggrevating it :thumbs_up: and also along the waist line to where my pant waist rubs on it...I just can't win! Today was my first day back to work :w00t: and had to go to the ladies room a few times to put cream on. Wish I could have ripped the bra off though!:thumbs_up: It is much better than a week a go though, but still itchy! I just hope this doesn't cause the incisions to scar more heavily. Hope you feel better soon.

Give Benadryl Gel a whirl. We use it for jelly fish stings and keep it in the dive bag at all times. Phenomenal stuff.

No steri strips here, Ortiz used to be a plastic surgery resident and he uses dermabond. Cool stuff.