Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

Was banded june 30th first fill is aug 13th i cant wait my doc says you have to lose 6 pds between fills or he wont give you any

I had my first fill on July 16th. I think I was told I had 3 cc already in and she added another .8cc. Does that sound right. Not very much.

However, my restriction is awesome! They said that restriction would only last a few days and that I would be back to normal eating soon. It's been 3 days and I'm still feeling the fabulous restriction.

It seems docotors are very different on the fill guidelines. After my fill I was told liquids for the rest of that day, soft foods the second day and then normal foods after that.

I'm scheduled for another fill in 2 1/2 weeks.

For those of you Jazzy Junes that are around the 40 lb weight loss, what's your excersize regimen like? I haven't done anything but I'm thinking that's why I've only lost 23 lbs. Although I'm not complaining, I love what I've lost. I'd still like to increase the loss if I can.

I'm at 44 lbs lost but 10 of that was during my research phase of surgeries, so 34 since my 1st appt with the surgeon. My exercise was non existent but recently has really been stepped up. I got a bike and ride that right now about 20 min a day but adding more time/distance all the time. I am also walking with a neighbor and today DH and I hiked in the mtns. I'm trying to move some how every day. And it's working!! Since my fill on Monday I am down 4 lbs! Still have great restriction.

I must say I was a little nervous and on top of that had a very stressful morning. However, the fill experience was painless and was very quick.

I asked my doctor about the size of my band, because he never mentioned it and I've noticed that most folks seem to know this information. His response was "standard size". He said they determine the size once they begin the surgery and take a look at what they're working with. So I asked is "standard" 10 cc and he said yes, maybe a little more. There was no fill at the time of surgery and today he added 1.5 cc's. I drank a few sips of Water and they sent me off to the nutritionist.

They told me to call later this week and let them know how I was feeling and we'd schedule the next fill.

I am on liquids for 2 days then soft food for 2 days. But right now I am hungry. It might be a long 2 days. :confused2:

Ok guys I have been slacking :biggrin:

I will do my best to update our list when I get back from the gym :scared2:

Hi fellow Junies! Sounds like all are doing well. I get my fill on July 31st. Everything has been going great except that I have GAINED 5 lbs. I'm so depressed! I walk 45 minutes a day and have just started to introduce soft foods. I am doing what I am suppose to but 5lbs--that means I've lost only 5 since my surgery on June 10. I wanted to start school looking a alot thinner, but at this rate I not going to look to much different. My doctor will only let me walk for the next 2 wks. Since I had a hiatal hernis removed, he's keeping me low profile exercise until the end of July. Has anyone else experienced weight gain?

Boo-hoo! :eek:

Hi Jules,

I feel for you! You are not the only one who has gained. I lost 8 lbs after the surgery on 6/18 but gained 5 lbs back after returning to normal food. I have a very hard time staying at 1200 calories. I get my first fill tomorrow and I am sooooo excited. I can't wait for the benefits of this band to start kicking in. I am not like most of the people on this site. I have VERY LITTLE restriction without my first fill and can eat almost as much as I use to.

Christine

Got my first fill today, and I gained 2 pounds. Doc was not happy with me and gave me the talk. I felt so guilty and bad until I don't think I will be indulging anytime soon. I was surprised because I have been walking 30 min. a day and thought if I ate peaches the way I love them and walked it would even itself out, but to my surprise it worked against me.

Edited by p1uddin

I get my first fill tomorrow.. I was thinking it would be in a few weeks but my Dr. is going on vacation for 2 weeks and when they called and said tomorrow.. :thumbup: I freaked!!! I have had no problems so far but I am ready to get this party started!!

Had my first fill this afternoon. I had 1cc added to the 2.5 that was added at time of surgery for a total of 3.5cc and go back in 3 weeks for another fill. I really can't tell yet if there is more restriction, I hope so though. Procedure was painless, can still feel a little sting though from the needle.

So last night I'm sitting on the couch and all of the sudden I felt this major twinge, like someone punched me from the inside. And of course I start thinking the worst like my band slipped or port flipped. Kept me up most of the night worrying about. I swore of bread, because I ate a very big dinner roll. I invisioned having to go for surgery to fix what ever it was. So when I went to the dr. today he said it was probably just a muscle spasm around my port, thank god! That sure did scare me, I'm still swearing off bread though. :thumbup:

My first fill was today. I dreaded it, but like most of you have said - there is not much to it..and you are right (YEA). :)

I have lost 18 lbs in the past 6 weeks since my post-op visit (YES!!!) :frown:.

At that time I had asked what size my band is and he said "average", so I asked if he meant 10cc and he said yes "about 10cc". Today, when I asked how much fill he gave me, he said about 30-40%; so I said, does that mean 3-4ccs? And he said "about that much". Seems like a lot to me. I DO NOT understand why he just doesn't answer the question.

Anyway, I am happy and hope I will be losing more as I continue the journey!!

I had my first fill today and it was a piece of cake!! It really didn't hurt at all :) I lost 7 lbs--so I am down a total of 35 lbs since June 5th---beginning of pre-op diet.

I was banded on June 27th and have my first fill on July 31st. I lost 20 pounds during my insurance required six month medically supervised diet, 8 pounds during the two week pre op diet on Optifast and then 10 pounds since surgery with most of that in the first two weeks. Things seem to have slowed down over the last few weeks even though I weigh and measure foods. Hopefully the fill will help.

Deb

Banded June 27, 2008

Dr. Rhenke

img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wdN5kua/weight.png[/img]

I got my first fill today. The appointment was supposed to have been on the 24th, but I missed that one because of bad weather in DC. I couldn't fly home the night before and ended up sleeping at the airport. (whole other story) I finally asked questions today and got answers that everybody else already seemed to know. They said I have the 10cc band and it was filled at the time of surgery with 4.8cc's. Today I got another .6cc's. I am on liquids for 2 days and then mushies for 2 days and then I can start adding regular food in slowly. Can't wait for that because I'm hungry today. The fill itself- not bad at all. I do have a little bruise where the needle went in, but otherwise its fine. I didn't feel anything.

I got my second fill today!! I had 7cc's in my band already so just went with .5 today as I have restriction, just not enough and was afraid of an overfill. if not enough I will get more in 2 weeks. Good news is that I was down 7 lbs since the last fill and that was 2 weeks ago. I'm happy with that.

Bad news is, I am for sure going to have gall bladder surgery in a week or two. Not looking forward to another surgery so soon, but they recommended I do it and put it all behind me. My test results came back 'abnormal' and I've been having a dull ache in my upper right side/back.

hi all, long2bethin - wow you are making great strides! 7 lbs in 2 weeks is so fast! i'm sorry about your gallbladder tho. i hope that goes well and you feel better quickly! i still have mine and hope it stays healthy.

i had my nutrition appointment today and i seem to be averaging about 1.25 lbs per week. she suggested i move up my 2nd fill so i just called. they can do it monday! i was surprised that it would be so soon but it works out - the following week i'll be on vacaton and i don't want to be on liquids then. i'm hoping for a very small fill because i don't eat much as it is. but i have been up to about a cup or a cup and 1/2 at a time and that is definately more than i was able to eat when i was losing faster.

long way to go but this band is doing it's job - tells me when to stop and before surgery that sure wasn't happening!