Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

Good luck on your next fill Strikeuptheband. I am going to try to move my second fill up also.

When you got your fill did you log it on the Realize website? I did and a message poped up and said to contact my doctor, that my fill was not enough, I needed more.

I like the webpage they have for support, but I don't much like the food data base.

Good luck on your next fill Strikeuptheband. I am going to try to move my second fill up also.

When you got your fill did you log it on the Realize website? I did and a message poped up and said to contact my doctor, that my fill was not enough, I needed more.

I like the webpage they have for support, but I don't much like the food data base.

Yep Cathy, I logged mine in and up popped a survey. It asked if I was feeling any restriction and I said no so I also got a message to go see my doc about another fill. What I don't like about the food data base, is, if its not on their list, you have to do a lot of work by looking up all the ingredients in whatever you are making, ie tuna salad, then look up all the calories, fat and Protein, then divide it all by how many servings your recipe calls for, then name it something and add that to your food list. Whewwww! too much work for me. I also find I am bringing all kinds of food boxes, bags etc to my computer so I can enter the data from the back of the package. The waste basket by my computer looks like I have been bingeing!!! :wink2:

LOL, I'm sure doctors love that feature. :wink2:

Hi Everyone

tomorrow is two weeks and I have moved to Stage 3. Tonight was the best so far, mashed potatos with pureed chicken, a tbsp of gravy and creamed spinach. My finance who is a week behind asked me to eat upstairs LOL.

Doing fine with 3-4 meals oer day. Yogurt, egg, smoothies, purred carrots, peas, spinach, peaches, Creamer Soups. Purred chicken salads. And drinking liquids in between.

Starting exercising today and was able to sleep on my stomach last night!!! I think I might go get a massage this weekend :wink2:

First fill is July 28th, looking foward to it but I am afaird it is going to hurt, I hate needles and the fear of the unknown is getting to me. Those of you who have had their fill please tell me about it.

Kiki220

I agree Strikeuptheband! The food database is terrible. I do the Dailyplate look up the foods and then log them into the realize custom foods. I figure after a while most of them will be there, I am going to message the realize people and suggest that they try to hook up with dailyplate or maybe caloriecount. LOL

Snuffy: I bet the doctors do love the realize site... it sends plenty of business back. My doc doesn't charge for fills until after 90 days after surgery. That is good! My insurance pays for my fills too.

Hi Everyone

tomorrow is two weeks and I have moved to Stage 3. Tonight was the best so far, mashed potatos with pureed chicken, a tbsp of gravy and creamed spinach. My finance who is a week behind asked me to eat upstairs LOL.

Doing fine with 3-4 meals oer day. Yogurt, egg, smoothies, purred carrots, peas, spinach, peaches, creamer Soups. Purred chicken salads. And drinking liquids in between.

Starting exercising today and was able to sleep on my stomach last night!!! I think I might go get a massage this weekend :wink2:

First fill is July 28th, looking foward to it but I am afaird it is going to hurt, I hate needles and the fear of the unknown is getting to me. Those of you who have had their fill please tell me about it.

Kiki220

The fills aren't bad, just close your eyes and breath deep. It is over before you know it. Or at least mine was easy.

Good luck! Sounds like you are doing very good!

Well, I had my first fill today! It was quick and easy. My port is right there and he just went for it, no anesthetic. I didn't feel a thing! Yay! I drank a big gulp of Water to make sure it went down and it did. I'm scheduled for my 2nd fill on 8/08/08, just after we return from Maui. I'm sure I'll be ready for it. So, liquids for a day, then soft foods, then back to regular. Thanks for being here for me :redface:

Had my first fill this morning. I was eskerrid because I loathe, detest and despise needles with the red-hot intensity of a thousand burning suns.

HOWEVER, it was SO easy I didn't even realize it happened. Our doc has a poster hanging on the ceiling listing tips for success and while I was distracted looking at that, she completed the whole thing. I was like, "Whaaa? You CAN'T be done!" I was positive she was just tricking me...you know, "We'll just make her THINK she got a fill and that will keep her satisfied. Ahhahahaha!" Like a placebo.

But nope, it's been done. wOOt!

Now the bad news. I was a little nervous about my first meal afterwards because even before my first fill today, I was feeling some restriction and had one or two occasions where I got "stuck". I ate SOOOO slowly and chewed SOOOO well, it bordered on obsessive. AND STILL, still I lost it and had to rush to the bathroom. :redface: Ack. I didn't care for that, no sir, thanks all the same. I'll have no more truck with any of that. It was my first time so it kinda freaked me out a little.

That was lunch and dinner, I'm happy to report, went much better. I managed small portions and didn't have a single problem. Maybe it was just nerves? Anyway, doesn't matter, I made it! Hooray!

:party:Jazzy Junes First Fill Lineup:party:

:thumbs_down: 7-11 ajpink, MUSIC MOM

:thumbup: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi

:( 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

:tt2: 7-16 kristiebandy

:Banane42: 7-17 Navywife Jenn,nannypants, mamamarie

:Banane42: 7-18 LIZZARD,

:thumbup: 7-22 livn4jesus, mimieg

:thumbup: 7-23 kkarryall, vzghj3, Cadets71

:smile: 7-25 brownbear

:smile: 7-28 kiki220

:drool: 7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

:drool: 7-31 Jules K, iteachurkid

:drool: 8-4 snuffy65

:drool: 8-5 Kathystrick

:drool: 8-7 Nuali

:drool: 9-17 TX Diva

Jazzy Junes SECOND Fill Lineup

:drool: 8-8 Whiskypie

:party:FILLED Jazzy Junes :party:

:w00t: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:w00t: 7-2 Cathychatts

:w00t: 7-7 TxJuneBug08

:w00t: 7-9 Amisha, Kizzie, whiskypie

:w00t: 7-10 gardengrl, Strikeuptheband(second fill)

Edited by Huggie Bear

First fill for me tomorrow :thumbs_down:

Finishing work early and taking the train into London.

Will have to have a wander around the shops and maybe go for a small coffee somewhere....hopefully the weather will be as nice as it's been today....would be nice to sit outside a little cafe and watch the world go by!!!

Not off to the Docs til 5.15 so hopefully get home about 8pm...

Looking forward to it!!!

Amanda

xx

I was banded on June 9th and had my first fill yesterday, July 9th. I opted for a numbing shot prior to the fill. I also hate needles, but it wasn't bad at all. They put in 2.6 cc's and had me make 2 more appointments- at 2 weeks and 4 weeks out. I'm on liquids for 2 days then soft for 2 days, then back to normal. I did notice some soreness in the port area last night, but it seems to be gone today.

Huggie Bear, You can put me on the line up for 2nd fill. Had it today. They put 1 more cc in for a total of 4. I was hoping she would give me 2cc today but she didn't want to go that fast. I still don't feel much restriction...of course I tried hard to do soft food for lunch. Not much in the fast food area for that but my son and I went to KFC and I had mashed potatoes and about half of a very soft and moist chicken breast. No problems, nothing came back up. I might have been able to eat it all but was afraid to get overfilled when I hade to be in the car for another 2 1/2 hrs home. So I had the mashed potatoes, a small amount of chicken breast and about 6 bites off a corn on the cob. Doc was pleased with me, but I only lost 1 lb in the last couple of weeks. Maybe that will speed up a bit now. Considering how bad I was with ice cream on the 4th of july, I am surprised I lost anything at all! Going back at the end of the month for fill #3. Maybe that will get me to proper restriction.

Yeah! Got my first 2cc's in today. It was almost PAINLESS!!!! He doesn't even numb you first since honestly, the needle for numbing hurts more. It was a tiny tiny prick, he put the saline in, I drank a cup of Water and I was done! So psyched! I've lost 7 more pounds since my last visit 3 weeks ago. I'm very careful with my food choices (lots of salmon which is super high in Protein and no carbs) so I am pretty proud of myself. The only bad days are when I eat 2 pudding cups (at different times). I just have to have liquids today and then more normal food tomorrow. I decided after the surgery that I will only weigh myself at his office and not home. No sense beating myself up everyday over a #. This means 25 pounds since my pre-op appt. Yeah!!!

:mad:Jazzy Junes First Fill Lineup:party:

:lol: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi

:confused: 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

:sleep: 7-16 kristiebandy

:eek: 7-17 Navywife Jenn,nannypants, mamamarie

:( 7-18 LIZZARD,

:drool: 7-22 livn4jesus, mimieg

:mad: 7-23 kkarryall, vzghj3, Cadets71

:mad: 7-25 brownbear

:mad: 7-28 kiki220

:mad: 7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

:mad: 7-31 Jules K, iteachurkid

:mad: 8-4 snuffy65

:mad: 8-5 Kathystrick

:mad: 8-7 Nuali

:mad: 9-17 TX Diva

:mad: 8-8 Whiskypie

:mad:FILLED Jazzy Junes :mad:

:mad: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:mad: 7-2 Cathychatts

:mad: 7-7 TxJuneBug08

:mad: 7-9 Amisha, Kizzie, whiskypie, rames767

:mad: 7-10 gardengrl, Strikeuptheband(second fill)

:mad: 7-11 ajpink, MUSIC MOM

Jazzy Junes First Fill Lineup:party:

:confused: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi

:sleep: 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

:eek: 7-16 kristiebandy

:( 7-17 Navywife Jenn,nannypants, mamamarie

:drool: 7-18 LIZZARD,

:mad: 7-22 livn4jesus, mimieg

:mad: 7-23 kkarryall, vzghj3, Cadets71

:mad: 7-25 brownbear

:mad: 7-28 kiki220

:mad: 7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

:mad: 7-31 Jules K, iteachurkid

:mad: 8-4 snuffy65

:mad: 8-5 Kathystrick

:mad: 8-7 Nuali

:mad: 9-17 TX Diva

:mad: 7/10 Strikeuptheband

:drool:8-8 Whiskypie

:mad:FILLED Jazzy Junes :mad:

:mad: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:mad: 7-2 Cathychatts

:mad: 7-7 TxJuneBug08

:mad: 7-9 Amisha, Kizzie, whiskypie, rames767

:mad: 7-10 gardengrl, Strikeuptheband(second fill)

:mad: 7-11 ajpink, MUSIC MOM

edited to add me to the 2nd fill list.:lol:

edited again--oops sorry huggybear, didn't see you already had me on the list.