Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

Oh, the waist nipper corset thing isn't like a full length girdle. It goes from the middle of my rib cage to my hip bones. It gave me huge relief the second I put it on since it held my muscles in place and they could quit working so hard :thumbs_up:

:lol:Jazzy Junes First Fill Lineup

:thumbs_up: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:thumbs_up: 7-2 Cathychatts

:w00t: 7-9 Amisha, Kizzie

:huh2: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom

:lol: 7-15 ginas.

:lol: 7-23 kkarryall, vzghj3

:lol:7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

Edited by Huggie Bear

hi there! my first fill is scheduled for july 14th! so far, i've had hunger pains but not a lot and mostly i'm full quickly. i thought my band was emtpy but at my post op check up i found out it is somewhat filled (no idea of the cc's). i definately feel restriction - whether it's swelling or the band or both i'm not sure!

have you heard of papaya enzyme? i heard of it this week and got some the next day. my shoulder/back pain has been so much better since i've been taking it! you can get chewables - they taste pretty good. it's a digestive enzyme. i went to the local post-op support group and someone recommended it. the relief has been AMAZING!

last night, i felt kind of NORMAL! 16 days out for me to get to that point. phew. i think i'm well over the surgery hump now!

Greyhoundmom thanks for the tip. I am going to try that Papaya extract. Is it easy to get?

BTW, are you a greyhound mom? The greyt part in my name is because I have greyhound. Four of them in fact. My goal is to someday look like my dogs - lean and thin :thumbs_up: OK so I can never be tall but maybe someday skinny and graceful looking!

Oh, the waist nipper corset thing isn't like a full length girdle. It goes from the middle of my rib cage to my hip bones. It gave me huge relief the second I put it on since it held my muscles in place and they could quit working so hard :thumbs_up:

I have seen them and might get one this weekend. I wore my 'grannypants' that are very snug and today I feel a lot better. Sure wish this would finish healing so I can start some ab exercises.:thumbs_up:

Dermabond, is that the glue? I am glued shut. It's starting to flake off now with the scabs and the scars look great.

Yeah, cool stuff, isn't it? It's like heavy duty human rubber cement. The incisions beneath look really good. The 4 cm line will be nearly invisible.

Note to all the Junes...especially those of us who tan easily (olive skinned here) Ortiz said not to let the sun see the scars for at least a year.

I had a mole removed from my knee after my 40th birthday. The scar skin is a lot darker than the rest of the knee. It makes perfect sense.

He was a PS resident before banding. I'm buying tankinis.

Sure wish this would finish healing so I can start some ab exercises.:)

Your surgeon allows ab exercises so soon???:lol:

Man, they're all so different. Ortiz forbids ab specific exercizes for 3 months...said that is what can make a port flip...I can head back to the gym on the 7th. Cardio and arm/leg weights are recommended.

Yeah, cool stuff, isn't it? It's like heavy duty human rubber cement. The incisions beneath look really good. The 4 cm line will be nearly invisible.

Note to all the Junes...especially those of us who tan easily (olive skinned here) Ortiz said not to let the sun see the scars for at least a year.

I had a mole removed from my knee after my 40th birthday. The scar skin is a lot darker than the rest of the knee. It makes perfect sense.

Are you kidding me? Wear a bathing suit with my scars exposed??? Not even sure when I get to goal I will wear a 2 pc or a bikini. :):lol: but it would be great to know I could if I wanted. But I might try out one of those tankini's. I'm tall and have a hard time with one pieces being long enough and they ride up so bad. But seriously, I am olive skinned, and thanks for the advice, as I tan very dark.

It is odd how so many surgeons have so many different 'rules' I read earlier about someone banded after me (I'm 3 weeks out) and they were to the pool already, I can't even get in my bath tub til 6 weeks much less a pool. Showers only, and don't let the Water hir directly unto my incisions until the scabs are gone.

hi there greythope! yep, i have a greyhound! a red fawn 7 year old BABY! she's our 3rd greyhound - the other 2 have passed on - and we love this breed. she's got an issue with other dogs so we have just 1 at this time. i too admire their build and this girl has washboard abs! we can feel them when we rub her belly! congratulations on having FOUR! they are amazing animals and they need good homes!

the papaya extract is all over the place - now that i know to look for it! just was at a GNC store and it was on sale right at the front door - 2 for 1. it did it's magic for me today - the pain started a little, i had a chewable papaya pill and it went away - before coming a major pain as it has been.

i saw the physical therapist today for the pain too (already had the appointment so i thought i'd have her check it out). she popped a rib back into place in my back. upper left back. she thinks that was moved during surgery - not dislocated but moved and the muscles were spasming to move it back but it wouldn't do it. something like that. it felt like a great relief after my visit with her! i think 2 things are going on - that and the acid issue that the papaya helps.

i feel great! having a small lunch now. i don't know why the papaya pill works but it hasn't let me down yet!

Hi fellow Junies! Sounds like all are doing well. I get my fill on July 31st. Everything has been going great except that I have GAINED 5 lbs. I'm so depressed! I walk 45 minutes a day and have just started to introduce soft foods. I am doing what I am suppose to but 5lbs--that means I've lost only 5 since my surgery on June 10. I wanted to start school looking a alot thinner, but at this rate I not going to look to much different. My doctor will only let me walk for the next 2 wks. Since I had a hiatal hernis removed, he's keeping me low profile exercise until the end of July. Has anyone else experienced weight gain?

Boo-hoo! :)

Phoenix is right on with this! A few years ago I had breast reduction surgery. They told me to keep the girls out of the sun until the scars have healed. This means do not even expose them in a tanning booth. I saw some before and after pics and some showed what would happen if you got in the sun. Unless you want them to look like they came from Target, keep em covered! lol The scars turn bright red and they don't fade over time.:)

Your surgeon allows ab exercises so soon???:(

Man, they're all so different. Ortiz forbids ab specific exercizes for 3 months...said that is what can make a port flip...I can head back to the gym on the 7th. Cardio and arm/leg weights are recommended.

Phoenix, Not even sure WHEN I can start doing abs. I was just thinking whenever it quits hurting maybe I could! I go in for my first fill next tuesday and will be sure and ask about that. I have had some relief today wearing my support grannypants. As for exercise, so far I have been able to get on my elliptical but building up endurance on that so I am not on it for long. Also I can do Water aerobics/water walking at the Y. If I wasn't so lazy, I would just go walk outside. Somehow the easy, obvious stuff just eludes me.:)