Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes First Fill Line up

My first fill is July 31st...I can't wait to hear stories from all of the Jazzy Junes who get filled before me! I'm a tad bit nervous :o

It is exciting to see how the next step of our Lapbands are progressing. I won't get my fill until the end of this month. It depressing for me as I lost 10 lbs. after surgery. Right after my post-op appt. I put 5lbs on overnight. I've been carring these wicked lbs for 2 wks and can't shake them off. I talked to my dietician, she said it could be Water retention in which 1pt of water retention is equal to a pound on the scales. Yuck! She told me to beef up my exercise from 45 mins. a day to an hour to 1.5 hours per day. Yuck! (Althought I did walk over an hour today to see if it helps) Went to the Drs. office today and they said not to get discourage that things will start to move after my fill. She really stressed that this is a healing time for my stomach and I will not be progressed any faster. I can't join a gym or doing anything very strenous as I had a hiatal hernia repaired during my surgery.. So I guess for now I should be glad that I feel good and haven't put an another stinkin' pound! Thanks for letting me vent!I have found out that recording on the Daily Plate has been an eye opener for me. Very interesting and fun to record.

It is encouraging for me to see the rest of you progress and I can't wait for that to be ME! YOU GO GIRLS!

hooray Cathy!! glad you got your fill!!! I can't wait to feel that restriction!!

Insky- I'm already eating regular foods. I started mushies on day 7/8, my doc said to slowly start adding in foods and if it upset my tummy to go back to my mushies, but so far nothing has made me sick. I think each doc is totally different though!

hi all hope everyone is recovering well form June surgeries .I am feeling good my first fill is 14th July i hve been on mushies tommorw is week 4 and i cant start solids apparantly havnt been sick from any mushies eaten so far which is great .Am starting to get my hunger back not a patch on what i would consume prior to surgery .good luck for th enext stage of our journey cant believe ive had th eband for 4 weeks i still got lots of bruises to show for it though

I was told I would not get a fill :confused2:until 6 weeks, I was surprised :laugh:when my Doc asked if I wanted a fill. Of course, I said yes. :o

I started on full liquids 48 hours after surgery and got to go to mushies at one week. After that I was told to start adding regular foods and like Navywifejenn, was told to add food slowly and back off if needed. Well, I could eat anything with no problem. :Banane30:

I think every doc is different and for most the Realise band is fairly new, that band is designed for less slippage so perhaps that is why they begin to fill quicker. Who knows! :biggrin: I just know that I have done fine with the fill and can really tell a difference again!:thumbup:

hi Cathy glad your surgery went well can you believe its been 4 weeks i th same solids start tommorow am starting to get hungry first fill on the 14th July hope your fill comes soon as well.Take care

First fill July 25th! :w00t:That will be 4 weeks out for me. I want to find out what kind of band I have - probably not Realize or he would have mentioned their website for tracking food.< /p>

I went to the doctor today and he did my first fill! :lol:

Strikeuptheband: I guess the doc went to the same seminar, he just forgot to tell the office staff. He told me the same thing, they do the fills sooner with the realize band.

He checked me out and said, "Do you want a fill?" of course I said YES! :biggrin:

It didn't hurt as bad as my allergy shots! I laid on the table, he said it would pinch and then sting, it did both and then I could hear the Fluid going in. Then it was done and he gave me a bottle of Water and some crackers and had me eat. I was fine and he told me it might be later in the day or even tomorrow before I felt any different.

He said if I wanted I could come back in 2 weeks for my second fill. OMG I was so happy.

I went to Splash Country,:lol: at Dollywood with my Grandchildren and my daughter and was fine all day, I did have a little more pain in the port area, but not bad. I still got on all the waterslides! :thumbup: FUN!

At dinner tonight I was only able to eat a small portion of my "child's plate" OMG! That made me feel so happy!

Hope you all get to start the fills soon! I was beginning to get discouraged, but this is giving me a new outlook again! It feels like when I first got the band and was swollen!

:thumbup:

Yeah! for the BAND!

Awesome, Cathy!!! How much fill did you get? I got 3ccs but I don't feel any different. Still no restriction and i swallowed a large advil gelcap lastnite and went down just fine.:) I had no swelling or anything. He said I can come back in 2 weeks for another fill but I am taking a summer class and can't get back down there till the end of this month. Oh well, I am sticking to smaller portions and hoping will power will kick in the rest. I was down one lb this morning!:ohmy:

I get my fill on the 15th of July! I can't wait... I am hungry a lot and it seems like the food is just dropping into my stomach... I hope I get some restriction with the first fill... I am so nervous about that big needle! :thumbup:

:party:Jazzy Junes First Fill Lineup:party:

:thumbup: 7-7 TxJuneBug08

:eek: 7-9 Amisha, Kizzie, whiskypie

:mellow: 7-10 gardengrl

:cool2: 7-11 ajpink, MUSIC MOM

:tt2: 7-14 Huggie Bear, Long2bThin, greyhoundmom, eagerbandi

:tt2: 7-15 ginas, Insky67, Irish Ladybug, Da Gramma

:drool: 7-17 Navywife Jenn

:drool: 7-18 LIZZARD,

:drool: 7-22 livn4jesus

:drool: 7-23 kkarryall, vzghj3, Cadets71

:drool: 7-25 brownbear

:drool: 7-29 Phoenix, Greythope

:drool: 7-31 Jules K, iteachurkid

:drool: 8-4 snuffy65

:drool: 8-5 Kathystrick

:drool: 8-7 Nuali

:drool: 9-17 TX Diva

:party:FILLED Jazzy Junes :party:

:w00t: 7-1 Strikeuptheband

:w00t: 7-2 Cathychatts

Edited by Huggie Bear
update

I'm scheduled for a fill on September 17th; exactly 3 months after my surgery dat.

HI all ~ I was banded on June 4th by Dr. Felts (Richardson,Tx). I am scheduled for my first fill on July 7th, (to be done by a PA). I *think* I have a 10cc band with a 5cc fill already. :thumbup: I know the doctor said something like that after surgery but I was in a fog and can't recall for sure.

I was scheduled for my one month post-op appointment with my doctor on the 7th also but the drs office called and wanted to reschedule. I was on vacation when they called and didn't have my calendar to book another day so the lady said for me to call back later and just do a 3 month post-op appointment instead. Everything seems to be goning fine so I guess 3 months will be fine.

Wow 3 months is a long time!!!

are you getting hungry yet??

Not too much yet. I'm being very strict with my diet so that I don't fall back into old habits. I'm also setting mini goals to meet, so that I don't think about not having restriction. Also, I mentally picture a little pouch before I eat and that is really helping.

I got 3cc in my band on Wednesday the 2nd I was banded on the 6th of June, I do feel a little different and have gone from eating over 1200 calories a day down to 800-1000. :wink2: I just can't eat much more. If I eat the Protein first like a bit of chicken, egg, or beef then I have trouble eating more. I get the feeling like a lifesaver is stuck :crying:in my throat and have to sit quite and wait for it to go down. It is a little easier now. :frown:

Oh yes! It is true, the sugars and "c" foods go down as easy as pie.:sneaky: If one is not careful it is really easy to eat around the band. :thumbup:

I am beginning to drop weight again, have lost :blush:the 2 lbs I had gained back before the fill. I hope this helps everyone, the worst part of the fill was protecting the port area has been huge for me, cause it hurt there and then letting him stick a needle in there... ouch! But it wasn't too bad, I just closed my eyes and thought of the "little engine that could":scared2:

"I think I can!"

Hope everyone is doing well! Look forward to hearing about more fills!:)