Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Journal Thread

JQ, I couldn't think of anything appropriate for the moment, so I sent Donali a telepathic request for something brilliant. Ask, and you shall receive (applause applause applause.) Donali, can I have your autograph?

Today:

5:00 a.m. One huge serving of PB from a pill snapped in 1/2 with Water

6:30 a.m. One average size iced coffee

8:00 a.m. Jug-o-water

Noon Cup of Cheetos (friggen Erin just HAD to show me the new bag)

1 green snap pea, raw

2 tablespoons cottage cheese

2 chunks broccoli

2:00 Can of real Pepsi (shoot me)

Mind you, lunch could have been much worse but I have a lot of restriction from my colon cleanse pills, my morning PB and the stormy weather.

donali,

thank you for better expalining it to me. I felt very stupid for asking. I appreciate you not making me feel any more stupid. This site and the people here have been so helpful. Best of luck to you all in your continued sucess.

Wow, this is scaring me. Not one of those daily intakes sounds appealing - maybe its the difference between the typical diet in the US and the typical diet in Australia but I eat WAY more fruit and veg than anybody has mentioned. This will be the first thing I ask my surgeon on Tuesday.

I eat lots of junk too and McDonalds is a fairly regular part of my life, that can go. But I have 3 kids to feed so I make a huge effort to keep our family diet a healthy one.

In any given day, say today for example, I would eat:

Breakfast

Bowl of wholewheat mixed type Cereal - wheat flakes, dried fruit etc. Medium sized bowl, a bit of tinned fruit on top of that and some skim milk

Mid morning - three of my MIL's home made biscuits (cookies to you I guess)

lunch - Minestrone (home made), fresh bread roll with butter, an orange

Just now I ate a banana

dinner is going to be leftover vegetable lasagna - a rather rich concoction that had a bottle of cream poured over it and is topped with pine nuts. I'll probably eat a pretty large hunk of that.

I've had 2 beers and a handful of potato chips at the football presentation day and will probably have a wine with dinner. During the day I've had about 6 cups of coffee with skim milk and we always finish the night with a hot Milo (which is like activite, Ovaltine, that kind of thing).

That's a pretty "good" day for me - otherdays have far more fatty treats slipped in and lunch during the week is nearly ALWAYS rubbish out on the run, like McDonalds.

But the Australian recommendation is for 2 fruit, 5 veg every day. It doesnt look like anyone is eating that (a serve of veg is 1/2 cup). If I do go ahead and get the band I really dont want the quality of fresh food in my diet to get dumped in favour of processed Protein Drinks and other rubbish like that. What's the point of that?

Someone please tell me you're fitting in loads of fresh salads and fruits?

Delarla, Your all banded and right again? I am so happy for you!

Jac...I dont know.. I do know salads were fairly easy before I was kinda filled.

But pineapple and grapes were hard.

I just now had 1/4 a popcycle and its killing me.

First thing I tried to eat today.. it 1pm.

I was filled to 1.6 on wednesday, so much for mushies after 24 hours!

and now I am sliming it out..

yeah

Dont worry, every night about 8pm I am able to get a 10 ounce classic tomatoe Soup down in amout a half hour if I heat ir up every time it gets cold..

Nykee,

Filled Wednesday and still sore doesn't sound good. I had my second fill Friday and was struggling so the dr and I met today so he could take some out. I was only up to 1.5 and now I'm down to 1.25. And that is wonderful. Please call your dr in the morning. You don't want to mess up your band.

Celeste

Thanks..

I am sensitive to this stuff so it takes me alittle longer to heal.

Plus I have NO money for an unfill and when I say no money I mean today is my last day in my place of 4 yrs... and I am moving me and my kids into a camper! lol

I was just able to drink 16 ounces of hotcocoa... with just alittle pain..

So I will be fine.

Of course if it doesnt get better in a week or two it will be obvious I need an unfill.

I was told as long as I am able to get down my own saliva and take in some liquids and not be choking and gagging many times a day (I'm not) than its ok. Its the choking and gagging or constant sliming that can risk the band.

I have only slimed once today and it was small,.. NO PBing ...

So..................

I am so happy that I am finally on my way with this thing..

I lost a 2.4 fill due to emergency.. and I wasted a ton of money I didnt have and I am really trying to do the best for myself

THANK YOU FOR your concern and I welcome anyone's support

Hello Nykee

I was also banded by Ortiz 7-29-05. How many fills have you had? Why did you have an emergency unfill? Who did your fills and how much are they?

Eddra

I don't have my band yet, but I am trying to get some weight off, so when I do get my band I won't have to wait while I lose weight for the surgery. I will have already done it!

Breakfast

1 scoop of 100% whey Gold Standard by ON with 24 grams of protein(vanilla ice cream) 120 Calories

1/2 banana 50 Calories

2 tablespoons of Orange juice concentrate 25 Calories*guess*

1 package of orange crystal light 5 Calories

1 cup of Hood's Low Carb Milk 45 Calories 235 Calories Total

lunch

Mexican food 4 Billion calories...lol. ok, but probably did eat around 700 calories:

1 small bowl Alvocado Soup

1 1/2 beef enchilada with verde salsa

1/2 crispy taco

Ice tea with sweetnlow

chips of course

dinner

1 scoop of 100% whey Gold Standard by ON with 24 grams of protein(vanilla ice cream) 120 Calories

1/2 banana 50 Calories

1/2 cup of diet V-8 Splash tropical punch 5 Calories

1 tablespoon of fat free sugar free banana pudding 0 Calories

1 cup of Hood's Low Carb Milk 45 Calories 210 Calories Total

Of course I have had Water througout the day and did have about a 1/2 cup of regular sweet tea at home.

I think I had about 1300 Calories today. I am not goint to beat myself up too much! :-)

Hey peoples, food journaling for the day:

Breakfast

1 cup of Hood's Low Carb Milk 45 Calories

1 scoop of GNC 100% Whey Protein chocolate Carmel (Yummy!)120 Cal 21 Grams Protein

1/2 Banana 50 Calories

1 Tablespoon of Fatfree SugarFree chocolate pudding

lunch

chicken dinner from Weight Watchers 210 Calories 18 Grams of Protein

snack

cheese Stick

Yogurt

dinner

1 cup of Hood's Low Carb Milk 45 Calories

1 scoop of 100% Whey Gold Standard by ON with 24 grams of protein(vanilla ice cream) 120 Calories

1/2 Banana 50 Calories

1/4 cup of diet V-8 Splash tropical punch 2.5 Calories

1 tablespoon of FFSF Banana pudding

Snack

3 cups of popcorn low-fat

1 cup of V-8 juice

1 cup of tea with splenda

This is what I eat almost every day! By no means is good for every one I stay under 1200 calories a day and limit my fat intake very few. I like 4/5 less

I only eat Potato bread because it has no Saturated fat/Polunsaturated/monounsatuated

and is only 90 cal per slice

1 cup of egg beaters 120 cal maybe some salsa?

lunch is 1 large banna 90 cal

1 cup of red grapes 61 cal

dinner 4 onces of meat or if im lazy 4 slices of 97% fat free turkey 120 cal

1cup 1/2 of salad with fat free dressing about 200 cal

crutons good hand full 200 cal

Snacks 2 cups of fat free yogert 200 cal

and all day long I drink Water 10/12 full glass of Water aday

my crazy diet if I skip my large salad then I hit the fruits/veggie harded

I am down 96 pounds today! alot of it has to do with putting the fork down not eatting like a pig/do I really need this large plate of food?

and mostly walking I try to get one hour exercise in a day I was averaging 9/14 hours of week of exercise..... but thats only me.

well every one take care! I only hope that you will all meet your weight loss goals soon for a better and healthy life style.......if you have a few minutes to spear take the time and go for a mini walk... soon you will be walking out the door. ps Good luck!

You are so incredibly motivating!!!! I NEED to get back on the ball!!! I have been slipping back to my old habits....and you STILL seem so motivated!!! I have lost focus....and i was so focused for such a long time!!! I DON'T want to gain the weight back that I've lost....but it's getting harder and harder to get re-focused.....how do you do it??? How do you STAY motivated, focused, disciplined???

Nancy

This is what I eat almost every day! By no means is good for every one I stay under 1200 calories a day and limit my fat intake very few. I like 4/5 less

I only eat Potato bread because it has no Saturated fat/Polunsaturated/monounsatuated

and is only 90 cal per slice

1 cup of egg beaters 120 cal maybe some salsa?

lunch is 1 large banna 90 cal

1 cup of red grapes 61 cal

dinner 4 onces of meat or if im lazy 4 slices of 97% fat free turkey 120 cal

1cup 1/2 of salad with fat free dressing about 200 cal

crutons good hand full 200 cal

Snacks 2 cups of fat free yogert 200 cal

and all day long I drink Water 10/12 full glass of Water aday

my crazy diet if I skip my large salad then I hit the fruits/veggie harded

I am down 96 pounds today! alot of it has to do with putting the fork down not eatting like a pig/do I really need this large plate of food?

and mostly walking I try to get one hour exercise in a day I was averaging 9/14 hours of week of exercise..... but thats only me.

well every one take care! I only hope that you will all meet your weight loss goals soon for a better and healthy life style.......if you have a few minutes to spear take the time and go for a mini walk... soon you will be walking out the door. ps Good luck!

Here is what I need this daily food thread, you people are so great and supportive. I am gonna make sure I do the fitday.com every day. It has woke me up and made me realize how much off course I have been in guessing about my daily intake. Here is my intake so far for today....

Foods Eaten Today:

Breakfast:

cheese slice, kraft deli 1 slice

turkey deli meat sliced 1 serving

lunch

Bush Baked Beans, barbeque 1/2 cup

1 fatfree oscar meyer weiner

saltine crackers (2 crackers)

Thanks for starting this food thread....