Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Journal Thread

I know what your saying.. but some of the diets posted here are really good..

I dont mean just the portains either..

I think (when I finally have the restricion fill I need) My diet will be like this:

5 bites biscuit and gravy and one peice of bacon

half a KFC chicken snacker and 4 fries

ounce of cheese and wasabi mustard and half a pepporoni stick

Frosty dairy shake from Wendies and 5 fries

ya know.. like that

lol

Sorry..

I hope not, but I know my self.

Nykee

With the band I find myself eating healthier,

honestly the band resrticts healthier foods like chicken, cheese, beef, veggies more then it restricts junk food and I know others wil ltell you the exact same thing!

When I eat junk food it is like I was never banded

I have great restriction 2.5 cc's

Give me cheetos, pudding, Cookies, ice cream chocolate and I can eat it until Im blue in the face with never a PB and zero restriction But give me a chicken breast and I will be lucky to eat half of it.

What you put into your band depends on if the band will restrict it or not, so if you want true restriction you do have to make good choices mainly becuase the band doesnt restrict certain foods no matter how tight a fill you have and if you have a fill so tight where you can not eat or drink what is the pooint of that , you are only doing damge to your esophagus and your band and your health.

We all love our junk food that is mainly why we are obese, but when I decided to make this change and get the band I also knew there was going ot be a lifestyle change, there are people who have the band who do not change their lifestyle and wonder why they are not losing or why the band is not working. You have got to change some things if you want success withyour band. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.

I have lost 91 lbs in 13 months not by eating junk food, do not get me wrong I have had my days of junk food but it is on a rare occassion.

Here is a day of what I eat for example

Breakfast

2 scrambled eggs w/ 2 sausage links ( never finish it)

lunch

Small salad with 1/2 chicken breast ( never finish it)

dinner

Steamed veggies with either chicken breast or beef patty ( never finish it)

Only liquids I drink are coffee , Water and crystal light!

This is how I have eaten since I was allowed solids , just smaller portions now that I have restriction

There are days when I have a snack and it is usually a slice of cheese with a few wheat crackers or a Protein bar or a slice of cheese with Peanut Butter

Again, I am far from perfect, I have had my days where I have struggled and ate like crap and binged on my chocolate & junk it is a rare occassion but I do it from time to time but the next day I start over, that is the best thing about the band there is always tomorrow.

they can only eat unhealthy for the most part (no bread for ex)in smaller portions except when it comes to junk food. Which never seems to get stuck lol

SO TRUE, junk food never gets stuck. Im so glad you said that too ;)

LAMadam)

With the band I find myself eating healthier,

honestly the band resrticts healthier foods like chicken, cheese, beef, veggies more then it restricts junk food and I know others wil ltell you the exact same thing!

girl)

OK.. I know that.. I do.

But right now I can eat a chicken sand from KFC, all the cheese I want, all the bread I want.. and no restriction...

I will fill restriction if I eat way way way too much.. but I rarely do that..

and it wont facilitate in weight loss at the level its at.

When I eat junk food it is like I was never banded

I have great restriction 2.5 cc's

>>>>>>>>When I have at least 2.5 cc's ..... I hope I have something other than what I am reporting now.. But I cant know until then.

Give me cheetos, pudding, Cookies, ice cream chocolate and I can eat it until Im blue in the face with never a PB and zero restriction But give me a chicken breast and I will be lucky to eat half of it.

>>>>> I know.. I know.. By junk I also meant processed foods and fast foods.. I dont cook at all.

What you put into your band depends on if the band will restrict it or not, so if you want true restriction you do have to make good choices mainly becuase the band doesnt restrict certain foods no matter how tight a fill you have and if you have a fill so tight where you can not eat or drink what is the pooint of that , you are only doing damge to your esophagus and your band and your health.

>>>>>>>>>>I dont want to be filled too tight... I just want some restriction.. I havent had any yet and I want some..

I am filled at 1.1 and NOT feeling it.. Some think I am lying or something.. I am not.

We all love our junk food that is mainly why we are obese, but when I decided to make this change and get the band I also knew there was going ot be a lifestyle change, there are people who have the band who do not change their lifestyle and wonder why they are not losing or why the band is not working.

>>>>>>>I will wonder that if it happens once I am restricted but I cant think that yet because i havent the restriction.

You have got to change some things if you want success withyour band. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure.

>>>>>>>> I know.

I have lost 91 lbs in 13 months not by eating junk food, do not get me wrong I have had my days of junk food but it is on a rare occassion.

>>>>>>>>>>>>And IF I could have done this I wouldnt have got the band.

Here is a day of what I eat for example

Breakfast

2 scrambled eggs w/ 2 sausage links ( never finish it)

>>>>>>>>>WHY dont you fininsh it? Do you feel restriction?

I dont on a meal like that. I can go to a resturant and have that food plus biscuit and gravy and hasbrowns too.. or toast.

Only liquids I drink are coffee , Water and crystal light!

This is how I have eaten since I was allowed solids , just smaller portions now that I have restriction

There are days when I have a snack and it is usually a slice of cheese with a few wheat crackers or a Protein bar or a slice of cheese with Peanut Butter

>>>>>>>>Wouldnt you have lost weight eating this way without the band.. How does the band help if not from restriction?

Again, I am far from perfect, I have had my days where I have struggled and ate like crap and binged on my chocolate & junk it is a rare occassion but I do it from time to time but the next day I start over, that is the best thing about the band there is always tomorrow.

>>>>>>>> Thanks for all the help and advice, I really do appreciate it..

I am going to Mexico on monday (I hope) and then I will have restrition and then I hope I will work with my band after I have something to work with.

THANK YOU

Nykee,

As you can see, people who are losing weight, with or without restriction, are not eating junk food. They are not eating junk food on a daily basis because they are making healthy choices. I can eat a shit load of junk all day long without a problem and I am pretty well restricted. I have to fight the cravings, the urges, the emotional eating to make the right choices. Perhaps you should start to cook and not use that as an excuse. What do your kids eat if you don't cook? It sounds to me like you are hoping that having restriction willl prevent you from eating junk. That is not going to stop you from eating fast food all day. You have to change your lifestyle if you want to lose weight. Again, the band is a tool for all of us. It lessens our appetite so we can eat less food. Less healthy food in moderation, not junk food or anything we impulsively choose to put in our mouths. It is apparent how much effort people put into preparing and making healthy choices to work with the band and make the right changes and choices to lose the weight. Many bandsters have lost close to and over 100 lbs. Some do it without restriction, others have less restriction but the main thing is that they have committed themselves to a new way of eating. It is alright to have a junkit day once in a while, but not processed, hi fat/hi calorie foods each and every meal. The only way the band works for people is if they work the band.

I totally agree with La Madam's assessment. Processed and junk food will go down even if you are at your tightest in almost normal quantities. Believe me....Been there done that. Gained 30 pounds after I had lost 50 pounds. If your like me, you hate the thought of PBing and when you are extremely hungry you will reach for whatever goes down which tend to be milkshakes, chocolate etc.

Get an adjustment that will be tight enough to eat meats in small quantities and veggies. Stick to Proteins that fill you up. Eat something healthy every couple hours. It will keep you from stopping by the KFC or wherever.

Maybe this will be a motivator to fight against the fastfood. My cholestrol was 250. I watched that documentary about the guy who only ate at McDonalds for a month for every meal...when they did his statistics, his vitals were in the alarming zones. At that time, I decided to see if my vitals would get better without any fast food. For 2 months I didn't eat any fastfood. my Cholestrol went from 250 to 175. My doctor could not believe I did that without medication. Just those numbers have motivated me not to eat at those places.

Qwinner)

As you can see, people who are losing weight, with or without restriction, are not eating junk food. They are not eating junk food on a daily basis because they are making healthy choices.

girl)

I just wonder how they did this... Thats all and why they would need the band if they were capible of doing it.

Qwinner)

I have to fight the cravings, the urges, the emotional eating to make the right choices.

girl)

I know.. and I have tried to do this for 20 yrs.. tried real hard, tried everything and continue to try,,

Qwinner)

Perhaps you should start to cook and not use that as an excuse.

girl)

I dont want to ciik, dont like to cook and have a hard time cooking because I am disabled.

I dont want to cook any more than I want to diet.. and when I try I give up, same as with a diet.. and everything else that has to do with my health and motivation.

Qwinner)

What do your kids eat if you don't cook?

girl)

They cook for themselves and we eat prepared food very often and junk.

Sad, but true. (they are not overweight BTW)

Qwinner)

It sounds to me like you are hoping that having restriction willl prevent you from eating junk. That is not going to stop you from eating fast food all day.

girl)

Yep.. and yes it will prevent me from eating fast food all day.. I know it will to a degree..

Qwinner)

You have to change your lifestyle if you want to lose weight. Again, the band is a tool for all of us. It lessens our appetite so we can eat less food.

girl)

I was not told it was an appitite supresent.. There are pills fro that and I was never hungry to begin with..

I was told it inhibits the amount of food you can eat and thats what I will continue to seek until I am filled right.

I can even know what I am gonna do with this band yet, I HAVE NO RESTRICTION.. I will be sure to let all you good people know though as soon as I have it.. I dont know what I will do..

I would take a bet i wont use it responsibily as I am surpose to.. WHEN HAVE I EVER IN 20 yrs been responsible about my diet and health??

I WANT TO, I try BUT the fact is THTA I DONT.. thats just me being realistic about my self.

Qwinner)

Less healthy food in moderation, not junk food or anything we impulsively choose to put in our mouths. It is apparent how much effort people put into preparing and making healthy choices to work with the band and make the right changes and choices to lose the weight. Many bandsters have lost close to and over 100 lbs. Some do it without restriction, others have less restriction but the main thing is that they have committed themselves to a new way of eating. It is alright to have a junkit day once in a while, but not processed, hi fat/hi calorie foods each and every meal. The only way the band works for people is if they work the

Girl)

I KNOW.. I Do

I still can post my feelings.. do not claim they are the right ones to have.

I cant wait for a fill with restriction to see how I will use my band..

Gained 30 pounds after I had lost 50 pounds. If your like me, you hate the thought of PBing and when you are extremely hungry you will reach for whatever goes down which tend to be milkshakes, chocolate etc.

>>>>>>>>I am never hungry... but I MIGHT do that if I get hungry after I finally get some restriction. I will have to really try hard and think NOT to do that!!!!

Get an adjustment that will be tight enough to eat meats in small quantities and veggies. Stick to Proteins that fill you up. Eat something healthy every couple hours. It will keep you from stopping by the KFC or wherever.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yes! thank you.. Thats all i want..

I went to KFC today! Sheesh.. I am such a hog

I had:

One BBQ thigh (most of it)

One and a half biscuit with butter and honey

1/3 cup cole slaw

3/4 cup mashed potatoes and gravy

6 broccolii head flourettes

3 bites potatoe salad

2 bites maccironi salad

4 bites noodle pot pie

1/4 cup peach cobbler

10 ounces 2% milk

I shouldnt be able to eat all that and feel no restriction..

If I felt the uncomfortable feeling I would stop

Well I didnt stop till I was stuffed.. thats how much I have always ate until I was stuffed.

Maybe this will be a motivator to fight against the fastfood. My cholestrol was 250. I watched that documentary about the guy who only ate at McDonalds for a month for every meal...when they did his statistics, his vitals were in the alarming zones.

>>>>>>>>>I watched it too.. it was VERY scary.. and I didnt eat fast food burgers for like a month and then it was like everything I watched didnt matter.. My choloserol is high too.. i take meds for it.

At that time, I decided to see if my vitals would get better without any fast food. For 2 months I didn't eat any fastfood. my Cholestrol went from 250 to 175. My doctor could not believe I did that without medication. Just those numbers have motivated me not to eat at those places.

>>>>>>>>>>.WOW really? well I just went two weeks with no fast food.. (just started back recently)

But its one of the RULES i think I could really keep, especially when I am in the mode of being banded and following rules.

its just hard to make any rules and follow them when I dont even feel banded yet..

THANKS FOR YOUE support!!!

I am posting my daily eats here until I get back under control, feel free to comment anytime, i wont take offence, I need constructive criticism. :Bunny

Breakfast:

1 medium banana sliced

1/2 cup fat free yogurt

1 tablespoon linseed,almond, wheat germ mix

(will get calories at later time today)

Cheers

I've been away too long. I'm still fighting obsessive/compulsive demons. I'm great for lunch, no problem, but I've been eating too much (so that it hurts.) I haven't gained much, but I haven't lost in months.

Today:

Large Light Starbucks

1 Coke (weird, I never drank soda pre-band)

1 cup Chinese veggies mixed with rice

8 Trisquits

HELP, dinner IS CALLING SOON.

Hello,

Okay, this is exactly what I need to keep myself accountable for what I'm eating!! I think I am perfectly restricted, ONLY when my mind is in the right place!!

Breakfast:

1/2 health nut english muffin 90Cal

1/2 tbsp. Peanut Butter 80 Cal

Lunch:

8 pack chicken nuggets Chick-fil-A 280 Cal

Snack:

1 cup mini shredded wheat 200 Cal

3 strawberries 40 Cal

1 cup 1% milk 100 Cal

(Normally I don't have a snack like this, but I worked out for an hour and had an early lunch, so at 4:30 I was hungry!!)

So, that's a total of 790 calories so far, so I only have a budget of 310 for dinner......

I'm trying to do around 1100 calories a day..

Thanks,

Monica

For lunch yesterday I had 2 fried eggs on two pieces of toast :cross-eye

I had a plum and a cuppa tea for a snack

Beef goulash made with snags for dinner

More Yoghurt and LSA for desert..

During the day I had 2 more cups of tea (splenda for sweetner.) and a cup of ovaltine lite break. I will be saving this for more of a treat from now on after realising that I can have 5 cups of tea for the same cals...

My total calories for the day according to my book equalled 1366. FITDAY said it was less than this.Will put in exact amount later on...forgotten what it is right now... its 1156.

Protein - 60gm

carbs - 137gm

Should these in reality be the other way around? Should up the anty on protein and down play carbs more??

Today I have had a much better understanding of what is going on!

Breakfast was two boiled eggs 180 cal

1/2 med banana 45 cal

1 cup tea, milk 2 splenda 18 cal

snack 2 dry crackers 55 cal

cuppa 18 cal

LUNCH 1/2 cup yoghurt 214 cal

1 med banana 90 cal

1 tbsp LSA 60 cal

will be back again after dinner. :Bunny

I have been cruising around this site the last two days and discovering so much here. I wanted to post my eating for today to get things kick started for myself on my pre op Liquid Protein diet agin.

Breakfast frown.gif (not on my liquid diet but gave into the urge to chew)

2 cups frosted shredded mini wheats (1 cup is 190 cal 1 gm fat 5 gm protein)380 cal 2 gm fat and 10 grams of protein

1 cup 8th continent light soy milk vanilla flavored (8 oz is 60 cal 1 gm fat 7 gm protein) {thinking out loud...16 tbsp=1 cup then 8 tbsp=4 oz so 8 oz=1 cup..} 60 cal 1 gm fat 7 gm protein

total bfast: 440 cal 3 gm fat 17 gm Protein

Lunch:

1 scoop Pro Rated Alpine Vanilla Protein Powder (120 cal 1.5 gm fat 22 gm protein)

7 ounces (mixed according to the protein directions) 8th Continent light soy milk Vanilla flavored 52.5 cal 0.88gm fat 6.13 gm protein)

total lunch : 172.5 cal 2.38 gm fat 28.13 gm protein

My plan is to have another Protein Shake for dinner.

i have already drank 2 16.9 oz bottles of Water between Breakfast and lunch

i will keep up on my water intake. i some times add the 5 cal crystal light packets to my water bottles so if i do i will be sure to include them in my cal intake today. Do i get credit for exercise for having to calculate all those odd numbers to get my intake amounts for each thing i have? LOL

my big concern is this: my understanding of my new stomach is that it will only be able to hold 1/2 cup total. How do i properly feed myself and keep myself hydrated if I only have a container that hold 1/2 cup max?

i understand the concept of sipping my water and that but as far as once i am back on solids how do I know how much of what to eat? do i get 2 ounces of protein and the rest veggies and then carbs? I am concerned and want to do this the right way as not to learn unhealthy behaviors for eating with my new stomach. I read on here that some one is going to re-train herself to eat the way she would a new baby. leave the junk out. introduce the Proteins and veggies and leave the sugary and carb loaded options out. I am going to try that as well.

I was concerned that I may be taking this too literally but, after reading your threads about how easy it is to eat the wrong things. I want to make the most of what I have invested so much time, effort and most of all money into getting this for myself. I want to utilize the tool I will be getting to the fullest extent.

I am going to start keeping a journal of everything today. what i eat . how i feel when i eat. how much i exercise and my hopes and dreams for the new me. the purpose of my journal is to allow myself and my dr to see where i am with my lapband and my life. I think it could also be a useful tool to others who decide to embark on this journey. I know that if there were a journal out there that I could peek at and read I would. And I would take the best parts of it and apply it to my journey. I have found that in this web site and I am very grateful for being allowed to be a part of it. :cheeky

The capacity given for the pouch is always misleading to folks - IF the pouch was a closed system, it is designed to only hold a few ounces. BUT, the pouch is NOT a closed system. Think of it more like a funnel than a container. How fast the funnel empties determines how much volume you can eat. How fast the funnel empties is determined by:

How much restriction you have

The consistency of the stuff you eat

So, just like a real funnel, liquids will pour right through. If you have a big opening in the funnel you may not be able to overfill the funnel's holding tank. If you have a small opening in the funnel, even liquids can start backing up into the holding tank and eventually overflow if you pour stuff in too fast.

Just like with a funnel, the more liquidy the stuff that goes in is, the faster it drains out of the pouch. If you put chopped up chicken in your funnel, depending on how big the opening is, it will either get clogged up or trickle through.

How much you eat at any given time is determined by WHAT you are eating, and HOW you feel. Once the swelling from your surgery goes down, you may feel as though the funnel is wide open, and no matter how fast you pour stuff in, it runs right through. However as you get fills the funnel opening becomes smaller, and stuff doesn't go through as quickly as before.

It's always good to go slow and test the waters each time you eat, because the feeling of restriciton does vary, often times throughout the day.

Hope this makes things clearer!!