Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Journal Thread

DeLarla - I hear ya about the 1 feline and 2 canines!!! I thought since I was eating way less than before they would stop begging!!! But they still seem to love my fat free cheese and oatmeal with wheat germ and flaxseed.....!!! Does this mean they are desperate or are they creatures of habit just like us???

There is no way I'm going to count the calories in everything I consumed tonight but I *will* report it here.

Saturday

Breakfast 10:00

1 kashi Go lean frozen waffle...they are really good if you let them sit and soak up some Syrup. But what isn't good if you let it soak up sugar?

1/8 c. lite syrup

butter

lunch 1:30, in the car on the way home from the store

1 chicken leg, no skin

1/4 c. of deli mac and cheese

snack: 4:00

A cup of lasagna

dinner

Brie with pears and toast

half a cup of salad with balsamic vinnagrette ( i don't know how to spell English words must less French ones)

two glasses of Reisling wine...

two vodka sours with grenadine (I keep ordering a megan on the rocks but I guess the name for my drink hasn't caught on yet)

A handful of onion rings

a couple of cups of ketchup to make the onion rings slide down.

Fellow Bandsters- DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS MENU. IT IS FOR PROFESSIONALS ONLY.

I gotta go to bed. I think I have serious gas.

Megan

TRUE CONFESSIONS - here goes!

Breakfast burrito

coffee w/ cream

1 glass wine

1 Bloody Mary

2 Vodka cranberrys

1/2 bag popcorn

1 frozen fish patty w/ too much tarter

steamed veggies w/ butter

15 potato chips

1/2 can clam chowder

1/4 beefy sandwich

almost 1 PB

All day... uhhhh, like only 3 cups Water.< /p>

Breakfast: Cheerios

Lunch:

fudge graham bar (it sounds junky, but, actually it was one of those health type food bars-170 calories

Lite yogurt-keylime pie

fruit cup

32oz bottle of Water

Dinner:

salad with ceasar dressing (I didn't realize until tonight how many calories in it, 170 for 2 tbsp. ) I probably was using at least 3 or 4 no wonder I wasn't losing weight lol

beef with noodles (tv dinner)

32 oz water

snack: chocolate Peanut Butter bar-120 calories and tastes icky lol

Megan (sp),

I am so jealous, peas, onion rings, mac and cheese? I haven't been able to eat those things since my surgery. You go girl!!!

Denise :

I am so jealous, peas, onion rings, mac and cheese? I haven't been able to eat those things since my surgery. You go girl!!!

Um...those things are what is keeping me from losing weight!!! I think I need a fill. I'm at that point where I'm restricted, but food just doesn't sit in the pouch for any length of time, and then I eat again.

Breakfast Sunday:

(after the tub of onion rings and the cocktails last night, I thought it best to eat something simple)

Low fat Yogurt

dinner sat: baked turkey meat

sunday:

breakfast: chili, cheese, ranch dressing

snack: 5 pieces sf chocolate

lunch: turkey and cheese low carb wrap, with real mayo

snack: jack in the box, 1 small chicken sandwich with tomatoe and mayo, 3 jalapeno poppers, 1 egg roll

yes then i proceeded to dinner

dinner: new york strip steak, 1 piece of toast with Peanut Butter, 2 handfuls of popcorn light, 2 dosido girl scout Cookies

whatIet 2/19

breakfast: 2 mugs of coffee, 1 tbl spoon turbinado sugar, 3 tbl 1/2 & 1/2 (okay, so I have a GIANT mug...)

rest of the day:

2 cups Irio, 350

8oz pound groud beef (9%) 450

3 oz sharp chedder 540 (dang!)

cup of milk 120

4 Cookies 280

Total calories ~1800

No birthday cake or ice cream for me.

SUNDAY Feb 20th

Breakfast:

1 scrambled egg - 65 calories

4 pieces of bacon - ?? calories

Coffee - 0 calories with Equal

Calories: 65

Fat:

Carb:

Protein: 7 g

Water: 24 oz

Exercise: 20 min Pilates

Megan, I understand. I saw your big weight loss so I was impressed you could eat those things. I don't know what adjustments you have had. Onion rings were one of my biggest addictions. So, it is probably for the best I can't eat them. I really miss onions in general. I can no longer eat them...they will not go down.

Everybody's band reacts differently to foods. I read in Shelly's I think it was.....wraps. I can't have a wrap with my band. I can eat a doughnut with np, but, for some reason pita bread or that soft taco shell will not go down for me.

hey denise! i dont have as much restriction as i would like. i can eat way more than i am comfortable with.

i am hoping to get another fill sometime soon...

Denise-

It's funny that you think my weightloss is "big" when I feel like I've been on the plateau from hell. But, I bought a 50 pound bag of bird seed and could barely get it out of the car. I put it on my shoulder and walked around with it for a few minutes taking in how it used to feel when I was 50 pounds heavier. No wonder I was so tired.

You also say that you can't eat onion rings, yet you can eat a donut. Well, I can't eat a donut, that's for sure!!! Isn't it weird how we all react?

Oh, here's today's journal:

Breakfast

Thought I would have yogurt but it tasted nasty so I had a Protein shake instead with banana and Peanut Butter -but made with Water not milk (adds an extra 100 cals or so). (Tip- I get pretty ripe bananas at the store and then peel them, cut them in half, and freeze them. When I add a frozen banana half to my shake it makes it cream and really cold...and adds a little flavor. Very yummy.)

Lunch:

Tiny piece of lasagna. I am a terrible cook so it's all dried out and I can't eat very much of it.

Snack:

a handful of cheese It's which I ate too fast and then PBed. Yes, even us experienced bandsters screw up. If you PB something, does it count? :D

5 almond bark covered pretzels

Dinner:

1 cup of chicken Noodle Soup

Half a slice of toast with butter and strawberry jelly

a handful of mini speckled eggs (easter candy is the devil)

two pieces of dove chocoloate

Snack:

half a cup of broccoli

half a cup of califlower

fat free dill dip (only has 35 cals per serving vs. the non fat free that has 120!!)

I'm doing a little experiment to see if eating raw veggies at night keeps me fuller longer than eating popcorn or something else like that. I am too tight to eat them during the day so maybe this is a good way to get in fruits and veggies? I'll keep you all posted.

Cals:1397

I decided to find out how much damage I did yesterday so I plugged in the whole wretched day into fitday. It was only 2100 calories which I guess isn't really all that bad for going out and wooping it up.

Megan

NEW DAY BETTER CHOICES!!!

breakfast:

1 medium orange...62 cal

1 wasa oat cracker.....60 cal

1 tablespoon natural Peanut Butter....100 cal

CALORIES: 216

snack dired plums aka PRUNES 120

handful of peanuts

lunch....

new york strip the size of a deck of cards i guess 4 oz...275 calotres

1/2 cup lentils...175 cal

1 wasa oat cracker.....60 cal

2 tablespoon natural peanut butter....200 cal

dinner....

new york strip the size of a deck of cards i guess 4 oz...275 calotres

1/2 cup lentils...175 cal

snack....popscicle...no sugar added 25 calories...

calories for the day....1560

i'll update to how i stick to it.

its 12:45 here and i have already eaten everything all i have left is dinner. i may have another snack in there somewhere