Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 02/10/2020 at 13:17, Taj said:

Yes, I’m afraid so. My three are adults now but when my sons were young, food was a huge expense. My oldest is 6’3” and about 320 lbs. Youngest son is 6”5”, size 17 shoe and 240 lbs. They were always big boys with big appetites so I know what you’re saying!!

Omg u have tall boys! That is great!!! My babies r tiny and young lol so I will be preparing for the food expense in the near future lol ages 4 months 3yrs and 5 yrs 2 boys 1 girl. Eeekkk I love babies I want so many more lol

On 02/10/2020 at 13:22, Taj said:

You’re doing fantastic and your excitement shines through!! Keep doing what you’re doing cause it’s working!! Also had my vsg on 1/6/20. Down 21 lbs, which might be considered slow, but not concerned because I haven’t been able to eat much so I’m not exercising yet. Right now I’m just focused on figuring out what I can eat, being balanced and establishing healthy eating and sleeping habits. I’ve talked about the frustrating constipation and it is definitely NO joke. What is your stool softener routine? I just started trying them last week and they don’t seem to do anything for me.

Is the regular stool softeners don’t work on a regular every 6 hour routine. I purchased the stool so free with a mild laxative the equate brand at Walmart. They r gentle but dependable.

On 02/10/2020 at 19:17, sarahSingh91 said:

Omg u have tall boys! That is great!!! My babies r tiny and young lol so I will be preparing for the food expense in the near future lol ages 4 months 3yrs and 5 yrs 2 boys 1 girl. Eeekkk I love babies I want so many more lol

Yea, my babies were what kept me going. Now I have my precious grandchildren and it’s absolutely amazing spending time with them as a grandparent. It’s so funny that the week before surgery my five year old grandson said “MiMi, you have a huge butt.” lol I laughed and said “not for long...”

Hi everyone

I posted on the other old post, then discovered this one. I had my surgery back on Jan 22nd. Almost 3 weeks post. Couldn’t wait to start puree/soft food last Tuesday Feb 4th(My diet require me to start puree/soft food 3 weeks after surgery). No issues so far except Constipation. Trying out green tea with mint and I’ll see the results. I also had heartburn and not sure if It was because blended strawberries or because 0 fat greek yogurt. I go nauseous from broths, from my Vitamins, and from my Protein Shakes. Another thing that I’m facing is dizziness, short breath, high heart pulse rate when I stand up quickly or when I climb the stairs (live on the third floor). The good news is that this isn’t because a leak, but because the lack of food. They did blood count for me and everything is looking good.

Sorry for the long message. I just wanted to share the whole experience.

2 hours ago, Zyad said:

Hi everyone

I posted on the other old post, then discovered this one. I had my surgery back on Jan 22nd. Almost 3 weeks post. Couldn’t wait to start puree/soft food last Tuesday Feb 4th(My diet require me to start puree/soft food 3 weeks after surgery). No issues so far except constipation. Trying out green tea with mint and I’ll see the results. I also had heartburn and not sure if It was because blended strawberries or because 0 fat greek yogurt. I go nauseous from broths, from my Vitamins, and from my Protein Shakes. Another thing that I’m facing is dizziness, short breath, high heart pulse rate when I stand up quickly or when I climb the stairs (live on the third floor). The good news is that this isn’t because a leak, but because the lack of food. They did blood count for me and everything is looking good.

Oh, goodness! I sure hope the Constipation, nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, and fast heart rate all go away soon . That's a lot to deal with. 😬

On 02/10/2020 at 21:08, Zyad said:

Hi everyone

I posted on the other old post, then discovered this one. I had my surgery back on Jan 22nd. Almost 3 weeks post. Couldn’t wait to start puree/soft food last Tuesday Feb 4th(My diet require me to start puree/soft food 3 weeks after surgery). No issues so far except constipation. Trying out green tea with mint and I’ll see the results. I also had heartburn and not sure if It was because blended strawberries or because 0 fat greek yogurt. I go nauseous from broths, from my Vitamins, and from my Protein Shakes. Another thing that I’m facing is dizziness, short breath, high heart pulse rate when I stand up quickly or when I climb the stairs (live on the third floor). The good news is that this isn’t because a leak, but because the lack of food. They did blood count for me and everything is looking good.

Hi Zyad. I was prescribed Prilosec 40mg for 30 days and anti-nausea medication. The prescription strength Prilosec is double the dosage of OTC and has really helped me a lot. Dizziness and shortness of breath used to happen to me whenever I was on a diet—same as you it was my body adjusting to lower calories. Beginning of week 6 and I’m still having to use senna tea to have a bowel movement. Constipation is painful and I start feeling sick after two days so I’ve started drinking 1 cup of tea nightly, which produces 1 small BM each morning. I tried the senna Syrup but it’s too strong. I want a BM, not diarrhea. Unfortunately stool softeners only caused bloating, no matter how many I took or how regularly I took them. It will get better. I’m finally figuring out what my body needs and wants and feeling healthier. Keep us posted on your progress.

Yesterday I decided to drink Water with apple cider vinegar throughout the day instead of crystal lite. Dropped two pounds overnight, versus two pounds in one week. Don’t know if that was the reason, but I’m going to continue. Also started doing this 20 day, full body fitness plan found on My Fitness Pal. My legs were sore when I got out of bed this morning.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/20-day-full-body-fitness-program/

3 minutes ago, Taj said:

Hi Zyad. I was prescribed Prilosec 40mg for 30 days and anti-nausea medication. The prescription strength Prilosec is double the dosage of OTC and has really helped me a lot. Dizziness and shortness of breath used to happen to me whenever I was on a diet—same as you it was my body adjusting to lower calories. Beginning of week 6 and I’m still having to use senna tea to have a bowel movement. constipation is painful and I start feeling sick after two days so I’ve started drinking 1 cup of tea nightly, which produces 1 small BM each morning. I tried the senna Syrup but it’s too strong. I want a BM, not diarrhea. Unfortunately stool softeners only caused bloating, no matter how many I took or how regularly I took them. It will get better. I’m finally figuring out what my body needs and wants and feeling healthier. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Taj

thanks a lot for the great info. I started to drink green tea with mint. I used to drink it to help me digest food and relax. Thanks god it’s allowed on my diet. I’m trying to use all natural good stuff for the new lifestyle. Nothing better than that.
It’s good to have a good communication with what your body needs and what it hates. In my opinion, this is the best diet for you and your body. That’s also my goal with the new lifestyle. I’ve lost significant amount of weight before, but 8 months after that, my body started to hate me just because I used to do whatever it takes to “lose weight”.

On 02/11/2020 at 08:56, Taj said:

Yesterday I decided to drink Water with apple cider vinegar throughout the day instead of crystal lite. Dropped two pounds overnight, versus two pounds in one week. Don’t know if that was the reason, but I’m going to continue. Also started doing this 20 day, full body fitness plan found on My Fitness Pal. My legs were sore when I got out of bed this morning.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/20-day-full-body-fitness-program/

Awesome! Apple cider vinegar is amazing. How Much do you add to your Water and how many times a day?

Just had my two week post op follow up and am doing great. Down 20 lbs since my first visit and 14 since surgery. Surgeon cleared me for machines at the gym as long as I can hit 400-500 calories a day. Any less than that and I'm doing myself a disservice. Still a couple months away from intense workouts like kickboxing and body combat.

He called me one of the easy ones.

I'm excited to get to the gym tonight!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 02/11/2020 at 11:25, sarahSingh91 said:

Awesome! Apple cider vinegar is amazing. How Much do you add to your Water and how many times a day?

2tsp for every 8 oz. I added ice today and thinking about putting a small amount of Splenda. It’s my new Water so I’ll be drinking close to 64 oz. Yesterday I only did about 4 cups. I just want to completely get away from all things artificial and want zero calories in liquids (other than Protein shakes) so no more crystal lite.

On 02/11/2020 at 09:33, BadWolfGirl said:

Just had my two week post op follow up and am doing great. Down 20 lbs since my first visit and 14 since surgery. Surgeon cleared me for machines at the gym as long as I can hit 400-500 calories a day. Any less than that and I'm doing myself a disservice. Still a couple months away from intense workouts like kickboxing and body combat.

He called me one of the easy ones.

I'm excited to get to the gym tonight!

Omg yayyy!!!! So can u do weight machines or just like treadmill etc?

On 02/11/2020 at 11:06, Taj said:

2tsp for every 8 oz. I added ice today and thinking about putting a small amount of Splenda. It’s my new Water so I’ll be drinking close to 64 oz. Yesterday I only did about 4 cups. I just want to completely get away from all things artificial and want zero calories in liquids (other than Protein shakes) so no more crystal lite.

Yes I just drink plain Water but I have always been a water drinker. So not a big deal but I may actually start adding a little apple cider vinegar

I used to love having big giant gulps of cold Water but find it hard to “sip” plain water. The ice cold water with apple cider vinegar and truvia is actually very refreshing. I said 2tsp acv per 8 oz water but probable more like 1tsp because I add ice. Can’t wait to see if I drop another two pounds overnight. lol

Omg yayyy!!!! So can u do weight machines or just like treadmill etc?
He said I can do machines just fine but quote "don't enter any lifting competitions" lol