Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Just had 1oz eggbeaters with 1/2oz mushroom, 1/2 oz snow crab and was able to eat it all. Yay!! Full 2 oz in one sitting and no foamy backup for first time in 5 weeks. Today is beginning of week 6 so happy to have found something I can stomach. Thanks to those who mentioned eggbeaters. I don’t like egg whites and still hate throwing out food so couldn’t bring myself to crack an egg and throw away the yolk. Eggbeaters is a great alternative for me. It seems expensive but considering how little I can eat, I feel it will be worth it.

Just had 1oz eggbeaters with 1/2oz mushroom, 1/2 oz snow crab and was able to eat it all. Yay!! Full 2 oz in one sitting and no foamy backup for first time in 5 weeks. Today is beginning of week 6 so happy to have found something I can stomach. Thanks to those who mentioned eggbeaters. I don’t like egg whites and still hate throwing out food so couldn’t bring myself to crack an egg and throw away the yolk. Eggbeaters is a great alternative for me. It seems expensive but considering how little I can eat, I feel it will be worth it.
That's awesome! When I eat egg whites I give the yolk to the dogs ! No waste with those guys around lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Speaking of how little we can eat...I love love love how much money I’m saving on food!!! Living in NYC I had become a delivery food junky. Every day was logging on to grubhub to see what’s for lunch or dinner or both. We were averaging $40/day, sometimes more. That’s over $1,000/month on restaurants alone. I deleted all food apps from my phone and am truly loving being in the kitchen trying out the recipes posted here. Thank you peeps!!

Speaking of how little we can eat...I love love love how much money I’m saving on food!!! Living in NYC I had become a delivery food junky. Every day was logging on to grubhub to see what’s for lunch or dinner or both. We were averaging $40/day, sometimes more. That’s over $1,000/month on restaurants alone. I deleted all food apps from my phone and am truly loving being in the kitchen trying out the recipes posted here. Thank you peeps!!
I have teenagers so haven't my food bill will be astronomical for years lol

On 02/10/2020 at 07:59, rene50 said:

Sounds like you are doing great! Hope that allergic reaction doesn’t happen again, sounds terrible. Thanks for sharing and I hope you’ll let us know how your appointment goes. 18 pounds! Awesome 👏 !

Good news the allergic reaction is going away well and I’m on soft foods so I just had some avocado 🥑 smashed very smooth and tuna in Water and I’m satisfied it feels like a party🥳🤣 I’m down 20lbs when I stripped down at doctor this morning no other issues🙌🏾Happy as hell Thanks guys for the support💃🏽🤩

17 minutes ago, kswin79 said:

Good news the allergic reaction is going away well and I’m on soft foods so I just had some avocado 🥑 smashed very smooth and tuna in Water and I’m satisfied it feels like a party🥳🤣 I’m down 20lbs when I stripped down at doctor this morning no other issues🙌🏾Happy as hell Thanks guys for the support💃🏽🤩

Woo hoo!!! Happy you’ve lost 20 pounds and feeling good !

Alright, I'm not posting as much as many of ya'll, but I'm still around and reading - kudos to all of you for the hard work! Progress update on this end: Surgical date: 1/6/20 (VSG) - weight 310.5. Weight check this morning was 275.6. YEAH BABY!

The hardest thing for me has been finding things that don't leave my stomach feeling "heavy" (I don't know how else to describe it). I'm doing lots of soup/stews and eggs (which are easy for me fortunately). Without getting too graphic let me suggest everyone stay on top of their Fiber supplements. Constipation is NOT fun. For those struggling, stool softeners will be your friend.

Continued good luck to you all!

Today I was finally able to take off my wedding rings!! It is the first time in 3 years I’ve been able to do so. Best non scale victory!! Thank goodness my marriage has held together. 🤣😂

15 minutes ago, walkthewalk said:

Today I was finally able to take off my wedding rings!! It is the first time in 3 years I’ve been able to do so. Best non scale victory!! Thank goodness my marriage has held together. 🤣😂

Very nice. I had to buy ring size adjuster as my wedding band felt like it was too loose. Hopefully everyone will need them. Here are the ones I got and they work well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3RCQGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by Uomograsso

On 02/10/2020 at 09:13, BadWolfGirl said:

I have teenagers so haven't my food bill will be astronomical for years lol

Yes, I’m afraid so. My three are adults now but when my sons were young, food was a huge expense. My oldest is 6’3” and about 320 lbs. Youngest son is 6”5”, size 17 shoe and 240 lbs. They were always big boys with big appetites so I know what you’re saying!!

On 02/10/2020 at 13:41, RMaxton76 said:

Alright, I'm not posting as much as many of ya'll, but I'm still around and reading - kudos to all of you for the hard work! Progress update on this end: Surgical date: 1/6/20 (VSG) - weight 310.5. Weight check this morning was 275.6. YEAH BABY!

The hardest thing for me has been finding things that don't leave my stomach feeling "heavy" (I don't know how else to describe it). I'm doing lots of soup/stews and eggs (which are easy for me fortunately). Without getting too graphic let me suggest everyone stay on top of their Fiber supplements. constipation is NOT fun. For those struggling, stool softeners will be your friend.

You’re doing fantastic and your excitement shines through!! Keep doing what you’re doing cause it’s working!! Also had my vsg on 1/6/20. Down 21 lbs, which might be considered slow, but not concerned because I haven’t been able to eat much so I’m not exercising yet. Right now I’m just focused on figuring out what I can eat, being balanced and establishing healthy eating and sleeping habits. I’ve talked about the frustrating Constipation and it is definitely NO joke. What is your stool softener routine? I just started trying them last week and they don’t seem to do anything for me.

On 02/10/2020 at 14:39, walkthewalk said:

That must have been a huge relief. I took my ring off two years ago when it started feeling tight and haven’t been able to put it on since. You’re a real trooper to have kept on a tight ring for so long but congrats on taking control of your new life and now being able to put it on and take it off whenever you please. I’m trying on my ring every few days so getting it on will be something to Celebrate.

On 02/10/2020 at 06:40, BadWolfGirl said:

That's awesome! When I eat egg whites I give the yolk to the dogs ! No waste with those guys around lol

Lol I also give my dogs the yolk in there food. They love it. Lol

On 02/10/2020 at 11:41, RMaxton76 said:

The hardest thing for me has been finding things that don't leave my stomach feeling "heavy" (I don't know how else to describe it). I'm doing lots of soup/stews and eggs (which are easy for me fortunately). Without getting too graphic let me suggest everyone stay on top of their Fiber supplements. constipation is NOT fun. For those struggling, stool softeners will be your friend.

Yayy glad you’re doing great! Have u hit any stalls? I think I may be in one right now and it really messes with my head. I started doubting myself. Then called surgeon and he said it’s fine which I have heard about them. But when things r moving along and then stop ur like o hell no lol yea I understand the heavy feeling. It just like hits ur stomach hard.

On 02/10/2020 at 12:39, walkthewalk said:

I love hearing non scale victories! Awesome!!!