Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

4 hours ago, Taj said:

Hi Zyad. I was prescribed Prilosec 40mg for 30 days and anti-nausea medication. The prescription strength Prilosec is double the dosage of OTC and has really helped me a lot. Dizziness and shortness of breath used to happen to me whenever I was on a diet—same as you it was my body adjusting to lower calories. Beginning of week 6 and I’m still having to use senna tea to have a bowel movement. constipation is painful and I start feeling sick after two days so I’ve started drinking 1 cup of tea nightly, which produces 1 small BM each morning. I tried the senna Syrup but it’s too strong. I want a BM, not diarrhea. Unfortunately stool softeners only caused bloating, no matter how many I took or how regularly I took them. It will get better. I’m finally figuring out what my body needs and wants and feeling healthier. Keep us posted on your progress.

Hi Taj

Are you still having dizziness? If not, how long did it take your body to adjust after the surgery? I’m now three weeks post op and still having dizziness when I stand up

4 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Just had my two week post op follow up and am doing great. Down 20 lbs since my first visit and 14 since surgery. Surgeon cleared me for machines at the gym as long as I can hit 400-500 calories a day. Any less than that and I'm doing myself a disservice. Still a couple months away from intense workouts like kickboxing and body combat.

He called me one of the easy ones.

I'm excited to get to the gym tonight!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That’s great! Enjoy your workout.

On 02/11/2020 at 12:43, BadWolfGirl said:

He said I can do machines just fine but quote "don't enter any lifting competitions" lol

Ok cool. I’m 4 weeks post op and I think I’m going to start my workout light again. Because my surgeons PA keeps telling me no work the 6 weeks. But I thinks it depends on the surgeons presences. I feel totally healed for God sake I carry around my 5 month old in a car seat I’m sure I can do a little jog and get some reps in lol

On 02/11/2020 at 15:34, Zyad said:

Hi Taj

Are you still having dizziness? If not, how long did it take your body to adjust after the surgery? I’m now three weeks post op and still having dizziness when I stand up

Around 2 weeks post op I added Iron to my supplements and a few days later no more dizziness. Only issue I have now is getting in enough calories. My sleeve seems to be operating like a bypass in that I can barely eat 1 oz of anything at one meal so I’m still relying heavily on Protein Shakes. Foods I used to love I can no longer eat so it’s tricky. But try to get in your Protein and fluids and add iron to your supplements. B-12 definitely helps me with energy.

On 02/11/2020 at 15:34, Zyad said:

Hi Taj

My surgeon didn’t tell me to take additional Iron. I started taking it because at my medical clearance appt my pcp told me I was slightly anemic. I figure if I was slightly anemic at 228lbs, that wouldn’t get better after surgery so started taking iron and I’m pretty sure that’s what helped with the dizziness.

4 minutes ago, Taj said:

My surgeon didn’t tell me to take additional Iron. I started taking it because at my medical clearance appt my pcp told me I was slightly anemic. I figure if I was slightly anemic at 228lbs, that wouldn’t get better after surgery so started taking Iron and I’m pretty sure that’s what helped with the dizziness.

If you don’t mind, what are the supplements you’re using? I’m thinking to change the ones I have

Day two of being on full soft foods and the avocado 🥑 and tuna fish in Water went down well I ate about 2oz of both and had no issues. I drank my water after but I am excited to have some kind of regular food🤣😂 I am gonna venture out and try some refried Beans with shredded cheese for dinner I’ll let you guys know about that bc I’m no big fan of beans so we shall see🤷🏽‍♀️🤣Thanks for all recipes and suggestions guys it’s helping me get thru💃🏽💕

Hey would anyone like to share what they eat in a day? This is why I ask. I am in a stall and I am kind of a little upset. And freaking out. Pretty sure wits just me being paranoid I am averaging 400-600 calories a day and I am in my 5th week post op? The scale didn’t move this week :/

On 02/11/2020 at 18:09, Zyad said:

If you don’t mind, what are the supplements you’re using? I’m thinking to change the ones I have

Multi-vitamin 2xday (per my surgeon) I was taking Centrum chewable but found that it has added sugar and not as many nutrients so switched to opurity by Unjury.< br /> Iron - 45mg 1xday (usually at bedtime
B12 - sublingual every morning
B-Complex - 1xday
Biotin-liquid, 1xday
Calcium w/D3 - 1xday (usually at noon to not interfere with iron
If I start feeling run down or sluggish I take zinc throughout the day. I can definitely feel the difference once the supplements kicked in. I had zero energy the first two weeks but now I’m sleeping regular hours and used to be a horrible insomniac-was so bad that was prescribed Xanax AND Ambien. Took it once and said never again. I want to sleep, not be in a semi-coma!!

On 02/11/2020 at 18:25, sarahSingh91 said:

Hey would anyone like to share what they eat in a day? This is why I ask. I am in a stall and I am kind of a little upset. And freaking out. Pretty sure wits just me being paranoid I am averaging 400-600 calories a day and I am in my 5th week post op? The scale didn’t move this week :/

I think we had our surgery the same day. I didn’t lose a single pound week five. Sunday night lost .4 and Monday night lost .4. That’s why I gave the Water with apple cider vinegar a try yesterday and lost two pounds last night. I have a 32oz Bubba cup that I’m using. I put a little ice and 4 tsp ACV, 2 truvia packets and filled it with Vitamin water. Even if I don’t lose two pounds tonight I’ll keep drinking it. 🤪

Hi Zyad. During my research I’ve printed out no less than 20 different nutrition guidelines. This is from Brigham and Women’s Center for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Last few days:
Breakfast: 1 egg with half slice American cheese
Lunch: 1 oz refried Beans with sprinkle cheddar cheese, 1 oz avocado, 1 ounce sour cream
Dinner: eggdrop Soup with protein/collagen powder

Breakfast: 4 oz cottage cheese with pureed pineapple
Lunch: mashed cauliflower and parsnips (so much better than potatoes! So yummy!)
Dinner: buffalo chicken dip

Breakfast: 3 oz yogurt, 2 baby food (apple peach spinach pouch)
Lunch: string cheese and applesauce
Dinner: pureed lobster bisque (was so good I ate it too fast and got the sweats lol)

Breakfast: 1/2 banana with 1 tbsp peanut butter
Lunch: Yes! Brand soup (cauliflower and roasted potato)
Dinner: refried bean plate as above.

I've only been on purees/soft foods for four days so that's the basic run down. But I'm satisfied and happy! I don't snack in between right now because I was doing poorly on my fluids and it helps to have more time in between to drink more fluids.

I hate Protein Shakes so viscerally much, I bought GENEPRO and have been just mixing that in my fresh iced tea.

Multi-vitamin 2xday (per my surgeon) I was taking Centrum chewable but found that it has added sugar and not as many nutrients so switched to opurity by Unjury.< br>Iron - 45mg 1xday (usually at bedtime
B12 - sublingual every morning
B-Complex - 1xday
Biotin-liquid, 1xday
Calcium w/D3 - 1xday (usually at noon to not interfere with iron
If I start feeling run down or sluggish I take zinc throughout the day. I can definitely feel the difference once the supplements kicked in. I had zero energy the first two weeks but now I’m sleeping regular hours and used to be a horrible insomniac-was so bad that was prescribed Xanax AND Ambien. Took it once and said never again. I want to sleep, not be in a semi-coma!!
I'm also on a bunch of prescription meds from the bariatric center
Calcium
Vitamin D (I was low)
B-12
Iron (also low)
Biotin
Multivitamin chewable 2/day

On my own (with approval) I also take cranberry, apple cider vinegar, and collagen.

8am- one egg white and one white mushroom
11:30- baked chicken thigh seasoned with salt pepper and garlic
2pm- boiled egg white with hummus in the yolk hole
3pm- 1 oz noosa yogurt
5pm- 1oz noosa yogurt (finished it)
7pm- 1oz chicken curry

Ya'll are all ahead of me. I still have a few more days of liquids. I mentioned a couple of days ago that I was in my groove with the liquids, but I TAKE THAT BACK because today was tough. I was hungry. 😟On a positive note, I've lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks! I didn't walk today because it was icky outside, and I didn't do my Yoga either because I just didn't have the energy. I'm averaging 88g of Protein a day, getting a minimum of 64 ozs of fluids, and 450-550 calories.

All the foods ya'll have posted sound wonderful right now!

My vitamins:

Bariatric multi Vitamin with iron-1X day (I ordered on here)

liquid B-12- 2X a day

B1- 1X a day

D3- 1X a day

Biotin- 1X a day

chewable calcium-2X a day at noon and before bed