Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

5 hours ago, rene50 said:

YOU ARE AMAZING! Already back to work! That must be very hard and I'm sure you are zomie-like when you get home, but you are doing it and working your plan.😅 I go back to work Monday, so I'll probably be joining you in Zombieland. Get some rest, girl, and thanks for letting us know how you're doing. 😘

Girl it was no joke. My oldest daughter is a competitive swimmer and I took her to swim that first night. Went out to the car, laid Thursday seat back, turned the key so I could get the heater seat going and took the best nap ever! I told her coach it was a “ Rachel is sleeping at the pool tonight” nap..... he didn’t think that was funny...

I’ll tell you though the second day was worse! Im finally out of the fog and up an hour really because I promised my 9 year old I’d bake Cookies for her project that’s due today and oh yeah, she reminded me at bedtime 😒 fun times.

6 hours ago, Taj said:

I was wondering what happened to you!! I have 100% admiration for people who go back to work so quickly. I’m in week 6 and still wouldn’t want to be back at work. So nice that your insurance pays for supplements and super nice that your surgeon has a package. I would be confused trying to take the Calcium two hours apart from the Multivitamins. lol Thank you for checking in. Speaking for everyone—we missed you!!

Awe you are too sweet. Until last night I legit “tapped out” and told the hubs he had bedtime.... he was SHOCKED! I LOVE bedtime - I don’t care how old they are I’m crawling into their beds and loving on them. But Mama was back last night and did her thing. My 10 year old grabbed my face and said Mama I missed this.... UGH heart breaker!! She was one of my reasons for having the surgery!! But honestly, thanks so much. I love you guys and it’s good to know y’all care xoxo xoxo

Today is my first day on purees. Yay, finally moving to the next stage! I thought the first day of purees was going to be yesterday, but recounted and it wasn't until today. My first meal was 1/2 scrambled egg whisked with Fairlife milk and it was delish, experienced no nausea and it filled me up, which is absolutely amazing to me. It looks like such a tiny amount in this "big" 7 oz ramekin, but I wanted to see what my new normal portion looked like in a regular sized dish. For lunch, I'm going to try refried Beans with a little smashed avocado (thanks Uomograsso) and Protein Powder.

egg.thumb.JPG.8e0b464608ac1e4a8e95177955677e20.JPG

Edited by rene50

First day on soft foods for me today. I had egg beaters omelette with reduced fat cheddar cheese and some canned chicken breast. Forgot to snap a pic, but it was delicious. I could only eat about 3/4 of it though. Going to have buffalo chicken dip for lunch.

First day on soft foods for me today. I had egg beaters omelette with reduced fat cheddar cheese and some canned chicken breast. Forgot to snap a pic, but it was delicious. I could only eat about 3/4 of it though. Going to have buffalo chicken dip for lunch.

Does anyone use a mug warmer or hot plate to keep their food warm as we slug through a meal. Cold egg is nasty.

And yay to all you guys eating food !

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 02/13/2020 at 14:10, BadWolfGirl said:

Does anyone use a mug warmer or hot plate to keep their food warm as we slug through a meal. Cold egg is nasty.

I tried two different mug warmers and they just didn’t work. Now using this hot logic that I found on Amazon and love it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EC7XJ28?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

16 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

No, I guess I don't mind cold food I guess. You could try putting your plate in oven on low temperature to heat it up before putting food on it. I saw Alton Brown use a heating pad to keep food warm on the Good Eats TV show. Maybe that might work?

On 2/9/2020 at 11:38 AM, Uomograsso said:

Just went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. Pre-surgery I was exercising 4 to 5 days a week and felt pretty good. Today I felt week like a kitten even though I did a very easy pace. Just got keep going though.

Hey I have De La Torra as well. Not til Mar 5th. Glad to hear it went well.

1 hour ago, KS Mermaid said:

Hey I have De La Torra as well. Not til Mar 5th. Glad to hear it went well.

You probably won't see him much, but the rest of the staff there are fantastic.

I met him on the first consultation but your correct haven't seen him at any of my other appointments.

Y’all!! Someone posted the Ricotta Bake recipe on the other thread and OMG. It. Is. Heaven.

I served it over spaghetti noodles for my 10 year old and she LOVES it. This will now be in our rotation!!!

CF3CB904-3D1E-413D-987E-CD323E561327.png

D609ECB5-C21D-4BD0-9D21-0AF1E0DF8A92.png

C131C1E1-31FF-4212-9E5F-4329DAFA3FA6.jpeg

Today I had my first oops! I was trying to get my daughter out of the house for volleyball practice and we were all chatting and running around, you know, family dinner chaos, and I shoved a piece of deli meat in my mouth and swallowed it without even thinking about chewing well. I feel so good most days (other than being tired) that I literally forgot I had to eat slow.

You know what reminded me? The vomit that followed. The food felt stuck and usually I can burp through that feeling but not this time. It came right back. That'll show me. Lol

It is so weird to me that I have had zero problems drinking my 64 ozs + of Water each day, and now that I'm eating a tiny amount of pureed food, I'm struggling to get in my water. I'm wayyyy behind for the day, only 24 ozs! Why is that?

It is so weird to me that I have had zero problems drinking my 64 ozs + of Water each day, and now that I'm eating a tiny amount of pureed food, I'm struggling to get in my Water. I'm wayyyy behind for the day, only 24 ozs! Why is that?

Yeah that happened to me too! It's bc we have to wait the 30 mins before and after we eat, so if you're eating frequent small portions, that time adds up! The window is just smaller

4 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Today I had my first oops! I was trying to get my daughter out of the house for volleyball practice and we were all chatting and running around, you know, family dinner chaos, and I shoved a piece of deli meat in my mouth and swallowed it without even thinking about chewing well. I feel so good most days (other than being tired) that I literally forgot I had to eat slow.

You know what reminded me? The vomit that followed. The food felt stuck and usually I can burp through that feeling but not this time. It came right back. That'll show me. Lol

Oh, no! No fun at all. So, I guess the vomiting if you eat too fast is for real!