Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 2/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, PostVSGandKeto said:

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first reply to a thread. I had VSG surgery January 27th, so I'm almost 3 weeks out. Physically I feel fine, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't missing food a lot!

I moved to pureed diet last Monday after 4 weeks all liquid and that first egg I ate was the best thing ever. Today I tried an egg with a runny yolk and thankfully it went down smoothly.

I did throw up for the first time last week when I ate a small piece of salmon, I think I ate it too fast, so I've definitely been a bit gun shy. Sounds like you guys are really brave with your diets, I'm scared to try all these new foods.

I also think I've hit my stall early, I only lost 2lbs last week which was really discouraging. But for now I'm focused on getting in my fluids and Protein Shake (premier protein), and getting food in around that, but between fluids and all the damn supplements I find I'm not hungry all too often.

I'm following now, can't wait to see how everyone is doing!

Wow throwing up already, luckily I haven't had that with food. Haven't tried too many things yet though. I chew everything like 25 times though - especially any meat. Good luck with your food adventures of rediscovery.

22 hours ago, ashleybrooke378 said:

I am 6 days post op and actually feeling hungry today. Can I eat anything?

Far as I know you're not suppose to eat. If you have gastric sleeve you can cause internal damages and need to go in for repairs. You need to really stick to only liquids.

16 hours ago, rene50 said:

Everyone is doing great! Are people who don't know you had surgery commenting on your weight loss yet? I thought for sure someone would say something at church today, but nope. I can tell for sure because I can wear clothes I haven't been able to wear in a few years. I was wearing an 18, and sometimes a 20, and now I'm wearing a 16. I guess that's just not that big of a change for people to notice, but it is to me!

My stats are up to date on my profile.

Doesn't really matter if anyone else notices, I mean it's nice but you did this for you and your health I imagine. While it's so nice to be complimented I know I don't like to compliment on people's weight, or ask if they lost weight, because I never felt I looked "bad" being heavy so I would hate to make someone feel like I thought they looked "bad" heavier.

13 minutes ago, Ostflicka said:

Wow throwing up already, luckily I haven't had that with food. Haven't tried too many things yet though. I chew everything like 25 times though - especially any meat. Good luck with your food adventures of rediscovery.

Yeah, it only happened once and was a good reminder to eat slowly, but it sucked and I'm determined to never let that happen again

Oh wow, I was told not to lift more than 5-10 pounds after surgery. I'm so sore, can barely bend over. Kudos goodness to you for lifting a 5 month old in a car seat - you're super woman
And my doctor cleared me for the weight machines at the gym (provided I can get in 500 cals a day) at my two week post op appt.

There literally is no standard in bariatric surgery. I also believe every person may have different recommendations. For instance I was fairly young and fit before surgery and had no pain, incision or otherwise within a few days after surgery. But there may be an older person who has been sedentary and unfit. We may get two very different recommendations from our doctor's.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Avocado BLT
Avocado, turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato- dash of salt and drizzle of ranch-
They made them in the actually avocado cup but I put in a bowl cause I can only eat 1.5oz. Sometimes only 1oz depends on the day. The actual recipe pic and then my modified bariatric version lol

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.008940696716308594.jpg

On 02/17/2020 at 11:10, BadWolfGirl said:

And my doctor cleared me for the weight machines at the gym (provided I can get in 500 cals a day) at my two week post op appt.

There literally is no standard in bariatric surgery. I also believe every person may have different recommendations. For instance I was fairly young and fit before surgery and had no pain, incision or otherwise within a few days after surgery. But there may be an older person who has been sedentary and unfit. We may get two very different recommendations from our doctor's.

I agree. I miss my daily work outs so bad. It’s driving me crazy. I go for extreme walks 😳 pretty much hiking. (I live in Colorado) and I wear the baby so I feel a good burn ☺️
Yea it seems like my body has to much energy. And I’m itching to run and lift and get back into my HIIT training!!
I am 6 weeks Feb 24!! Yayyy!!!

3 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I saw my doctor 10 days after surgery. He looked at my incisions and he told me I could start exercising, lift weights, go swimming, lol. Said nothing I could do would hurt them, WOW. Go figure. I didn't do any of those things though. Just stuck with walking for a couple of weeks. Then I hopped on the stationary bike at the gym. Tried elliptical today and it just about kicked my butt. I finished 30 minutes though.

8 hours ago, Ostflicka said:

Doesn't really matter if anyone else notices, I mean it's nice but you did this for you and your health I imagine. While it's so nice to be complimented I know I don't like to compliment on people's weight, or ask if they lost weight, because I never felt I looked "bad" being heavy so I would hate to make someone feel like I thought they looked "bad" heavier.

No, it doesn't matter, you are right, of course. I was just happy to fit in my 16's and thought it would be nice if someone noticed.

Today was my first day back at work (I work for an airline) and it went just fine.😀 My energy level is still not as high as I would like, but it is improving each day. It was good to get back to my regular routine.

No, it doesn't matter, you are right, of course. I was just happy to fit in my 16's and thought it would be nice if someone noticed.
If it matters to you, it matters. It it doesn't matter to someone else that's fine for them. You do you girl!

On 02/17/2020 at 17:04, sarahSingh91 said:

Avocado BLT

Avocado, turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato- dash of salt and drizzle of ranch-

They made them in the actually avocado cup but I put in a bowl cause I can only eat 1.5oz. Sometimes only 1oz depends on the day. The actual recipe pic and then my modified bariatric version lol

image-0.008940696716308594.jpg

For some reason I’m just now able to see the pics and that looks delicious!!

On 02/17/2020 at 20:06, BadWolfGirl said:

Before shower tonight I took my 3 week pic. Finally starting to see some changes. Also, man I need to Windex that mirror lolPSX_20200217_181602~2.jpg

I see you also lose in your belly first. Looking great!!!

On 02/17/2020 at 17:56, rene50 said:

It totally matters to me when someone notices lol I just love it