Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

2 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I live in Iowa. I love my neighbors and friends but hate the state. Moved here ten years ago for husband's military contracting job on the arsenal. We're originally from NJ and NY family now lives in Virginia Beach and his family lives in Colorado which is likely where we'll be moving once the kids go to college and get out of my house lol I need space and mountains and outdoor things to do. I feel trapped by flat plains and no forests or mountains here

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

WHAT! You don't love all that flat land and corn! LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mn16d8hs04

11 minutes ago, Uomograsso said:

I started off mixing in mild canned enchilada sauce with my Beans. My stomach handled that well so I tried the spi y refried Beans and some medium sauce. OK with that as well. I made some buffalo chicken dip with low fat cream cheese, canned chicken and Frank's red hot sauce and that was OK as well. Start with the mild and work your way up.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely take it slow!

On 02/20/2020 at 11:29, Uomograsso said:

WHAT! You don't love all that flat land and corn! LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-mn16d8hs04

All of southeast Colorado is also fields corn and nothing lol people think all fo Colorado are huge mountains lol but it’s not. Most of it it but there are chicks everywhere that is agriculture flat plains.

Spaghetti squash with a little Italian blend cheese.
Has anyone tried it yet?

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

2 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Has anyone tried it yet?

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Looks good! I only tried spaghetti squash once, and didn't love it, I hope it goes well

On 02/20/2020 at 09:23, PostVSGandKeto said:

I have a renpho scale, once you buy that, the app is completely free. It tracks your weight, BMI, and a whole slew of other things like bone mass, muscle etc. And it shows you your trends from each weigh in, not just weight, but all the other things it measures. Not sure how accurate that part is, but I love the scale and the app.

Screenshot_20200220-092221_RENPHO.jpg

Screenshot_20200220-092210_RENPHO.jpg

I have to check out that scale!!

On 02/20/2020 at 09:52, sarahSingh91 said:

I downloaded this app and plugged all my numbers in I also got the premium just to check it out. Seems awesome. I screen shot the predictions and want to see if they r right :) this is a cool tool! Did u say it tells u about stalls etc? Can u explain where to find that part! I may weigh in every day for a bit to get some numbers in cause it says it works best with as many weigh in as u can do. I plugged in all my previous weigh ins but it isn’t many.

I’m still trying to figure it all out. Maybe that was just the advertisement because I’m not clear on how it will tell us when to expect a stall. I’ll just keep plugging in my numbers for now. But it is nice to see an actual prediction of the date I’ll reach my goal based on my current progress if I keep doing what I’m doing.

On 02/20/2020 at 10:00, Miles in the UK said:

I had a sleeve on 01/15/20.

Breath and tongue... yep. Brush 4 times a day and have mouth wash too.... Enjoying sending clothes to the homeless shelter and charity shops.

Here are my stats / terms -

• Surgery Date: 01/15/2020

• Height: 6 feet 2 inches

• Starting Weight: 427.7 lbs

• Weight Lost: 58.7 lbs

• Current Weight: 369 lbs

• Goal Weight: 252 lbs

• BMI: 47

You’re doing textbook great!! Your surgical team must be really proud. Let us know if you hit a stall when you start exercising more. Seems to happen a lot.

On 02/20/2020 at 10:05, Miles in the UK said:

Thank you Sarah, I have done Cali a few times but do NY every Feb (not this year for obv reasons). Have skied Heavenly, Tahoe and Breckinridge in Colorado too so know what a beautiful place you call home. As a side role I am a trustee for a Military based charity and have been invited to Pendleton Camp in San Diego to run some classes and talks for the Marines. Looking forward to it.

What a wonderful job to have-truly making a difference in the world. Let me know when you’re in NYC!!

On 02/20/2020 at 14:55, Taj said:

I’m still trying to figure it all out. Maybe that was just the advertisement because I’m not clear on how it will tell us when to expect a stall. I’ll just keep plugging in my numbers for now. But it is nice to see an actual prediction of the date I’ll reach my goal based on my current progress if I keep doing what I’m doing.

Yea I can’t find the stall part but I think it’s maybe trying to get I through the stall to see the bigger picture?

Taj found the answer to stalls. It’s with the moving average under the log book. Is where it helps with stalls. This app is really cool and there a a couple cool weight prediction methods in here.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Has anyone tried it yet? image-0.0029802322387695312.thumb.jpg.7f0bf0c2e3567ea5c6703e538662515e.jpg
image-0.0020265579223632812.thumb.jpg.6b12ea2345699ec0048f7e488ea9f7a0.jpg
I love spaghetti squash. I am still not able to get veggies that don't smush with a fork, but I'm excited. I miss my raw vegetables so much too.

All of southeast Colorado is also fields corn and nothing lol people think all fo Colorado are huge mountains lol but it’s not. Most of it it but there are chicks everywhere that is agriculture flat plains.
my brother-in-law and parents-in-law live in fort Collins, I'd like to live in one of the communities outside of it because much like Denver it's become quite populated. No more flat ground for me lol ideally I'd like to live in the Yukon or Alaska somewhere, but I think it would be too far from my family

On 02/20/2020 at 15:46, BadWolfGirl said:

I love spaghetti squash. I am still not able to get veggies that don't smush with a fork, but I'm excited. I miss my raw vegetables so much too.

This past week I started eating salads. With cucumbers etc. it sits so much better than so many foods! It was so refreshing. The cucumber and celery!!! And tomatoes! I have missed them also!! It’s just lighter to me. It feels lighter it doesn’t feel stuck.

I had a sleeve on 01/15/20.
Breath and tongue... yep. Brush 4 times a day and have mouth wash too.... Enjoying sending clothes to the homeless shelter and charity shops.

Here are my stats / terms -
  • Surgery Date: 01/15/2020
  • Height: 6 feet 2 inches
  • Starting Weight: 427.7 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 58.7 lbs
  • Current Weight: 369 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 252 lbs
  • BMI: 47
Great stats! Makes my measly 16 pounds in 3 weeks look awful! Lolol!