Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 02/19/2020 at 18:57, sarahSingh91 said:

Totally agree I have a 5,3 and 5 month old!! Keeps me on my toes. But I love working out HIIT. I have down it for years and love it! Plus it’s a fast and efficient work out. If I don’t have time to slam weights. I’ll just do a 30 minute HIIT routine.

Wow!! When do you find time to solo workout at all??!! Sounds weird but each of my babies was my workout partner. I recently saw a YouTube video with a mother doing the same exercises with her new baby that I used to do 37 and 32 years ago with my new babies. The babies love it and you get good and strong and limber!!

Wow!! When do you find time to solo workout at all??!! Sounds weird but each of my babies was my workout partner. I recently saw a YouTube video with a mother doing the same exercises with her new baby that I used to do 37 and 32 years ago with my new babies. The babies love it and you get good and strong and limber!!
I work from home and my kids are in school all day so I usually go around lunch time. It helps break up the day! Also, my husband is a true blue partner and would always pick up my slack if I wanted to go another time. He's running kids around as we speak because I was too cold to move and it's like 8 degrees out lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On 02/19/2020 at 18:55, sarahSingh91 said:

During my stall I lost 10”!!!! This it totally tru the scale and inches don’t move together as per my PA. I do love my exercise. But I always have and gym memberships here are cheap 9.99. I don’t utilize personal training my husband is very fit so if I have any questions I just ask him and we research together. I was in stall my week 4 and it broke. After 7 days. I’m now losing about 4lbs a week. How is eating going? Can u tolerate more foods?

I’m still only able to eat very small amounts as if I had RNY so eating more frequently and believe that’s why the scale is moving again now. Lost 1 pound last night after eating the most calories yesterday since I had surgery. I think I’m able to eat pretty much anything now but even the least amount of fat comes right back up as if my surgeon put Alli (Orlistat) in my sleeve and the fat is coming out the wrong end. Sorry, I know that’s gross but it’s the truth!! LOL I’m just glad I figured it out now.

Oh, and I know it’s bad, but I had a glass of wine last night!! Was tipsy after the first sip but I enjoyed it tremendously!!! I lived in the SF Bay Area for ten years and a nightly glass of wine with ir after dinner is as normal as wine is for the French and it’s just stuck with me all these years. Not drinking with meals has been the hardest thing for me but by golly, I’m following this plan to the letter so no straws and no liquid half hour before and half hour after meals. Apparently my body needed that little glass of wine last night, seeing that I lost 1 pound of weight and wasn’t bloated this morning. 🤣

This is the app I was telling you all about that helps you know your weight loss cycle.

https://happyscale.com/

Dieting is hard enough. But when you work hard, hop on the scale, and see a number that's higher than yesterday? Well, that's just not fair! Happy Scale smooths out your daily scale weights and makes insightful predictions about when you'll hit your goals.

Join the hundreds of thousands of users who use Happy Scale to tame the scale!

On 02/19/2020 at 17:06, Taj said:

Yes I love including my baby for work outs also! My mom did it with me and now I do it with my tiny humans ❤️

This is the app I was telling you all about that helps you know your weight loss cycle.

https://happyscale.com/

Dieting is hard enough. But when you work hard, hop on the scale, and see a number that's higher than yesterday? Well, that's just not fair! Happy Scale smooths out your daily scale weights and makes insightful predictions about when you'll hit your goals.

Join the hundreds of thousands of users who use Happy Scale to tame the scale!
Oh thanks I'm gonna get the app! And I've been toying with the idea of a glass of red wine. I am German and grew up on beer and wine with meals and it's just so cultural it's been hard to break! I miss my wine and crunchy things the most lol

Oh thanks I'm gonna get the app! And I've been toying with the idea of a glass of red wine. I am German and grew up on beer and wine with meals and it's just so cultural it's been hard to break! I miss my wine and crunchy things the most lol

By glass I mean like 2-3 ounces and I plan to wait a couple more weeks haha

On 02/19/2020 at 17:14, Taj said:

I’m still only able to eat very small amounts as if I had RNY so eating more frequently and believe that’s why the scale is moving again now. Lost 1 pound last night after eating the most calories yesterday since I had surgery. I think I’m able to eat pretty much anything now but even the least amount of fat comes right back up as if my surgeon put Alli (Orlistat) in my sleeve and the fat is coming out the wrong end. Sorry, I know that’s gross but it’s the truth!! LOL I’m just glad I figured it out now.

That’s how I feel. I can’t eat large amounts at all I can get in 1oz comfortably. I am trying to go for 1.5. I weigh everything out. But it’s so uncomfortable. And I can not have sugar. Funny story my friend and I where out all day shopping thrift store shopping we love to go exploring lol and she got a Starbucks coffee a frap. I took a. Couple drinks just because. And well well well guess who was in the ARC thrift store bathroom blowing it up! It gave me diarrhea so bad! My friend was laughing her ass off!! I was miserable. It was coming out of both ends. I felt like total shit! I literally left my car there and she drove me home. We got stuck in traffic I was opening the door on the interstate and throwing up. It was so bad!! So I will defiantly be careful next time I eat ANY type of sugar!!

On 02/19/2020 at 17:20, Taj said:

Oh, and I know it’s bad, but I had a glass of wine last night!! Was tipsy after the first sip but I enjoyed it tremendously!!! I lived in the SF Bay Area for ten years and a nightly glass of wine with ir after dinner is as normal as wine is for the French and it’s just stuck with me all these years. Not drinking with meals has been the hardest thing for me but by golly, I’m following this plan to the letter so no straws and no liquid half hour before and half hour after meals. Apparently my body needed that little glass of wine last night, seeing that I lost 1 pound of weight and wasn’t bloated this morning. 🤣

I have wanted to try my wines. I am italian so it’s like cheese we eat it with everything. But I haven’t yet. But I will lol soon.

On 02/19/2020 at 18:15, BadWolfGirl said:

I use the unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it works great for me. I can't do thick creamy liquids. They just don't go down well.

I was down 16 pounds from 246 to 230 and I've sat at 230 for the last 6 days. Despite waking over 10k steps every day this weekend when in Chicago. I know it's expected and it's comforting to know none of us are alone in this stupid ass stall. Hahaha.

Yes I purchased the unsweetened one also and I hope we get over these stalls soon😂🤣

7 hours ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Wow that's nuts. I use a handful of spinach, around a cup of frozen fruit, about a cup of almond milk and my GENEPRO. It takes me an hour or two but I drink it while I work so I get side tracked. Maybe bc I'm rny things slide down super easy.?

Same with me. I can drink my smoothie, no problem. My recipe is very similar, a handful of baby spinach, 1/2 cup mixed berries, scoop of GENEPRO, a splash of Fairlife milk, tablespoon of greek yogurt, and a splash of banana split sugar-free Syrup. This smoothie will hold me until lunch time.

On 02/19/2020 at 19:41, BadWolfGirl said:

By glass I mean like 2-3 ounces and I plan to wait a couple more weeks haha

I was just going to say that a glass for us is more like 2-3 ounces and not the typical 5 ounces. I waited until 6 weeks post-op before having wine and it was just wonderful!! I was even able to add the wine to MyFitnessPal diary as the exact brand was already in their list.

On 02/19/2020 at 19:43, sarahSingh91 said:

That’s how I feel. I can’t eat large amounts at all I can get in 1oz comfortably. I am trying to go for 1.5. I weigh everything out. But it’s so uncomfortable. And I can not have sugar. Funny story my friend and I where out all day shopping thrift store shopping we love to go exploring lol and she got a Starbucks coffee a frap. I took a. Couple drinks just because. And well well well guess who was in the ARC thrift store bathroom blowing it up! It gave me diarrhea so bad! My friend was laughing her ass off!! I was miserable. It was coming out of both ends. I felt like total shit! I literally left my car there and she drove me home. We got stuck in traffic I was opening the door on the interstate and throwing up. It was so bad!! So I will defiantly be careful next time I eat ANY type of sugar!!

Omg! I feel so bad for you!! Nothing worse than public diarrhea. Sugar scares me!! I can’t imagine what would happen if I ate or drank anything with sugar. Especially seeing how my tummy completely rejects even the smallest amount of fat.

Couple of screenshots from the Happy scale app showing my progress. I’m thinking about doing the premium since it’s a one time payment. I hate monthly payments.

image-0.007033348083496094.jpg