Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 02/16/2020 at 15:52, PostVSGandKeto said:

My stats:

HW: 286

Surgery weight: 257

CW: 243

GW: tbd, but I think I'd be happy at 150

Height: 5'2.5

Omg Yayy!!! That’s great!!! Yayy

On 02/16/2020 at 16:22, Taj said:

HW: 238

Surgery weight: 228 (1/6/20)

CW: 204.4

GW: 150

Height: 5’5”

U r so close to goal weight!!!

On 02/16/2020 at 17:09, rene50 said:

Everyone is doing great! Are people who don't know you had surgery commenting on your weight loss yet? I thought for sure someone would say something at church today, but nope. I can tell for sure because I can wear clothes I haven't been able to wear in a few years. I was wearing an 18, and sometimes a 20, and now I'm wearing a 16. I guess that's just not that big of a change for people to notice, but it is to me!

My stats are up to date on my profile.

Umm my husband has been my biggest “noticer” I can’t keep him off me. It’s so great! We are loving just the freshness in our home. And we are having fun with my two bite maximum lol he even teases me lol it’s super fun! :) my best friend that know about the surgery was shocked at our lunch date at the change.
My surgeon told me. We will lose lbs on the scale then our body will change dramatically through our stalls. So that’s why it’s important to check inches. Through my stall I lost my 10inches!!! But no weight! It was astonishing. Because my stall kind of messed with my head. I was expecting it. I was prepared for it. But at the end of the week I just felt so down.

On 02/16/2020 at 17:09, rene50 said:

Everyone is doing great! Are people who don't know you had surgery commenting on your weight loss yet? I thought for sure someone would say something at church today, but nope. I can tell for sure because I can wear clothes I haven't been able to wear in a few years. I was wearing an 18, and sometimes a 20, and now I'm wearing a 16. I guess that's just not that big of a change for people to notice, but it is to me!

My stats are up to date on my profile.

Looks like ur profile is private.

9 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Omg Yayy!!! That’s great!!! Yayy

Thanks! It's been slow since surgery, but I lost 20lbs during my 2 week pre op diet

Just now, sarahSingh91 said:

Looks like ur profile is private.

Hmmm?? I'll see if I can change that, but I meant the stats under my initial.

10 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Umm my husband has been my biggest “noticer” I can’t keep him off me. It’s so great! We are loving just the freshness in our home. And we are having fun with my two bite maximum lol he even teases me lol it’s super fun! :) my best friend that know about the surgery was shocked at our lunch date at the change.
My surgeon told me. We will lose lbs on the scale then our body will change dramatically through our stalls. So that’s why it’s important to check inches. Through my stall I lost my 10inches!!! But no weight! It was astonishing. Because my stall kind of messed with my head. I was expecting it. I was prepared for it. But at the end of the week I just felt so down.

Woo hoo, Sarah! Gotta love that. My husband and my best friend have noticed, but people I didn't tell about the surgery don't seem to notice anything yet. My niece keeps looking at me and making comments about how good I look, comments on my blouse, my pants, etc., but I don't think it's dawned on her yet that I've lost weight. I didn't tell her because she's such a big mouth and thinks she has to post every little thing on FB.

On 02/16/2020 at 19:24, sarahSingh91 said:

U r so close to goal weight!!!

I’ve only lost like 4 lbs since my one month post-op on Jan 31. But I’ve lost a total of 16” since Jan 20. So it’s very true that the scale doesn’t tell the entire story. Lost the most inches in my waist-a whopping 3-1/2”. My exercise is cleaning and vacuuming and doing laundry. Laundry is 34 stairs up and 34 stairs down and I make 6 trips for each load.

On 02/16/2020 at 18:49, Taj said:

I’ve only lost like 4 lbs since my one month post-op on Jan 31. But I’ve lost a total of 16” since Jan 20. So it’s very true that the scale doesn’t tell the entire story. Lost the most inches in my waist-a whopping 3-1/2”. My exercise is cleaning and vacuuming and doing laundry. Laundry is 34 stairs up and 34 stairs down and I make 6 trips for each load.

Omg laundry is an exercise lol that is a lot of stairs! I track my weight and inches with baritastic. It is such a cool app and u can see the charts etc

On 02/16/2020 at 22:37, sarahSingh91 said:

Omg laundry is an exercise lol that is a lot of stairs! I track my weight and inches with baritastic. It is such a cool app and u can see the charts etc

My husband said I get a tougher workout cleaning the house than I would ever get going to the gym. Talking old fashioned sweeping with a broom, vacuuming, cleaning floors on hands and knees (serious arm workout), plus all the stretching and lifting furniture to clean underneath and behind. Every muscle is sore the next day, my house is sparkling clean and it doesn’t cost a penny. Definitely my preferred method of exercise. I’ll check out the app you mentioned. I used to have an app that used an algorithm to calculate which days you’re likely to drop pounds based on a couple of weeks of your eating pattern and weight loss. The theory is to keep you from getting discouraged when the scale isn’t moving, and the fact that our body is on a 7 day cycle, I think like weight watchers how you can balance your eating for the week and not just per day. I’ll see if I can find it and post it here.

HW: 238
Surgery weight: 228 (1/6/20)
CW: 204.4
GW: 150
Height: 5’5”
HW 253
SW 246
CW 228
GW 170ish maybe? I've always been curvy and thick and happy with that as long as I was fit and since I had the surgery for gastroparesis and GERD I never really thought about this.. hmmm.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

HW 253
SW 246
CW 228
GW 170ish maybe? I've always been curvy and thick and happy with that as long as I was fit and since I had the surgery for gastroparesis and GERD I never really thought about this.. hmmm.

Oh and I'm 5'7

On 2/9/2020 at 3:29 PM, walkthewalk said:

Sleeved 1/28. And I still get very sharp pains that come and go (with movement) near the big dented incision. Anyone else experience this too??

Yes all the time, I am so sore there. I use CBD cream on it because that's what I use for my regular cramps (PMS) and it helps. I guess it's just healing?! My surgeon said talk to him in a month or so if it's still hurting.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:35 PM, sarahSingh91 said:

Ok cool. I’m 4 weeks post op and I think I’m going to start my workout light again. Because my surgeons PA keeps telling me no work the 6 weeks. But I thinks it depends on the surgeons presences. I feel totally healed for God sake I carry around my 5 month old in a car seat I’m sure I can do a little jog and get some reps in lol

Oh wow, I was told not to lift more than 5-10 pounds after surgery. I'm so sore, can barely bend over. Kudos goodness to you for lifting a 5 month old in a car seat - you're super woman

On 02/17/2020 at 09:01, Ostflicka said:

Oh wow, I was told not to lift more than 5-10 pounds after surgery. I'm so sore, can barely bend over. Kudos goodness to you for lifting a 5 month old in a car seat - you're super woman

Yea it’s just me and baby right now until mid March when I go back to work. So we go run errands etc. I was lifting him a couple days after surgery. My surgeons weight lifting limit is 20lbs so lifting him and car seat I was still under or at 20