Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Has anyone tried ground beef yet?
I did. It was lean and no matter how much I chewed I didn't feel like I could get it chewed enough. Tried a turkey meatball and went down like lead. I do well with dark meat chicken and the meats that are in the P3 packs, as well as all seafood. Honestly seafood has been the best.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PostVSGandKeto said:

Has anyone tried ground beef yet?

Not ground beef, but had a couple of bites of NY strip that I made for my wife on valentine's day. It was very tender I chewed well with no issues. I start on regular food next week. I am looking forward to trying some shrimp.

Edited by Uomograsso

Brussel sprouts wrapped in turkey bacon. And lettuce wrap with chicken avocado tomatoes and sprinkle of Italian blend cheese

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

On 02/21/2020 at 16:32, BadWolfGirl said:

I did. It was lean and no matter how much I chewed I didn't feel like I could get it chewed enough. Tried a turkey meatball and went down like lead. I do well with dark meat chicken and the meats that are in the P3 packs, as well as all seafood. Honestly seafood has been the best.

I can’t do ground beef either. It messed me up when I did. I can also do chicken dark meat mainly thigh boneless and skinless.

I’ve had it all my life. I first put it in a pot with A lot (you’ll know why at the end of my comment) of normal Water and boil it for about an hour with high heat to clean it up from what’s inside and take the stuff that comes out out of the pot (add boiled water if you feel the water is less). Then I add my whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, and cloves) 2-3 pieces from each. I also add sliced onions, Sliced tomatoes, sliced carrots, and sliced green pepper. Finally I add salt and then pressure cook it on high for about 50 minutes. Then take the meat out and prepare the broil on high and put the goat inside and then wash it with the goat broth from the pressure cook (which tastes really well by itself), so the meat doesn’t get burned and keep washing it with the broth. You can cook rice for the rest of the family with what’s left of the broth and take the meat from the oven put it over the rice and let them taste a very delicious meat over rice and you could eat your small piece of the meat. (This is an Arabic dish served in The middle east)
It sounds amazing. I love Arabic food.

1 hour ago, Zyad said:

I’ve had it all my life. I first put it in a pot with A lot (you’ll know why at the end of my comment) of normal Water and boil it for about an hour with high heat to clean it up from what’s inside and take the stuff that comes out out of the pot (add boiled Water if you feel the water is less). Then I add my whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, and cloves) 2-3 pieces from each. I also add sliced onions, Sliced tomatoes, sliced carrots, and sliced green pepper. Finally I add salt and then pressure cook it on high for about 50 minutes. Then take the meat out and prepare the broil on high and put the goat inside and then wash it with the goat broth from the pressure cook (which tastes really well by itself), so the meat doesn’t get burned and keep washing it with the broth. You can cook rice for the rest of the family with what’s left of the broth and take the meat from the oven put it over the rice and let them taste a very delicious meat over rice and you could eat your small piece of the meat. (This is an Arabic dish served in The middle east)

That sounds great! I'll have to add it to my list of things I'm going to eat when I can eat anything:)

48 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I've had ground turkey already but that was cooked down in Tomato sauce, maybe meatball form is to dry. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Uomograsso said:

Not ground beef, but had a couple of bites of NY strip that I made for my wife on valentine's day. It was very tender I chewed well with no issues. I start on regular food next week. I am looking forward to trying some shrimp.

God I would kill for a good filet, but I'm so worried I won't be able to stomach it anymore based on other posts, this gives me hope!

35 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Brussel sprouts wrapped in turkey bacon. And lettuce wrap with chicken avocado tomatoes and sprinkle of Italian blend cheese

Looks delicious!

34 minutes ago, sarahSingh91 said:

I can’t do ground beef either. It messed me up when I did. I can also do chicken dark meat mainly thigh boneless and skinless.

Good to know, guess I'll just have to try and see how it goes

02/21/2020 10:26 PM, Zyad said:

I’ve had it all my life. I first put it in a pot with A lot (you’ll know why at the end of my comment) of normal Water and boil it for about an hour with high heat to clean it up from what’s inside and take the stuff that comes out out of the pot (add boiled Water if you feel the Water is less). Then I add my whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, and cloves) 2-3 pieces from each. I also add sliced onions, Sliced tomatoes, sliced carrots, and sliced green pepper. Finally I add salt and then pressure cook it on high for about 50 minutes. Then take the meat out and prepare the broil on high and put the goat inside and then wash it with the goat broth from the pressure cook (which tastes really well by itself), so the meat doesn’t get burned and keep washing it with the broth. You can cook rice for the rest of the family with what’s left of the broth and take the meat from the oven put it over the rice and let them taste a very delicious meat over rice and you could eat your small piece of the meat. (This is an Arabic dish served in The middle east)

We make goat curry all the time. It’s so Tasty! I havent had it since surgery though. But it’s a dark meat and I’m sure it will sit pretty good if it’s cooked correctly and is tender.

Imitation crab 🦀 salad with cucumber 🥒 recipe I found on Pinterest to try to get crab meat down and it went well I will post the recipe and I did not add sugar and didn’t add the bread crumbs and didn’t a lot vinegar just light Mayonnaise n the rest of the ingredients..

This is the recipe for the imitation crab 🦀

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

It was delicious 😋 and I have more to eat off of for a while just slide in fridge guys!🦀

On 02/21/2020 at 11:05, BadWolfGirl said:

1) I am so sore from the gym yesterday and I only did the baby weights on the arm machines lol! I had five wrist reconstruction surgeries (dislocated and rotated playing hockey) in the last 18 months and was finally cleared for lifting. I will never be able to use heavy free weights or barbells because I can't risk ruining my tendon grafts and the machines are controlled. It felt good but man I'm so weak!
2) Maybe the gym and working some muscles was what my body needed because the scale finally moved a wee bit (1 lbs or so).
3) I miss Motrin.
4) I miss wine.

I am sooooo relating to this post today I miss wine 🍷 sooo much also miss being able to workout over 15 mins on the treadmill I almost died this week but I’m doing it🤣😂🤣Keep Going we will get back to some things we missed later in our journey🤩